Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY face massage (for drainage)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 2:26 am      Reply with quote
I will like to share this video I found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwM5v8PPjt0&feature=related

It shows you how to do a face massage yourself at home! I went for a lymphatic drainage facial once and its really expensive! I tried this once and it's really relaxing. Maybe I can do this once a week and go for the facial once a month! I also bought the products my masseuse uses. She uses a mixture of 2 Methode Physiodermie products.

(1) Normalizing (HY) Bioarome
(2) Decongesting (VD) Bioarome

You guys should try it! I'm also wondering if the jade roller works. I saw in a magazine that Kate Moss uses that.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
You might also want to look up the Karin Herzog "pressure wash" approach...the link below is broken now, but I happened to save this in a word doc. The key thing is the hand movements...I'm sure you can do this with many products.

Quote:

The Pressure Wash System
For maximum lymph drainage to de-congest the skin

Description
The lymph drainage system is the bodies natural mechanism for toxin removal. Sometimes our system can be sluggish and toxin removal can be slow, this results in congested skin that can look grey, dull and lifeless, and even prone to break-outs. To stimulate the removal of these toxins, we need to increase the circulation and aid the flow of the waist product to the areas known as the lymph nodes.

We know that using the Karin Herzog oxygen products stimulates the circulation and the antiseptic effect of the oxygen kills bacteria formed in the layers of the skin, but you can promote even quicker results by practicing a simple procedure that will enhance the result of Vita-A-Kombi and speed up lymph drainage.

Method
These Movements should be done with the fingertips.
1. Apply a small amount of cleanser to the face and neck area.
2. Using light circular movements massage behind the ears and work in a downward motion down the neck. This will help relieve tension and and allow clear drainage. [repeat]
3. Move hands to the forehead, placing them at the centre, apply light but firm pressure as you part the hands out towards the sides of the head. You are draining toxins to the lymph node situated by the temples. [repeat]
4. Move the hands to the jaw line - move the fingers around the jaw bone applying pressure underneath in a pinching action, working out from behind the chin towards the ear and hold. [repeat]
5. Place fingers on the area between the nose and the upper lip, and apply pressure here, again drain the toxins out towards the base of the ear and hold. Do not forget the corners of the mouth.
6. Move the fingers to the eye, to the bone area below. Place the fingertips firmly around the orbital bone pushing the toxins towards the temples.
7. Place the hands horizontally either side of the nose - apply pressure removing toxins from the nose and cheeks to the temples.
8. Finally, reward the face with a sweeping continuous stroking action over the entire area.
9. Soak the Karin Herzog Face Silk in hot* water. Apply to the face, press and leave.
10. Soak the Silk again in hot* water and sweep over the face.
11. Splash cold water over the entire area.
12. Wring out the silk completely
13. Blot the face dry with the silk
14. Continue with the oxygen program.
* If you are prone to broken capillaries please use only tepid water, as heat will aggravate the condition.

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/web/knowledge/pressure-wash.htm

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
p.s. the link for this thread is also here for quick reference:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=474344#474344
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Okay ladies I have been doing the facial massage from OxfordJasmine on YouTube followed by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h022_ZDnv0

this other video for acupressure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owl_CHqG2y0

I have been doing just before bed with carrier oils and if anything it is a great way to end the day.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |