Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facial Exercise: Share the Process and Results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Thought I might pipe up with something positive on this topic (for a change Laughing ) and give an update of my progress.

I just went and checked the date of my download of Ageless to see how long I've been at it, and realized that I'll soon have been doing facial exercises for six months! Time flies! I had imagined it was more like 3 or 4. Anyway, as the program is short and easy, I've found no problem doing it at least 4-5 times a week on average (sometimes more, and I think I fell down to only a couple of times during one or two busy periods). It's remarkable how much stronger my face muscles are compared to where I started. I remember having trouble trying to do all the reps, and problems with strength in my hands etc.

Lately I've been so surprised by the changes in my face. The same things to report as others - more open and awake/bright looking eyes, much more firm cheeks with muscles that have appeared to have thickened, and a fuller mouth!!

I recently went on a camping/canoe trip with my husband, (where of course he was taking his usual endless photos of me sans make-up and feeling grubby). Looking back at them I was expecting to see my usual baggy tired eyes, puffy and slightly sick looking face, instead I was shocked (and I mean SHOCKED) that a healthy face was in all the photos. I'm still kind of reeling, because I'm so used to there just being the occasional photo in great lighting that looks ok (which is NOT bright outdoor light!).

My husband has been commenting quite a lot on how much better I look these days compared to a few years ago. There are a couple of other things I've done that I feel has greatly affected my looks, one is stopping gluten (I know I keep mentioning this - I'm just trying to be fair to attribute credit to everything) which had aside from other things affected my looks by making me look puffy and doughy in the face with enormous eye bags. Every photographer I've worked with since my early twenties found my eye bags incredibly bothersome, and my pictures ALL needed fixing in this area. Stopping gluten brought down quite a bit of the swelling but left me feeling still a bit fluidy in the lower cheeks where it would mostly collect, so another thing I really got into was fairly vigorous facial massage. I started with the Vaculifter (which I love and use almost every morning), and now I use my hands/knuckles to drain my face out towards my lymph and to give my muscles a thorough rub down.

The massage and stopping gluten in my diet definitely helped my skin bounce back incredibly well, but I can only credit the tone of my underlying muscles, and new fresh look to my face to the facial exercises. It's taken quite a while to really notice it (it's really only been the last couple of weeks that I've been completely certain - seeing the pics confirmed it). My face really feels firm!

Well, there's been a few difficulties, such as some mouth pouches that I developed along the way which seem to be blending better now. I can actually feel what seems to be a thick band of muscle that starts just above the sides of my mouth and goes down what people refer to as the marrionette line. It feels like a thick chord that starts above the mouth and goes down to the chin!! No idea what the muscle is, but it's not the obicularis thingy as it's straight and not round - any ideas anyone?

My thoughts these days are that I really enjoy facial exercises and love the results. I'm not a fan of some things surrounding the programs...but I've discussed those elsewhere, and this is about progress. Soon I'll invest in FE so that I can learn some more exercises and hopefully tailor a nice workout to build on what I've achieved so far and keep improving.

There you have it, I hope it's encouraging to someone who's at the 2-4 month mark and feeling discouraged.

BTW I did all the ex's every day (except the occasional extras) with the odd day off. That's just cos I'm gungho and wanted fast results. I'm not recommending that others do that, too as I do believe the down-time is just as important as the exercise time. For me there were always days when I 'couldn't' exercise, which I felt always gave me enough recovery time.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Bravo trigger - what a great way to realize the facial exercises are working: to see the results in pictures without make-up and not in the most flattering light. That says something.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Vangirl:
The best advise I can give you with the foam balls is: Less is more!!!!

Thanks for the word of caution, Zenity. I will keep that in mind as it is quite easy for me to overbuild both my triangularis and my obic oris. I agree that it's difficult to isolate the buccs... my obic usually tries to kick in and I probably only really manage to get half of my contractions with just the buccs.

Zenity wrote:

Sandford Bennet cheek massage is something, too, I did in between sessions. Overall It worked great and felt great.

I did the SF massage on the rec of one of the FE posters to help with the buccs. At first it was good, but then I found that my buccs were really sucking in and my skin there was pooling and crepy. Whether this was the intense massage or just hitting the lowest point of a gaunt stage I don't quite know. At that point I got some advice from Loli and Sean and changed the way I did cheek press adv which has helped considerably. However, this area is still not to my satisfaction.

Zenity wrote:
If anyone decides to go for it, my only advice is to start slowly paying a lot of attention of what muscles are involved, then trying to isolate them as much as you can (really takes time to learn... ) and watch out for any sign of overbuilding to cut back asap as you see this happening.
Saving the distance, my VERY humble and non formal opinion is that I, somehow, feel than the balls are for the lower cheeks as the bootcamp is for the upper cheek. But, please, do not compare exercises, just intensity of the level of exercising.

Thanks again. I am actually on my second round of cheek bootcamp right now so I understand what you mean by how equal the two are in terms of workout.
Zenity wrote:

The suction massage has been great in the past for me. Still is. Somehow I experienced that contracting the muscles while suctioning was applied made the results last longer and somehow felt a different type of "build" in the muscle, but in no way as exercising my face.

I don't quite understand about the contracting while I suction. I'll wait til I get them and bug you a bit more -- if that's okay. I think you did explain it on one of your very detailed FE threads.
Zenity wrote:

But it is an optical trick to make you feel better and look better.
One of my (virtual) friends did some lower cheek ex. and went into the sucked in look, then added the suctioning massage just to help his face look better while the muscles were developing.

So do you think then that the suction massage is just temporary puffing up or inflammation? So you're not really getting a long-term build with it?

Thanks Zenity for your really detailed and helpful answers.

Yes, and thanks to Sister Sweets for 'moderating' so well and keeping the conversation on target.

Vangirl

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Vangirl, as I do not want to hijack this thread with subjects not related to facial ex. as the negative presure massage I am PMing you.
My apologies to the others if this has gone a bit off topic. Smile

Just want to clarify suction massage does not and it is not intended to build up any tissue.
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Zenity...

Apologies for the derail...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:

Lately I've been so surprised by the changes in my face. The same things to report as others - more open and awake/bright looking eyes, much more firm cheeks with muscles that have appeared to have thickened, and a fuller mouth!!

Congrats on the great results and I'm really glad that you stick with the program even though you used to be rather skeptical in the past.

As for me, I also experienced some minor mouth pouches in the first couple of months with Ageless. But they just totally disappeared after I start to do the "crush" as an occasional exercise.

It is also interesting to learn that a gluten-free diet can help to improve the skin texture, as I heard it is mainly for the treatment of celiac disease. And thanks for sharing your experience!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Just to clarify:

What I call negative presure or suction massage it is what you get using devices designed for it as the vaculifter or a cupping set.
There is at least one thread at EDS talking about this and the one I started at FE about my experience with a cupping set.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Haha! It WAS for celiac disease!! I didn't go through the enormous inconvenience of removing gluten from my diet for my 'skin texture'! I just meant to share that aside from the other numerous health issues I had, my face was very puffy (probably an allergic response), and felt it fair to mention that was one of the reasons my face has improved aside from massage and facial ex. I'm in the process of getting some pics together so you can see for yourself. It wasn't a mild skin condition that I self diagnosed gluten intolerance for (you'll see how ill I look in the pics).

Also, I was NEVER skeptical about facial exercise being beneficial. I have shown skepticism about HOW beneficial it can be, and expressed annoyance at what I consider dishonest b/a's and lack of disclosure re. other procedures. I think it's totally reasonable to hope that people selling programs be upfront with people about how much change one can expect from facial ex. I find that Claudia from FE is very honest with people as far as being straight with them as to what's achievable.

I'm just one of those people that find b/a's that are clearly lit more flatteringly and showing changes that are certainly not from ex's alone dishonest, as it can mislead people into thinking they'll miraculously look like they've had an overhaul, too. I'm not sure what Loulou has done to her face exactly, but in her videos she looks like an entirely different person. I for one don't believe that exercises alone achieved those dramatic changes. But, I've made that clear elsewhere. Although for me it detracts from the true value of what facial ex's can truly offer, I never entirely denigrated ex's and claimed they didn't work. As a matter of fact, I was clear that I was doing them and planned to continue doing them.

I'll always remain a discerning buyer, I consider it important.

That said, I'll show my pics, (hopefully find a way to keep my anonymity, too!) and you can see for yourself what 6 months ex's and massage, and in my case dealing with some health issues can achieve. NO SURGERY!

They will be lit completely differently though, as I never expected to want to show b/a's. They'll be from holiday pics.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Trigger, can't wait to see your b/a photos. (I'll bet you are looking really gorgeous! Wink )

Sharing the progress photos is definitely a great way to show what the program+routine can achieve as well as to encourage and motivate others. I am really grateful that some members selflessly posted their b/a photos here at EDS forum which motivated me to check out Ageless program. After all, pictures speak louder than words!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
If a person has celiac disease, it makes perfectly good since that the removal of gluten would make a HUGE improvement in facial appearance. It's my understanding that the gluten prevents the body from absorbing nutrients. No nutrients... well, I would only imagine that you would "look it". Quite, honestly, I think this is a huge testament how diet effects your appearance. (and why I wish my diet was somehow perfect... LOL!)

I think it can have a similar impact as the lack of hormones.

Trigger glad to hear of your progress! Just crop those pictures...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
OK. First pic is my eyes three years ago still eating gluten, not facial exercising or massaging, and second is last week, doing all of those things, plus better skin care. A lot of the pigmentation has gone too.

Unfortunately after the puff went down, my tear troughs suddenly became evident that they had hollowed Sad (still working on that!)

Also, the first pic I'm wearing make-up and concealer (to minimise bags Laughing )and is outside on a cloudy day and the second one is on a camping trip without make-up but is inside a tent with slightly diffused afternoon sun.

Wow! It's so hard trying to find photographs that are even slightly on a similar angle/lighting!! Whew! That was hard work!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Your eyes are looking great! I definitely notice a difference. Your skin looks just as good without makeup.
Btw what made you choose ageless over flex effect?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Your results are impressive, trigger!!! Your pictures will definitely inspire many, great job. And thank you for sharing! Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Guys,
I am going through something related to diet change that is next to amazing in regards to the difference in my face. I have been doing facial exercises for over two years and have had dramatic improvement. I haven't had a bad diet but it didn't include the abundance of veggies that it should have. Three weeks ago I started making green smoothies and starting this week I have been floored with the change in my face. I have struggled with some sag in the lower face area and within three weeks it is gone Shock Now it is not fat loss because I am thin already and do not desire any weight loss. What seems to have happened is a total detox that has flushed out issues in my face. I thought I was experiencing aging sag when it was diet related Embarassed No one could be more shocked than me because I don't retain fluids or have any issues with foods that I am aware of. Please if you are struggling with your face don't over look the nutritional aspects like I have for the past three years!!!You might be pleasantly surprised just what a change of diet could do for your face....not to mention the rest of your body. So let's not forget how important sleep, exercise, and now for me green smoothies in my diet!!! Imagine this smoothie is GREENImageImageImage

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone is serious about their face, they cannot neglect their diets (and I include supplementation in that word "diet") as its fundamental.

It does make me laugh as its something I have received much criticism for in the past, but the magical thing is that when someone begins making informed diet choices, their faces show the results in a very short space of time.

I'm so busy researching now its not funny, but the info is definitely out there for sure!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Toby ~ I love the idea of a green smoothie. Can you tell me what's in it? I am learning some really cool tips on this forum. Thank you everyone for sharing. SeanySean ~ Yes diet is so important to how we look & more importantly ~ how we feel!! However, I still gotta have my treats!! All the best, Aprile Wink
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile,
The green smoothies are so good that you would forget about the special treats!!! I will pm you a lot of information and if others are interested we can start a thread.
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Your eyes are looking great! I definitely notice a difference. Your skin looks just as good without makeup.

Well, actually it was how inexpensive it was and the time factor... I'm sold on doing exercises now, and will hopefully not fall into laziness and do them for the rest of my life. Just this last week my lower cheeks have pulled right in, which gives my face a wonderful shape - my cheekbones are finally in evidence!. I'm so happy!

I'm going to invest in FE when the new DVD comes out so I can learn some more exercises and keep reaping the rewards.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Guys,
I am going through something related to diet change that is next to amazing in regards to the difference in my face. I have been doing facial exercises for over two years and have had dramatic improvement. I haven't had a bad diet but it didn't include the abundance of veggies that it should have. Three weeks ago I started making green smoothies and starting this week I have been floored with the change in my face. I have struggled with some sag in the lower face area and within three weeks it is gone Shock Now it is not fat loss because I am thin already and do not desire any weight loss. What seems to have happened is a total detox that has flushed out issues in my face. I thought I was experiencing aging sag when it was diet related Embarassed No one could be more shocked than me because I don't retain fluids or have any issues with foods that I am aware of. Please if you are struggling with your face don't over look the nutritional aspects like I have for the past three years!!!You might be pleasantly surprised just what a change of diet could do for your face....not to mention the rest of your body. So let's not forget how important sleep, exercise, and now for me green smoothies in my diet!!! Imagine this smoothie is GREENImageImageImage

Oh yeah, I've noticed that the puffiness in my face is proabably due to poor circulation and toxins. The Oil Control Method (OCM), which uses castor oil, helps the circulation and puffiness and even detox. But the green smoothies are an excellent nutritional choice to deal with that issue.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:

Well, actually it was how inexpensive it was and the time factor... I'm sold on doing exercises now, and will hopefully not fall into laziness and do them for the rest of my life. Just this last week my lower cheeks have pulled right in, which gives my face a wonderful shape - my cheekbones are finally in evidence!. I'm so happy!

I'm going to invest in FE when the new DVD comes out so I can learn some more exercises and keep reaping the rewards.

I have ageless too and I also want to get FE! Will the new dvd include footage from the old one as well? Im wondering if I should wait for the new one to come out.
Btw do you do all ageless exercises or targeted ones? I want to do one specifically for lifting the eyelids because of time constraints.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Trigger - thanks so much for sharing your pictures. They show obvious improvement - skin looks good too. I think you will be glad to have both FE and Ageless. FE will be a nice mix and I for one believe it is good to mix up from different programs - my face feels it. I'm hoping to get the new Flex effect when it finally comes out (let's hope it's this year)... I tell you I've been waiting for the new FE for two years...

And TOBY - I think a green smoothie thread is in order. I would love to have the information on the smoothies - what you are putting in your smoothies, etc....
This is the next frontier for me! And I trust in your lead.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Trigger - thanks so much for sharing your pictures. They show obvious improvement - skin looks good too. I think you will be glad to have both FE and Ageless. FE will be a nice mix and I for one believe it is good to mix up from different programs - my face feels it. I'm hoping to get the new Flex effect when it finally comes out (let's hope it's this year)... I tell you I've been waiting for the new FE for two years...

And TOBY - I think a green smoothie thread is in order. I would love to have the information on the smoothies - what you are putting in your smoothies, etc....
This is the next frontier for me! And I trust in your lead.

me too! i would love a thread on smoothies and other related nutritional efforts.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Okay since I am a novice with the smoothies I will start one and all the experienced folks can jump on the wagon and help us! Going to start it nowImage

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Guys,

Can not agree more on this one. This board focuses more on topicals and cosmetical treatments. However our true beauty in how young our actual cells are. Diet & supplemets are really #1 to keep us being and looking young from within. To look good one should be in good health to start with, and there are ways to slow aging process , and get relatively younger overtime. Did not mean to hijack this thread, but wanted to support great importance of what we put in our bodies.
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Toby-- will you put your receipe for the green smoothie on the new thread, I would love to have it. I live in Arizona and it is so hot right now I do not have much of an appetite so I have been living off fruit smoothies but need to get some greens in there.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |