Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

for judy..after peel skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Beeba
5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Judy Smile
I am about half peeled from my tca 35% that I had on Friday. I have been putting aquaphor on the scabby part as advised. My problem now is the new skin (which by the way is very irritated and red) gets white heads from the grease. I have a couple of moisturizers but am not sure if they are safe on the new skin. I was told the olay complete lotion is but it doesnt seem to be enough moisture.(It also has an oil absorbing powder..which dries me out) I have a jar of principal secret time release mosture but there are no ingredients on the jar. These are the only ones that I have that I believe have no acid in them. I can not drive anywhere due to the breast implants and no-one is avaliable today to drive me. Do you know if the principal secret is safe to use?
Thanks
Beck
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Beeba....

I wish I could say, but I just have no experience with after-peel care.

The people who did the peel should have suggested the best products to use after. Did they suggest anything?

Bless your heart! I know you will be so happy when all of this is healed....not to mention being beautiful and sexy! Wink

JUDY

5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Aww thank you Judy Smile
The ps office just say use a good moisturizer without aha. I sure wish I could get a recommendation from them Sad
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Beeba,

I am sure you are going to look BEAUTIFUL once your heal.

It is unfortunate that you were not told what moisturizer to use. I would give the doctor's office a call and ask them just what you should use until you heal. You would think it would be something extremely gentle.

Surely, some of the great people on this forum who have had TCA will be of help to you.

Good Luck,

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Beeba wrote:
Aww thank you Judy Smile
The ps office just say use a good moisturizer without aha. I sure wish I could get a recommendation from them Sad

Sometimes with Doctor's offices, you have to be very specific in your requests.... even a bit pushy. They absolutely should have given you post surgery instructions.

Just my opinion, but I would say that for sure, you want to use something that is very gentle and has no dyes or fragrances that might aggravate your skin.

If you have someone that could go to a health food store where they have natural skincare products, perhaps they can suggest something natural and gentle. Usually the products there are the least irritating.

JUDY

5% products discount

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Judy
I called them again and the woman I spoke with said she had not had a chance to ask one of the ladies who works there that had had the tca and she would call me back tomorrow Mad You are so right if you don't really push you get nowhere! I'm sure it will sort itself out.
Beck Rolling Eyes
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Beeba,
I have had two tca peels and to be honest was told to use only Bactroban for the first week. Not sure if that is something available to you or not but it is a prescription antibacterial ointment here in canada. As for moisturizer on recently peeled skin once it is healed you can go back to your regular moisturizer.

Sorry I hadn't seen your post sooner, if I can be of any further help pm me.

Sherri
Beeba
5% products discount

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sherri
How did you like the results of your peels? They had me putting a product called aquaphor on mine it is almost like vasoline and doing vinegar water rinses (only on the brown stuff) once a day. I am mostly peeled at this point just an area on the forehead that wont budge. I was just looking for a good moisturizer for the red part..in the mean time I am keeping the "grease" on the face. It is one week today and im impatient I guess.
Thanks for the reply
Beck Smile
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Becks,
I was semi satisfied with the results of my peels but to be honest have had better results using Obagi and retin a.

Good luck , keep us posted with how your results are.

Sherri
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Beeba wrote:
Hi Sherri
They had me putting a product called aquaphor on mine it is almost like vasoline and doing vinegar water rinses (only on the brown stuff) once a day. I am mostly peeled at this point just an area on the forehead that wont budge. I was just looking for a good moisturizer for the red part..in the mean time I am keeping the "grease" on the face. It is one week today and im impatient I guess.
Thanks for the reply
Beck Smile

Beeba....

Sorry it's been a while since I "talked" with you, but last week my computer monitor burned out (literally) and since I live on the lake, replacing it meant an all day trip into the city, etc. etc. Confused

Just listening to what one experiences with a peel, I truly don't think you're being overly impatient. In fact, any of you who have done this and gone through what you describe, have my sympathies and my admiration!

By now, I'll bet things are much better and you're further on your way to more beautiful skin. Smile

Give us an update!

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Beeba....

Today on tv, I saw a recommendation on a foundation to be used after a peel to camophlage some of the redness. The name was Lycogel. Hope this helps.

JUDY

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |