Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone tried Pevonia oxygen products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm interested in incorporating an oxygen cream into my routine a couple days per week for general brigtening and lightening, and was wondering if anyone has tried the Pevonia products and can compare them to Karin Herzog? I read the "thanked posts" of the KH thread on the reviews forum (the rest was far too long Embarassed !), and as usual want to try something new for fun but don't know too much about oxygen products for skin in general.. Any comments would be appreciated, TIA!!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I can help you. I have tried both and I find Karen Herzog to be superior to the Pevonia oxygenating line.

The Pevonia line did nothing for my skin. The moisturizer was drying and I started to break out. My skin just looked blah!

Karen Herzog, in my opinion, is an incredible line. It clears up my skin and makes it glow. My pores are smaller and my face is smoother. Whenever I stop KH I notice a difference in my skin.

Hope this helps you.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you leeleedeedee! Have you tried both the Oxygen Face Cream and Vit-A-Kombi 2 from KH, and if so which one is better?? I'm sorry if this is a redundant question already answered in the KH thread, but it's too long and I don't recall seeing an answer to that particular question when I skimmed it. Thanks again!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello fat_swan...I really don't mind answering any questions you may have. I do use the Oxygen Face Cream but I only place a dab of it on any blemishes I may have. I have very sensitive skin so I have not yet used the Vit-A-Kombi 2. Instead, I alternate between the Rose Face Cream and the Choco2 which has 1% and 1.15% oxygen. On top of that I wear the Chocolate moisturizer. For me it's a wonderful combination!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi again leeleedeedee, is there a reason you alternate between the 2 creams and use an additional moisturizer on top? I thought they're all creams and moisturize... Eh? I also have fairly sensitive skin, and am trying to decide what to try first. Like I said in my original post, I'd like to incorporate a KH oxygen cream product into my routine a couple times a week. Thanks!

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi fat_swan, the reason why I alternate between the two creams is because of the different strengths in oxygen, the choco2 being a little bit stronger. Since I have very sensitive skin I'm going slowly with the oxygen. I started with the lowest oxygen cream (the Rose Face Cream which is 1%) then I slowly added the Choco2. Eventually,I'll be using the Choco2 daily and then slowly introducing the Vit-A-Kombi 2 which is 2% oxygen.

As one's skin slowly responds to the oxygen it has a tendency to get drier before it's supposed to normalize. I already have very dry skin to begin with and for this reason I add a moisturizer to my routine. My skin still needs it. The oxygen face creams are not moisturizers per se, they are supposed to normalize the skin and not really add moisture to them. But, for sensitive/dry skin like mine some added moisture is needed for now.
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Interesting that you mentioned this today....I received a sample of Pevonia oxygen lotion from EDS and just tried it last night/today. I thought it was ok (a little light for my skin) but I don't know anything about "oxygen lotion".

Can either of you give me a little info on using a skin cream with oxygen in it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Shelley01....try the website below. I think it will explain everything far better than I can.

www.karenherzog.co.uk/
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
thank you leeleedeedee!!

the website is a little overwhelming though....any chance I can get your thoughts and your testimony?

Thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shelley01...yes, the website can be overwhelming,but it does explain the Karen Herzog skin care line and the benefits of oxygen.

In a nutshell, what I like the best about the theory behind "oxygen" is that it "normalizes" the skin and can be used on the most sensitive of skins. I prefer that to slathering on moisturizers that of course makes the skin feel good but does nothing to help re balance itself and heal it of its sensitivities.

I started Karen Herzog about a year ago and when off it a couple of times in order to try some other skin care lines that I was interested in. Now that I have that urge out of my system I've returned to Karen Herzog and feel it's the best skin care line for me. I have very dry/ultra sensitive skin and I feel this is helping me at the root of my skin care problems rather than just soothe and cover up my sensitivities and dryness. It clears up my skin beautifully and gives it a glow that no other skin care line has ever done for me. I find the prices quite reasonable too.

If you're interested in trying it you can buy just a couple of products to start off with and slowly add more if you feel it is working for you.

I hope this helps you a little.
havana8

Wed May 20, 2009 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Although quite long, this thread might help you out too:

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28480
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again leeleedeedee!
I've been looking more into oxygen skin care products, and it turns out Natura Bisse was one of the first companies to make oxygen products, even before KH. Has anyone tried this and compared to KH...?
Oh and I know I'm helpless and can never make up my mind Embarassed . This forum is so hard on the wallet! So sorry for all the questions, thanks!

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, fat_swan. I never tried Natura Bisse so I can't compare it to KH. The only thing I can say is that I'm very satisfied with KH.

Good luck with whatever skin care line you choose.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |