Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Make-Up Shade Recommendations?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know a lot about makeup, so maybe someone with lots of experience and interests in makeup can offer some advice?

The hardest thing is knowing what eye makeup colors would work best for me and lighten my eyes or make them stand out more.

My skin tone is like a light olive/neutral. I tan easily and have a yellowish undertone, but I stay out of the sun so I'm kind of pale. And my hair color is a dark blondish / light brown with warm reddish undertones. So, overall I am more in the warm summer/autumn tones and the clothes that look best on me are earthy colors like reds, browns, black, etc. I think I need some really good bases though, because I have a difficult time getting any colors to show up on my skin and my skin seems to eat it.

My eyes though are green but they are a dark grayish mossy green. Not a bright bluish/green. Not a lot of color overall, which is why it's always been difficult to answer what color my eyes are. A lot of yellow specks inside with a dark gray outline. Anyways, so a lot of makeup advice for green eyes is to go with a peachy or gold bronze color or with mauves and purples to contrast the green. Since my eyes are more gray and desaturated though, I wonder what the best shades are to bring out the color in them so they don't look so dull. I know I can try all the shades out and see, but I just don't want to spend all my money on dozens of makeup products. lol. Thanks!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I had the answers to your Q, BYRG. I can't imagine what colours will work for you unless I can imagine them on you.

My guess, though, is that lining your eyes with dark green (like MAC Fluidline in Shade or BB LWGL in Ivy Shimmer Ink) might enhance the green in your eyes. Then sweep black mascara to open your up eyes.

Also, try using an undereye brightener and sweep blush on the apples of your cheeks right under your eyes (and blend blend blend!) so the contrast between the coloured cheeks and the uncoloured skin under your eyes brightens the whole eye area. Try BB Shimmer blush in Coral (don't worry the shimmer doesn't show at all) it's a nice peachy coral pink.

Oyh. That's what works for me though. Why don't you print out a few closeup photos of yourself and then use colour pencils to 'try out' different colours on your face to see if they work for you.

With regard to colour not showing maybe you could use a primer underneath. I don't use one so I don't have any recs. But my hunch is that sometimes while we think the colours don't show up on us, they're realy there, and are quite obvious to other people.

Sorry I'm not helping much... hope others have better ideas Razz

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
BYRg - I think that with some browns- golden you can't go wrong .I am not sure if this is the best for you but I haven't seen yet someone that wears earthy colors and doesn't look good.
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Try a shimmering burgundy, maybe like MAC starviolet. use that to line your eyes - with a slanted brush and feather out from the lashline. You can also use a primer like too faced shadow insurance before and then use a lighter shimmer all over the eye like MAC Shroom. So in order, primer, shimmer shadow (Shroom)from the lid to the brow bone, then burgundy (Star Violet) applied with an angle brush on the lash line. Finish with black mascara. Hope that helps!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |