Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Facial Exercise: Share the Process and Results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean, its one that I used to say all the time until someone pointed it out to me, and I thought geeze, how many birds must I be killing with that saying. Its so true about massage though being the icing on the cake though for me. I'm so cross I ignored all the advice given to me to do it, was kind of like yeah I'll get round to it when I have time, and of course never did until one of the trainers asked me how long I was spenidng and I admitted I wasn't doing any and got a brash response where they said how could I expect good results if I wasn't prepared to do the work necessary and I thought ok I'll give it a try.

I'll have to send Deb a message re her wording too!
sister sweets wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
I hate that saying "kill two birds with one stone". I used to use it all the time, and then someone asked me why would I want to kill two birds and realised I had to change my language! Its a horrible saying when you think about it.
Theresa

OMG - laughing. I totally agree. It IS pretty awful. Deb Crowley says this in her CD - about massaging the face and riding an exercise bike.

Anyway at least you are massaging now, Theresa. I find it amazing how valuable massage is to the tone, appearance and feel of the skin, don't you?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:51 am      Reply with quote
My facial exercise result does not show on my face but my belly. Every time when I "hold" for facial exercise I do Kegel exercise and tighten my belly. Believe it or not, my belly is firmer. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis - LOL. Hey that's great. I'm all for multi-tasking.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone explain what the "kiss the sky" exercise is?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kiss the Ceiling (sky too Laughing )...

Tilt head back = tilting as far back as you can to have face *facing* ceiling. Pucker lips like a fish - pushing them outward and upward (not really a kissing motion - but close)... Hold for 20-30+ seconds. do at least 3 times.

It's a good exercise to fit in whenever! good for helping that double chin, jawline and neck. Easy and quick.

To help the neck push down on neck tissue at same time and emphasize the upward feel or motion by pushing neck upward and thinking UP.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
There are so many threads on facial exercise. Which one should I look into?

For the past 3 years I've done knuckle massage on my face in the shower once a day. It's improved my cheekbones and helped lift my chin area.

What is the best? What all do you like? FlexEffect?

I feel lost. Thank you.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi spence - an easy starting point is -

Ageless if we Dare. It is short, easy and inexpensive. If you find yourself getting into the exercises you will likely want to expand out.

Carole Maggio Facercise has an 8-minute superset than I am currently doing - it is VERY effective and easy. You have to be able to focus and use the *feel* of the muscle and energy to make it work but if you do.... it is great. My results are amazing and in a short time.

Flex Effect - I did fe for two years prior to Facercise. I will rotate back to this again. Flex Effect takes more time. The new system of exercises is very comprehensive - discusses massage, bone massage and other very innovative techniques.
The exercise component is very nice also and gives you alternatives for working the face (like one would do in a body building or body sculpting environment).
I still do some of the FE exercises that I feel aren't addressed in CMs program. And the bone massage.

If you get into it - you will likely want to get all three but a good way to stick your toe in the water is Ageless.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi
Im looking to do just exercises for the eye because my eyelid has become droopy over the years. Who has the best eye exercises? I tried ageless for the face and it made my jowls look worse.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Faeriedust... Jowls at 23?

I would be suspicious that you have an underlying medical condition. And I would first and foremost recommend a complete physical to make sure other things (such as your hormones) are not out of whack... That seems like very aggressive aging to me... You should not be jowling at 23 at all. Or do you have extreme sun damage?

I'll let others comment on their favorite eye exercises... as I think my opinion would be clear...LOL! Wink

5% products discount

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to know what I can do to prevent my neck cords from showing through. I am 46 and in the last year if I catch sight of myself in my compact mirror I am aghast! I have these long vertical cords coming forward. It's as if I have lost all my thickness in my neck! I want to toughen up and thicken up that area. Is the "Kiss the ceiling" exercise for that or is it going to make it worse? I need a thicker neck, please.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I doubt kiss the ceiling is going to thicken your neck the way you want. Claudia may have some ideas here. Shrugs with weights will help a little and I'm sure someone at a gym could suggest neck building exercises but do you want a thicker neck, really?
I think if your jawline is taut and you don't have a double chin you're doing well and if your neck isn't sagging that's also a plus. It's hard to see what your problem is without a picture I guess. Can you adjust your posture to decrease the look of the neck cords?

5% products discount

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thicker neck meaning thicker skin on the neck so these ligaments (is that what they are?) don't show through. I'm 5'7, 120 lbs, kind of on the thin side, don't have any fat in that area. It's most unattractive from certain angles. I will try to post a picture this weekend to show what I mean.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:14 am      Reply with quote
You may want to try massage and skin brushing, as both really thickened the skin on my neck and made my cords less visible.
lipper wrote:
Thicker neck meaning thicker skin on the neck so these ligaments (is that what they are?) don't show through. I'm 5'7, 120 lbs, kind of on the thin side, don't have any fat in that area. It's most unattractive from certain angles. I will try to post a picture this weekend to show what I mean.
lipper
5% products discount

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Can you tell me where to find info on this? I'm new to it all. What type of massage or brush?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:44 am      Reply with quote
No I can't tell you specifically which sources to try.... but try googling. There's hundreds of different ones, and there's so many out there. With dry brushing, there's threads on here already so do a search. Its here for the taking.
lipper wrote:
Can you tell me where to find info on this? I'm new to it all. What type of massage or brush?
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
lipper,

I can't remember. Do you have Carole Maggio's book? I think you stated that you did or was it someone else? Anyhow, if it was you, she has it in her book from 2002. If it wasn't you, there are many sources that talk about skin brushing.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thats for the body though, not the face. She doesn't really talk about brushing the face (but she does demo it on her dvd).
skincarefreak wrote:
lipper,

I can't remember. Do you have Carole Maggio's book? I think you stated that you did or was it someone else? Anyhow, if it was you, she has it in her book from 2002. If it wasn't you, there are many sources that talk about skin brushing.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:55 am      Reply with quote
lipper wrote:

Lipper, I use two different mitts for facial drybrushing - both I got from facercise.com site. One mitt is less abrasive than the other. I use one in AM, other PM on a clean face. I used other methods before but I really like the mitts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I thought thickening of the skin would help my very veiny forehead (when I smile); I've used a vaculift for around 2 years. Lots of vigorous manual massage too for months. I'd say they look just as bad as they ever did!

I pinch and pull, but focus on pressing the skin, as the vaculifter takes care of the suction part. Maybe I just need to learn a more effective massage technique?

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about the vaculifter - as don't have one (nor want one).... but I would have thought that massage and skincare alone should have had some effect by now. I wonder though if its something to do with your diet perhaps - as I know when I try things and they don't work others always tell me its diet related.

ljk wrote:
I thought thickening of the skin would help my very veiny forehead (when I smile); I've used a vaculift for around 2 years. Lots of vigorous manual massage too for months. I'd say they look just as bad as they ever did!

I pinch and pull, but focus on pressing the skin, as the vaculifter takes care of the suction part. Maybe I just need to learn a more effective massage technique?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I drybrush for exfoliation and to increase the glow factor - not for thickening of the skin. I've heard that pinching, massaging has the potential to thicken but I cannot attest to that personally.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Lipper, I use two different mitts for facial drybrushing - both I got from facercise.com site. One mitt is less abrasive than the other. I use one in AM, other PM on a clean face. I used other methods before but I really like the mitts.

Carol Maggio's facial mitts? OK I will try them on my neck, I guess, and see if it will thicken up the skin!
lipper
5% products discount

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I drybrush for exfoliation and to increase the glow factor - not for thickening of the skin. I've heard that pinching, massaging has the potential to thicken but I cannot attest to that personally.

Oops just saw this, ok I will try that.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Okay - True confessions - I've had the new Flex Effect DVD for probably two months and skimmed it and the book but didn't have quite the time I wanted to review and get into it. Sooo I put it aside for the time being until I could do it justice.

I just finished my last teaching day for Spring semester and was of a mind to really check it out. I went through the entire DVD for Flex Effect - I did Resistance training, Pressure reps, Cross Stretching and Jolting - I did all of it. And it felt GREAT!!!!!

I've been faithfully doing CM's facercise for almost two months and enjoy it - love the "burn" , the feel of the energy and the imagery that is a part of her exercise methodology. All good stuff. And 8 minutes: ya gotta love it.

I'm in the process now of figuring how I'm going to do some combining. I really like the "additional" facial repertoire (pressure reps, X-stretching, jolting) and want to fit these in. My goal is to go at it 3X a week and incorporate eye, lips and cheeks of FE in while maintaining CM facercise exercise.

We'll see how it goes. This was the promise I made to myself when the semester came to a conclusion; to put together a great summer facial Ex program - Crazy huh! I guess we all have fun in different ways. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:13 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Do you mean you've done that and not seen an increase in thickness etc?

sister sweets wrote:
Okay - True confessions - I've had the new Flex Effect DVD for probably two months and skimmed it and the book but didn't have quite the time I wanted to review and get into it. Sooo I put it aside for the time being until I could do it justice.

I just finished my last teaching day for Spring semester and was of a mind to really check it out. I went through the entire DVD for Flex Effect - I did Resistance training, Pressure reps, Cross Stretching and Jolting - I did all of it. And it felt GREAT!!!!!

I've been faithfully doing CM's facercise for almost two months and enjoy it - love the "burn" , the feel of the energy and the imagery that is a part of her exercise methodology. All good stuff. And 8 minutes: ya gotta love it.

I'm in the process now of figuring how I'm going to do some combining. I really like the "additional" facial repertoire (pressure reps, X-stretching, jolting) and want to fit these in. My goal is to go at it 3X a week and incorporate eye, lips and cheeks of FE in while maintaining CM facercise exercise.

We'll see how it goes. This was the promise I made to myself when the semester came to a conclusion; to put together a great summer facial Ex program - Crazy huh! I guess we all have fun in different ways. Laughing

Someone said a little while ago that Shawn incorporates that into FlexEffect (which I thought originally was kinda stealing, but then figured if its not Facercise exercises and its just the means then maybe its not - I'm undecided). Facercise just doesn't work for me, I so wish it did.

Theresa
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |