Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Skinfood BB Cream: Anyone have ingredients list for this ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
One a previous thread beetlebugs mentioned something called BB Cream I did a search on the forum and found a couple of threads on it and a lot of information online seems to be a phenomenon in Asia. Anyway like the majority of people who frequent this board I am something of a sucker and find myself itching to buy a tube which of the Skinfood BB Cream which is actually going for an okay price on ebay. I would like to know what might be in it before I buy though. I have a good idea that it may not be very natural ingredients. I did see a list for another brand and it seemed very silicone heavy which is something I personally try to avoid as I don't like the idea of using a product which is basically a Spackle paste.

Does anyone have an ingredients list for the Skinfood BB Cream or any experience of using it?

Thanks for your advice!
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Well I managed to find some info on the ingredients of this product and as I suspected it is mostly all silicone. It kind of goes against my skin care philosophy but I might go ahead and order a cheapish BB Cream just to test it out. If the results are nice I can always keep it for special occasions.
floprain

Sun May 17, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried BB cream of Dr.jart+ and skin79, which is better brands than skinfood. If you are oily skin, i should suggest you do not try this products. And i got more acen problem when i used it, though i removed with clean oil every night...
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
floprain wrote:
I have tried BB cream of Dr.jart+ and skin79, which is better brands than skinfood. If you are oily skin, i should suggest you do not try this products. And i got more acen problem when i used it, though i removed with clean oil every night...

Are you saying that the skinfood brand is not good for oily skin or that no BB cream is good for oily skin?

I think I'll just go ahead and order some of the Skin79 brand anyway as my curiosity needs to be satisfied! If it is bad for my skin I will donate it to a friend with less oily skin than I have.
beetlebugs
5% products discount

Sun May 17, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I've tried skinfood's mushroom & aloe range bb cream & am currently using it's Aloe range (with SPH20). I prefer this Aloe one cos it's easier to apply onto my skin. My mom is using the mushroom range, which is more for ageing skin & the coverage is better.

I can post the ingredients list for you when i get back home later, hopefully it's all written in English, not Korean. Laughing
beetlebugs
5% products discount

Sun May 17, 2009 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention that i've got normal to dry skin & in my early 30s.

I enjoyed trying new products, hence am still buying different brands & types of bb creams to try whenever my current ones is about to be used up. The next brand i'm gonna try is Dr Jart+. Here's a list of info i extracted from the website......

Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox Healing Blemish Base (Black Label BB Cream)
Whitening & Anti-Wrinkle Formula (SPF 25 / PA ++)

This unique triple action formula containing innovative active ingredients aims at covering skin imperfections, concealing blemishes and activating skin rejuvenation. It also smoothes wrinkles and fine lines while providing skin protection to skin.

Size: 50ml

Colour: Natural Beige (with pink undertone). Suitable for those who wish to achieve a nude, good skin, no makeup look.

Skin Type: Dry / Normal / Combination skin. Suitable for those who wants to prevent wrinkles and fine lines.

Active Ingredients: Arbutin, Adenosine, Caviar ext, Ginkgo ext, Collagen, Camellia ext, Chamomilla ext, Bisabolol, Aloe Barbadensis Juice, Demethicone, Zinc oxide.

Dr. Jart+ Silver Label Rejuvenating Blemish Base (Silver Label BB Cream)
Whitening (SPF 35 / PA++)

This unique professional formula containing innovative active ingredients aims at covering skin imperfections, concealing blemishes, and activating skin rejuvenation. It soothes red, irritated skin while providing moisture to skin. It can also be used as a makeup base.

Size: 50ml

Colour: Ivory Beige. Suitable for those who wish to achieve a radiant look.

Skin Type: Normal / Combination / Oily.

Active Ingredients: Silica, Arbutin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Pathenol, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Hordeum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10).
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info and advice beetlebugs. I went ahead and ordered the Skin79 Gold BB Cream it was not to expensive from ebay and I am very keen to test this product. I am early 30's and have combo skin so not sure this product will be okay for me to use daily but maybe just for going out etc. I will have to wait and see I am just curious really to see what all the fuss is about! I'll do a review once I've tested it.
beetlebugs
5% products discount

Tue May 19, 2009 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Have checked my Skinfood's bb cream, unable to post the ingredients list cos it's all in Korean.

Hope you enjoy using the bb cream & hope to see your review soon.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the skinfood bb cream. The coverage is good, but I got loads of clogged pores from that product. My face was just dotted all over. I stopped using it and the clogged pores all faded within 2 days.Now I'm using BRTC Jasmine water bb cream. I love it!
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my Skin 79 Super+ BB Cream Gold and have done a review of it on the products section of the forum. It's early days yet but so far I'm very impressed! Thanks for all the advice Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |