Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Botox at 20?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm only 20, but I've had wrinkles for some years. Right now, I'm only using moisturizer and a suncscreen, but I'm planning on using Retin-A and a Vitamin C moisturizer also. However, will it affect my skin negatively in any way if I use Botox at 20? I think my skin is a lot older than 20. Most people guess me at 23-25.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't start to have botox at your age sometimes even little kids have "wrinkles" especially under the eyes. Sometimes it's just your face structure or skin type and not to do with aging. It's really not bad to be thought to look 23-25 when you are 20 that is pretty much the same age group.
I have heard that botox over use can lead to sagging although I don't know if this is 100% true is sounds possible.

Save the big guns like botox and fillers until you are in your 30's + if you think you need it then. What you are doing now using Vit C and Retin A and sunscreen will really help your skin into the future. I am 31 but would not have botox at this point I still feel I am too young for it but I guess it depends on each individual.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I agree with pandora.. Botox is after all a poison, and each year something new is discovered.
I also think there has been to much emphasis placed on that porcelain, fake, doll like look.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Alien wrote:

I also think there has been to much emphasis placed on that porcelain, fake, doll like look.

Well said, I could not agree more.

Barksdale, you are only 20 and I bet your skin is lovely. Its one of the sad things in life that we find it hard to see our own beauty and only come to see it once it has past. I look back at pictures of myself at 20 and wonder what on earth I was so upset about! Not that I mean to belittle your concerns. Its a good thing to be proactive about your skin.
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
I wouldn't start to have botox at your age sometimes even little kids have "wrinkles" especially under the eyes. Sometimes it's just your face structure or skin type and not to do with aging. It's really not bad to be thought to look 23-25 when you are 20 that is pretty much the same age group.
I have heard that botox over use can lead to sagging although I don't know if this is 100% true is sounds possible.

Save the big guns like botox and fillers until you are in your 30's + if you think you need it then. What you are doing now using Vit C and Retin A and sunscreen will really help your skin into the future. I am 31 but would not have botox at this point I still feel I am too young for it but I guess it depends on each individual.

Thanks, for the advice. However, Maria Cross used Botox at age 25 and it doesn't seem like her skin too any disadvantage of it:

http://de.img.v4.skyrock.net/de1/elrate/pics/612854816.jpg

Btw, I read some more about Botox now and it's seems like it's only temporary. Also, it's really expensive, especially for a 20 year old hah. It will only last 4-5 months. Whereas wrinkle laser treatment will work much longer.
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:

Thanks, for the advice. However, Maria Cross used Botox at age 25 and it doesn't seem like her skin too any disadvantage of it:

Btw, I read some more about Botox now and it's seems like it's only temporary. Also, it's really expensive, especially for a 20 year old hah. It will only last 4-5 months. Whereas wrinkle laser treatment will work much longer.

What I would be concerned about it developing immunity to Botox. Some people do develop immunity to botox so then no matter how many units you apply, it won't work. The more (and the longer) you apply Botox, the greater chances of developing immunity. Now they're using Myobloc (Botulin B) to treat people who developed immunity but it doesn't work for everyone.

That is why personally I wouldn't start as young as 20.

And yes, botox is only temporary, you have to apply it 2-3 times per year.
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
I would not recommend Botox at 20+ as once u started doing it u have to keep up with it every 3 mths if not lines etc will start to re-appear.,..this is what i heard from my friend who did the botox on her jawline..
mandylimks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
i prefer hyaluronate asid... it makes ur skin look watering and shinning!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I agree 100% with Pandora77. At your age, you are too young for botox. Why not try alternative like Obagi skin line? You will have diminished wrinkles and great skin.... Please try it.

Thanks.

Barksdale wrote:
I'm only 20, but I've had wrinkles for some years. Right now, I'm only using moisturizer and a suncscreen, but I'm planning on using Retin-A and a Vitamin C moisturizer also. However, will it affect my skin negatively in any way if I use Botox at 20? I think my skin is a lot older than 20. Most people guess me at 23-25.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
seriously that is a little crazy! 20 and your skin will spring back when you smile and laugh etc ..you dont need botox. What you do need is to start keeping your face out of the sun looking after your skin well (but not obsessively)with natural products (perhaps some lactic acid peels every week)and watching what you eat. Getting into a healthy life NOW is probably the MOST important thing you can do for you now and you in 20 years from now. Reading up on antioxidants eating well no bad fats no margarine etc ... doing yoga ...your skin and hair and body will be so happy!Cultivating great habits now and you will look glorious for a long long time.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:

Please don't compare yourself to celebrities, especially photos. All photo's are airbrushed.

Botox is a temporary, it lasts any where from 3-6 months. If you start now thats alot of money towards botox for your lifetime.

I suspect that you are being too hard on your self. I bet you look great. I would definitely start off with retin-a an c serum.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Please don't do Botox at this young age. As many others said Botox is temporary and it is too yearly for you to use it.
I am sure you look great and you are just too hard on yourself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Barksdale: It made me sad to read your thread! When I was in my teens and twenties I was pretty nice looking, I mean I had clear, flawless olive skin, nice figure and beautiful very long thick and shiny hair and I use to wish I could afford plastic surgery because I was so ugly. You are 20 yrs. old please enjoy your youth because it goes by so fast. Just do simple things to take care of your skin:good diet,exercise,sunscreen and do not wear makeup to bed! Looking back at my photographs I would give up anything to have that youthful glowing look that only people as young as you have! No you absolutely do not need botox!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |