Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
My Rosa Y Fruta review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kids -

I think I may have introduced some of you to this line - and now that I have used it for about 4 weeks, I think I can safely give you my honest review.

First and foremost - customer service. Elizabeth is a doll. She is super efficient and exremely helpful and gets your order out right away - packaged great too! She has had to deal with a lot from people trying to copycat her products, but from what I understand she has just about resolved those issues. Great for her.

The full size products are NOT cheap. No sirree bob. However, the ingredients she uses are so high quality, that I am okay with that. (as long as credit cards bills are kept safely away from DH)

My absolute fave is the Ambrosia cream. This is the most wonderful moisturizer and it has turned my skin around. It makes it velvet soft, you need only the smallest amount, and all you want to do is touch your face. I ordered the sample first ($25 - but it lasts), then the full size ($50). Elizabeth accidentally sent me another sample size, and when I emailed her on it, she not only apologized profusely, but told me to keep the incorrect sample size, and I got my full size two days later. Nice. This cream for me is a keeper and a wonderful product. I am 40 with normal-to-dry skin, but I hear girls who are oily say this has worked a miracle for them - erasing pores and clearing up their skin, go figure. I have also heard that some girls didn't like the fragrance (roses) or that the product didn't work for them - as always, we are all so different, but for the most part, I hear more girls raving about how much they enjoy it.

Nectar de Rosa - this is a mask thingy with real rose petals in it. It's nice, very hydrating, and I use it once a week. Will I buy the full size? Probably not. Great to try as a sample tho.

Champagne Toner - LOVE THIS!!!! I will probably get it in the mist the next time. This feels yummy on your skin. I used it like water, which was naughty b/c it's not cheap either!!! I just couldn't get enough of it.

Damascena de Rosa - Very nice cleanser. Smells great. Jury's still out on whether I'll order that again tho - just ordered Babor and Dr. H from my Freebie Gift cert -we'll see which I like better!

Rose Lustre - lovely. Lighter version of Ambrosia. I still like Ambrosia better tho.

Rubescena de Rosa - This is a pure Rose Hip/Argan oil, which I'm using to help w/ hyperpigmentation. I notice that it totally hydrates the eye area, but I'll need more time to see if it helps lighten up my sun spots - But very nice.

She has new products coming out that I'm itching to try - but for now I'm still very, very happy with the products I've used thus far. Good stuff, great owner.

Me likey.

xoMaria

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am so excited to see a RosaYFruta review, thanks for sharing your experience. I've been waffling about ordering some samples because this line is pretty costly. However, I think you've convinced me to try the ambrosia cream. . . I would love to see those horrid pores just VANISH! Smile
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I too like the line....some things more than others.
The cleanser & toner take some getting used to because - I really don't care for the scent of the toner & I like things that smell nice. I'm sure that I'll grow to like it more because the cleansing is particulary easy on the skin in the morning. My face is combo-slightly dry in the winter ( Embarassed make that fall too) All in all I would buy them again (scent permitting) because they are so very gentle & applicable with my (new Rolling Eyes & fabulous) DHC Silky Cotton Pads.
The moisturizers are nice too but the smaller sizes would do me forever. Like Maria says, a little of the Ambrosia goes a long way but that sure isn't a bad thing! It's quite oily/greasy at first - you are almost tempted to blot some off but it does sink in and is lovely. You keep wanting to feel how smooth your skin is. For shelf life preservation I think that some might prefer the smaller size if they don't use it every day. The lighter moisturizer is spritzed on & feels quite nice too as a pick me up or if my face feels hydrated enough already. So far I've been using it instead of my Evian-type Valmont spray & I think I like it better.
I haven't got the hang of the scrub/masque yet so I'll keep trying. It's very dry in the pot so you add some toner to emusify it & it is nice. IMO it exfliates/softens. Period. No great shakes but not heaven.
I lost my head & bought some of the rose oil & I'm iffy with oil. But it did sink in okay & perhaps I should use it on really dry areas (like the instructions say Rolling Eyes ) instead of slathering it all over my face.
All in all it's like a pampering kind of line & because it's natural you feel like you are really doing something wonderful for yourself. The cleanser, toner & Ambrosia cream are for sure to be purchased again & there's a return of a previous mask that they used to sell that they're bringing back...
One last thing & very important is that Elizabeth is extremely helpful & knows her product inside & out. How can you go wrong with people like her (& Ian & Judy & others here just like them)? She can bend & blend how you use the line so as to make it just right. I should get back to her on the Nectar de Rosa for a better (right) way to use it. I really do think that I'm doing something wrong:|
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I sent them a mail to ask about the shipping to Japan as I am hunting down a couple of new moisturizers (Babor and Cellcosmet being the others in line).

I am going to get the trial Ambrosia and I was thinking of getting the toner in the mist bottle to use during the day in the office (Japan is really dry in winter and the stiffling offic heating turns the best skin into dried leather in a week Shock )

AND I just have to try the pot of white honey and rose clay mask.. oooh, it sounds divine!
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to read some raves regarding RyF products. I have to chime in that Elizabeth is very responsive with emails and she always sends her package so nicely wrapped and all. So far I have on purchased a trial size of the ambrosia cream. It is nice but it is not a miracle product for me. I can still see my pores and some dry spots in the am.

Right now I am doing Elizabeth's dermatitis trial. Still trying to get use to the idea of washing my face with oil (coconut butter). I am breaking out with daily whiteheads but I will give it for at least a full week before throwing in the towel.

FYI Maria, I have a mini kit from Sevi on order. Yes, delphi forum made me spend money again Bad Grin
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to look into these products. Can someone direct me to a website or site to purchase from?

Thanks Exclamation
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Gaby - I did a search, and this is the official site I foundwww.rosayfruta.com

Don't know if any other sites offer more discount... Maybe Maria or RuthMarion or other members would be able to direct you on that Smile
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have only ordered directly from Rosa y Fruta. Sometimes I feel better knowing that for sure, for sure I have the right thing & not a knock off. Smile
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
moshimoshi,

You can go to mineral makeup mania on delphi forum. Check the swap/sell folder. There are RyF for sale from time to time. Most of them are used, just fyi.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
MariaV Please let us know how the Rubescena de Rosa works for your hyperpigmentation. I have really been curious about the product after reading on it and look forward to hearing how it is working for you. Smile
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marella -

Still using RYF and still love it. Here's the scoop on the Rub.deRosa....I love it for hydrating the eye area and it makes my face wonderfully soft and hydrated - which is great, because I get so dry in the winter here in New England.

To be honest, I did not notice a change in my hyperpigmentation from using it, but I still use it every day b/c I love it for the above reasons. However, because it was really bothering me, I went to a derm about 6 weeks ago and she prescribed the ever-expensive, non-health insurance covered, Triluma. Yes, this makes many cringe b/c of the HQ in it - but for me, it's really helped a great deal. I use the teeniest, teeniest amount - and only at night. In the a.m. I use the Skinceuticals Phyto + and c+e serum -. So far, this seems to be working. It takes very, very little mineral makeup now to cover up my "spots". I will not use the Triluma past 8 weeks - even though it looks as if I've barely touched the tube. Once eight weeks is up, I'll just use the a.m. regimen and see how I do.....I'll keep you posted!

Maria Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
MariaV

Please do let me know how you do on your regiment. I use the C&E and am actually just getting ready to order the Phyto+ also. I think that the Phyto+ possibly will be good for my skin even if it doesn't do the job I would like on my hyperpigmentation. I know I love the C&E.

I have been toying with the idea for a while now of making that appointment with a Dermatologist. My insurance won't cover it and I haven't been to one since I was a teenager, but I think in the long run it will possibly save me money and certainly frustration considering what I have spent on products that didn't help at all. My hyperpigmentation isn't horrible, but it certainly bugs the heck out of me. I am not familiar with the product you have just started, but I am not really up on a lot the prescription products anymore. I hope it works well for you. I look forward to hearing about your progress with that and on how the Rosa de Fruta products do as you continue to use them. Thanks for the feedback. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |