Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facial Exercise: Share the Process and Results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Oubeautiskin

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sistersweets,

Thanks for your warm welcome and answering my questions. Smile

Hi Claudia,
I am the same person who posted over in the flexeffect forum and thanks once again for answering my questions in the FE forum and over here.

I am currently doing Ageless and would love to add in FE soon- (waiting for Deb's latest version of the book and video. I am also doing FE Cheek Press Adv which is one of FE sample exercises that i came across the internet. I am hoping that with these exercises i will be able to lift and fill out my sunken cheeks and eliminate my mouth pouches (which is part of the cheek line. Smile
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
On the mouth pouch issue Cool now that it's been mentioned...some people may remember I had a little panic attack over these. They arrived very soon after starting exercising, and hung around getting worse, until recently! I have no idea why they suddenly smoothed out, as I've been exercising harder than ever. Maybe it was an area that was a bit slack before I started exercising that took a while to smooth out?

Also, instead of doing less of the exercise for strengthening the risorus (which was copping the blame for causing the pouches) I started doing far more of them! And intensely! There seemed to be the problem of that exercise causing temporary problems that people would panic over and stop exercising, so it was advised just to stop doing it regularly. I decided on the opposite approach, to see if I could work through the difficult stage, and get to the other side. It was slightly scary, as those mouth pouches are nasty looking things, but only a couple of weeks into my new hardcore effort, they miraculously smoothed out!

Just thought someone might find that interesting! Very Happy

Nice to meet you Cecilia, looks like we'll be joining FE together!
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I have read, I am not sure now where that Ageless has a dvd. It was out and then didn't work. Right??? That was a while ago. I can not find a link or know where to find the dvd if it there is one. Can someone answer me?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Trigger... I would call that Powering through. It's really hard for many people to do that. Because, it's such an unknown for them. So many are convinced they are mid facial destruction.

If a person can keep from freaking out about it, and power through the exercises they will often get to the other side faster. They will likely however, experience the "tired look." waking up tissues, and can hit some emotionally rough spots. So, yes, we will often say back off. Allow other areas to gain some strength, to help maintain a balanced improvement.

It's really important, I think, to set back and evaluate your adversity to risk. It's a little bit like a financial evaluation. The higher and faster the pay off for your investment the more risk you have to ride out scary times... can you emotionally tolerate that? Do you have the time to tolerate that? So, if you're younger, with 30 years before you retire, I might say you have more time to make up for any crazy financial dips in the market... likewise, I might say, hey, you might hit these so called "akward stages... just keep investing steadily, and you are likely to make out like a bandit in the end." If you can't take that simple advise... then...

If you're older, and you and approaching retirement, or you're just a bit of a worrier then you might consider a more conservative approach. It really depends on what your portfolio looks like right now... How desperate is your situation. Are you going to lie awake at night fearing that the market will crash while you sleep. (that happens to those of us that wake 3+ hours after the NY stock exchange opens). If that's the case, then remember the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady, can help you win the race... without needing prozac or antacids.

So, there you have it... a few approaches to consider depending on your age, goals, and starting point... for both your face, and your 401k...Please talk to your certified financial ad visors before investing... (for those of you wondering... I was raised on FE... but I'm degreed in finance... still thinking of getting my MS in Financial planning so I can sit for the CFP exam... but do I want to do that??? not sure.)

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I want you to have it...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
trigger I am so glad you powered through. that is such good news.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I have read, I am not sure now where that Ageless has a dvd. It was out and then didn't work. Right??? That was a while ago. I can not find a link or know where to find the dvd if it there is one. Can someone answer me?

http://louiseannette.proboards.com/

go here and there are posts about this.
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Question for Cathy or Claudia - Does the tired look - as Trigger had and moonstone mentioned - happen to advanced exercisers? Or is this primarily an occurance to newer, less experienced exercisers when their facial muscles are not used to it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Second question - thought of this tonight when I was going through some FE. I love the advanced cheek exercises (hand in the mouth). Is there a benefit if I do these for 10 seconds instead of 6 since I'm confortable holding the contraction, etc? Or is 6 seconds the recommended and only goodly amount of time. (I've been doing 10 seconds for about half of them for some time now.)

For those of you who don't like the in-the-mouth ones - they work.... after a while you feel it. The lift is so obvious. Claudia does them in the shower with clean hands!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Sis... I think it can happen through all phases of ANY development... You can continue to "find" new muscle fibers that you haven't hit yet. (just like body building... there is always a way to hit the muscle from a different angle... and therefore get added benefit)

The tired look being that you do just that.

Now, It's really important not to just brush off that tired look to simply your exercises.. I think if your face is showing a noticeable negative appearance, you need to check in with all the other variables. Hormones, (cover your ears...) Diet, sleep, stress. We live in an economy where I think you will start noticing the impact of how bad things are on the faces of people around you... it all adds up.

Yes, there would be added benefit to holding for 10 seconds. You should feel a fatigue with this. So, It's not something I would recommend to just start doing daily. But a great way to change things up a bit.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Also to add in on what Claudia said on hormones contributing to the tired look -
my looks change a lot during the changes of the cycle. More so now than when I was younger. (perimeno - headed into meno)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Claudia and Cathy - your answers have given me something to think about. Appreciate them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Haha Laughing love the description Claudia, although I know nothing whatsoever about finance.

Also, I didn't really notice too much that I was looking worse for wear while I was powering through, but working from home part of the time, I can pick moments where it doesn't matter what I look like to try these things. But when I do step out, it's usually for a tour, interviews, tv stuff and photoshoots, so I have to look as good as is humanly possible (for me). I always stop any vigorous workout a couple of days before a show, so that my face is relaxed and settled. The lack of the uglies may be because I'm not that old (35) and the muscles didn't have to repair as much as when people start later, or it may have been my new outrageously vigorous massage program. I had a couple of days of feeling slightly puffy, though - if that's what you mean. The lop-sided look I've been sporting since starting seems to be evening out, too, as I've been concentrating very intensely on making sure the slower side is pulling it's weight. It was annoying having one bigger cheek and lifted side of my face, while the other looked dropped. Slightly strokish. But it was these changes that convinced me that exercising works. You're not going to get a different face, but you can get a fresher plumper one - depending on when you start, what your issues are etc. I didn't want to do anything except slow the aging down that was starting to show up. I've had great success with topicals for my skin texture/fine lines/ pigmentation issues, and just wanted to perk up the underlying structures. So far it's worked better than I hoped it would.

And, it feels like somethings tightened up in my cheeks, because I can feel the inner flesh on my cheek tight against my teeth now, which I hadn't noticed before! Anyone experienced that? Or is it my hopeful imagination? Smile

Great questions Sister. I'm interested to hear the response, too.
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Hey Sister Sweets,

I'm 14 months in and I get a tired look occasionally. I think it's from overwork... so when I get that look I usually take a two-day break.

Also, wanted to say I just finished my second round of cheek bootcamp. I was really hoping that at the end of the 3 wks huge apple cheeks would jump out at me. Instead, I looked super fatigued so I took 4 days off and just massaged. I really uppped the massage to my lower cheek area (an area that I had neglected for about 4 months). Now, I feel that I've hit another level in my flexing. My whole lower face is a lot smoother and my nl's are really diminished, as are my marionnettes. The hollows are almost all filled in now and the pouchy on the left side of my face is smooth. I think the improvement is cumulative but I'm sure bootcamp helps kick it up a notch.

I've really ticked off a lot of my goals now with flexing (still want more volume in my cheeks, but I just think that it will come with time). Hoping that the diminished nls and pouchies are here to stay. I think the FE lower cheek massage is probably more key than I had realized.

Trigger, Loli told me that she can feel her cheeks against her teeth. I think she was telling me that mastering cheek press/adv, corner mouth pull and massage would get me to that point. I do notice that my cheeks are much thicker to the touch.

Vangirl

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Returning to some previous posts in this thread...

Here is a great example of the gradual volume loss that comes with aging:

http://www.makemeheal.com/news/category/celebrity-plastic-surgery

Anne Heche looks fabulous and is clearly aging extremely well, but if you look carefully, you can definitely see the volume loss in her cheeks and even more so in the lower part of her face. Even though the volume loss is more subtle in Anne's case, you can still see that small volume loss still can make a significant impact on how the face looks.

I also wanted to briefly address the concerns that some people have about facial exercises resulting in a more manly jaw. I link to this set of photos because I think it shows that even though Anne's lower face has less volume in the second picture, her jaw, imo, looks more manly in that picture (of course, Anne still looks gorgeous and very feminine to me). I just wanted to show some support of my theory that a manly jaw is often the result of a sharper jawline (less volume in the lower face) that is not balanced by stronger cheeks. In other words, building the lower face does not (necessarily) give one a manly jawline; it's all about balance.

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Oops...here's the permanent link to the Anne Heche photos:

http://www.makemeheal.com/news/anne-heche-botox

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I agree, I think Anne Heche looks good, but what a bizarre thing for the plastic surgeon to say:

“Anne Heche definitely appears to have had Botox. Her frown lines are smoothed from previous photos. This could be the effect of Botox or some good airbrushing. Either way, she looks great.

Huh? If it's the result of airbrushing than the picture looks great, so not 'either way'. No discredit to Ms. Heche, of course (I think she's a doll)
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Interesting timing, as the New York Times magazine just ran a long (long) piece on Anne Heche, in which the author commented on her perfect skin and flawless good looks.

(Other than that, kind of a pointless story, not sure why it was in the NYT.)

The FE component of exercising has gotten much easier for me now, a couple of weeks into the program. I've memorized most of the exercises so I can do them at odd moments. Good thing, since my day is full of odd moments.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
As for the airbrushing -- I would be very, very surprised if any fashion/lifestyle mag cover were not airbrushed. Those covers typically look even better than perfect!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
pleiades wrote:
Her frown lines are smoothed from previous photos. This could be the effect of Botox or some good airbrushing. Either way, she looks great.

Huh? If it's the result of airbrushing than the picture looks great, so not 'either way'. No discredit to Ms. Heche, of course (I think she's a doll)

LOL Pleiades, good catch!

But I think he meant she looks great without the frown lines, whether from Botox or just photo manipulation.
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
pleiades wrote:
Her frown lines are smoothed from previous photos. This could be the effect of Botox or some good airbrushing. Either way, she looks great.

LOL Pleiades, good catch!

But I think he meant she looks great without the frown lines, whether from Botox or just photo manipulation.

Oh yeah, I completely understood what he implied. I just don't think there's parity between the two courses of action. For me, one transformation is quite tangible. Smile
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
It's occurred to me that my life would be much easier if I could just Photoshop myself before I went anywhere.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
It's occurred to me that my life would be much easier if I could just Photoshop myself before I went anywhere.

Amen Laughing Laughing Laughing
This is the best laugh I have had this year! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Yep - for sure!

5% products discount

Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great thread. I've been following it since Sister Sweets started it back in May, in fact I posted about my progress at three months with Loulou's Ageless program on May 17. I'm now approaching the six month mark with Ageless and thought I'd post an update. My eyes are looking very good, eyelids have lifted giving my eyes a more open and youthful look. I recently noticed my upper lip is fuller and plumper, which I like a lot too and the skin on my face and neck feels firmer and thicker. My cheeks look slightly lifted and more promenant but I still have a little sagging on either side of my mouth, (mostly on the left side). I plan to continue with ageless, as I am seeing positive results, but I'm at a point where I think I should add more exercises into my routine to further address the ml sags and give my face a more rounded workout.

I've looked at a number of other face ex programs and it gets kind of mind boggling trying to decide which to buy. I wish I could buy them all, but I can't right now. I've considered purchasing FlexEffect, Carol M's Facercise or Carolyn's Facial Fitness to name a few. Can anyone here give me a good recommendation? Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |