Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Facial Exercise: Share the Process and Results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
For the area in front of the ears the 'ear wiggle' exercise from Shape Your Face is excellent.

http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_five.htm
foxescaz

Sat May 26, 2012 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
foxescaz wrote:
TheresaCats wrote:
I've written about this in another thread but I just wanted to voice an opinion that I don't believe facial exer should be done by anyone who is under 40. I did them to ward off aging signs and instead feel like I've aged terribly as a result. My eye area appearance has completely changed and it looks terrible.

I started doing facial exercise two months ago and I now have crows feet when before I had none at all, my under eye hollows are at least twice as deep, and nasolabial folds twice as long. It's unfortunate, because I like what it's doing for my jawline. I hope that my face returns to normal eventually.

Which program are you using?

I started with a few I found on YouTube by Coreena Ong, then moved to Facercise, thinking that it would be more effective. Once I noticed negative effects I tried out both Lou Lou's Ageless If You Dare and Facial Magic with similar results. I decided to go back to the original set by Coreena, but am still noticing an increase in nasolabial folds and eyebags. I am not ready to give up entirely, so I have started doing a few from The Flex Effect that target my problem areas and don't stretch the skin too much (As I get the feeling that that is what has been causing my young looking skin to become more slack). I am comfortable with these for now and hear good things about the cheek building exercises with this program, but would love any suggestions for the eye bags and the tiny beginnings of crows feet.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Ok Foxescaz I think I can help you out here. If you started only 2 months ago, you may be rushing doing too many things all at once. Don't know how old you are, but I've got 10 years of facial exercises under my belt and made the same mistake as you at one time (switching a new program every few weeks) and someone finally set me straight that whatever program I did I had to give it a year to come together. They explained to me that some muscles respond very quickly like the eyes/lips and that some take a while like the forehead, and that one at the back of the head which I still can get working (think its the occiptalis or something), but the thing is you want to give whatever program your using at least 6 months of steady practie before switching. Also you sound like your doing parts of things, and thats never a good idea! take it from someone who has done it myself - you'll regret it later on. Do one program and stick with it and give it time to work!
foxescaz wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:
foxescaz wrote:
TheresaCats wrote:
I've written about this in another thread but I just wanted to voice an opinion that I don't believe facial exer should be done by anyone who is under 40. I did them to ward off aging signs and instead feel like I've aged terribly as a result. My eye area appearance has completely changed and it looks terrible.

I started doing facial exercise two months ago and I now have crows feet when before I had none at all, my under eye hollows are at least twice as deep, and nasolabial folds twice as long. It's unfortunate, because I like what it's doing for my jawline. I hope that my face returns to normal eventually.

I started with a few I found on YouTube by Coreena Ong, then moved to Facercise, thinking that it would be more effective. Once I noticed negative effects I tried out both Lou Lou's Ageless If You Dare and Facial Magic with similar results. I decided to go back to the original set by Coreena, but am still noticing an increase in nasolabial folds and eyebags. I am not ready to give up entirely, so I have started doing a few from The Flex Effect that target my problem areas and don't stretch the skin too much (As I get the feeling that that is what has been causing my young looking skin to become more slack). I am comfortable with these for now and hear good things about the cheek building exercises with this program, but would love any suggestions for the eye bags and the tiny beginnings of crows feet.
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
For the area in front of the ears the 'ear wiggle' exercise from Shape Your Face is excellent.

http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_five.htm

Thank you so much for this - it really taxing! Needless to say I can't do it! But its very well described and having read it a few times now I think I know what I'm looking for and will persevere. Thank you again

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 11:26 am      Reply with quote
foxescaz wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:
foxescaz wrote:
TheresaCats wrote:

There is also the possibility that you may have overbuild on you NL area - I kept working hard at this with the FE exercises and it took me quite a while to realise that the muscles were pulling tight and making it look worse, so I backed off and now it looks so much better. Also I think skin needs time to get used to being handled and I thought my skin was resilient, but I think it was showing signs of being worked too much. Just a possibility

Sun May 27, 2012 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still a little terrified, should I stop for a while to let things settle and then start again slowly with one program? (I'm thinking eva fraser or flex effect)

TheresaMary wrote:
Ok Foxescaz I think I can help you out here. If you started only 2 months ago, you may be rushing doing too many things all at once. Don't know how old you are, but I've got 10 years of facial exercises under my belt and made the same mistake as you at one time (switching a new program every few weeks) and someone finally set me straight that whatever program I did I had to give it a year to come together. They explained to me that some muscles respond very quickly like the eyes/lips and that some take a while like the forehead, and that one at the back of the head which I still can get working (think its the occiptalis or something), but the thing is you want to give whatever program your using at least 6 months of steady practie before switching. Also you sound like your doing parts of things, and thats never a good idea! take it from someone who has done it myself - you'll regret it later on. Do one program and stick with it and give it time to work!
foxescaz wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:
foxescaz wrote:
TheresaCats wrote:

[img][img][img][img][img]
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Foxescaz thats a good idea to stop for a while, and I think that it will improve when you stop and then you can start back with just one program, but I think you got to realise that switching programs in a short space of only 2 months is probably what hasn't helped here. At one point I did exactly the same as you, and I couldn't understand why but my face took on a horrible look which I then tried to overcompensate for by doing a mix of exercises from all the programs that I owned, as I figured that would help even things out and of course it didn't. It wasn't till a trainer on the FlexEffect forum pointed out to me that I was overdoing things and of course overworking my muscles. Sometimes I do think that it would be nice if all the programs had a forum you could pop along to, and to be honest its something that I do think Deb deserves credit for at Flexeffect because many times its been a god send to me. there was ones a forum for Ageless which Loulou just neglected and lots of people who had issues popped over to Flexeffect and got help and assistance there that they should have got at the ageless forum imho. I do think that Carolyn Cleaves is also good in that she answers every email but sometimes to me they are kind of repeated responses (and similar to the old Flexeffect responses i.e. just keep going and have faith in the program). I do wish her and Carole Maggio would open their own forum because there is lots that we could learn from them both as a group rather than in short limited one to one email responses. Still thtas just the way it goes I suppose.

foxescaz wrote:
I'm still a little terrified, should I stop for a while to let things settle and then start again slowly with one program? (I'm thinking eva fraser or flex effect)

TheresaMary wrote:
foxescaz wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:
foxescaz wrote:
TheresaCats wrote:

[img][img][img][img][img]
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,

If you've

(a) Been scared that FlexEffect is too aggressive,

(b) Or were worried about Nonie having said that people can ruin their faces,

Please visit

http://flexeffect.proboards.com/board/35/carolyns-facial-fitness-nonie-aka

to be better informed about what was happening behind-the-scenes with Nonie's campaign against FlexEffect.

-----

I'm posting this because I think it's important that people not be scared off of facial exercises in general...which is what I fear Nonie's posting inadvertently did...

And there are lots of people on the EDS forum who have tried more than one exercise program, so please feel free to ask questions. I know lots of EDS posters are more than willing to share opinions and to help you find a program that you will love.

I hope this helps!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
My take on it is this: don't overdo it. All we're trying to do is replace lost fat and stop muscles and the skin attached to the muscles from sagging. I used to use Flexeffect and about a year ago switched to Ageless, because Flexeffect was taking me too long.

Everyone says I look 10 years younger than I am, and switching programmes doesn't seem to have changed that (would prefer 15 years younger by now though...).

I found that Flexeffect does emphasise 'building' in the booklet, maybe because Deb was a bodybuilder and really understands that. But it might tempt some people to overdo it a bit - we don't want a six-pack on our faces, after all.

Also, however carefully I follow the facial exercise instructions, I found other work is needed for some wrinkles (upper lip and parentheses in my case). Needling is the answer to those for me. So don't expect facial exercises to be the only approach you'll need.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Yep, the upper lip is still an issue for me. I just started Retin-A in preparation for CIT.

I agree with you regarding any body/facial building programme. Anything can turn out wrong if you overdo it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I don't think that's fair to say that everyone shares that same goal, when I came to facial exercises I wanted to reduce dramatic sag after weightloss.

I also think that different people and age groups and genetics are attracted to different programs, so it takes time to figure that out too.

Plus you are right about needing other things, but I think in the beginning sticking with one program for a period of time is a good idea and then adding gradually when you know your face is sensible. I don't do any one program completely because I have been working my muscles for over 10 years (probably more like 15 ha ha but I'm not saying) but like program owners do they make programs based on their own particular needs and so they don't work for everyon.

Just my take!
Needl wrote:
My take on it is this: don't overdo it. All we're trying to do is replace lost fat and stop muscles and the skin attached to the muscles from sagging. I used to use Flexeffect and about a year ago switched to Ageless, because Flexeffect was taking me too long.

Everyone says I look 10 years younger than I am, and switching programmes doesn't seem to have changed that (would prefer 15 years younger by now though...).

I found that Flexeffect does emphasise 'building' in the booklet, maybe because Deb was a bodybuilder and really understands that. But it might tempt some people to overdo it a bit - we don't want a six-pack on our faces, after all.

Also, however carefully I follow the facial exercise instructions, I found other work is needed for some wrinkles (upper lip and parentheses in my case). Needling is the answer to those for me. So don't expect facial exercises to be the only approach you'll need.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |