Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The absolute best eyelash curler
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 3:36 am      Reply with quote
shiseido makes the best eyelash curler ever. I have tried no less than a dozen and always been frustrated that they could never grab all my lashes and also I did not like the way they curled.This one is the bomb.It makes my already long lashes really pop,its amazing.I dont even need mascara. The lady at the counter said they sell out of the curler every week.Its truly my most important beauty tool.Its also the most highly rated on makeupalley.com.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
yes, I vote for this one too!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried the Shu curler? I don't get the hype. It's expensive but to me, it's not good. How much is the shiseido one?
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 11:42 am      Reply with quote
DEFINITELY - without a doubt, the Shi rocks. I absolutely prefer it over the Shu.

Best makeup tool, ever.

Very Happy

Maria

5% products discount

Thu May 21, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
the Shu works best for me. I think it has something to do with the shape of your face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I have a Shu curler and I don't like it very much. I will try Shiseido later.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
This really is a great eye lash curler. Its one of my favorites.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. After I tried it in store, I bought it immediately! It's definitely better than Shu's.
gb00
5% products discount

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Shu and the Shiseido and the Shiseido was my fave until I tried Kevyn Aucoin's. The difference is significant. KA's fits the curve of my eye soo much better - it grabs more lashes, allows me to get closer to the lashline, and a gives an overall better lift. The crimping action also seems smoother than Shu and Shiseido's. And you can't beat that eye-catching red rubber Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
For me it is Kevyn Aucoin's as well, I think it depends somewhat on eye shape which fits all the lashes in! I have tried so many different brands and Kevyn Aucoin's works best on my lashes.

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
The only one I have found that "keeps" my lashes curled is a heated curler by Ardell. It took a bit of getting used to at first, but now I won't use anything else. Also, it doesn't make my lashes fall out like traditional curlers. Pretty inexpensive too at around $4.00 at drugstore.com.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I use the shu and I don't think it works that great. You listen to all the hype, you buy it and it's not what you expected. I think I'm going to try the Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler. Let's see how it goes, hopefully well.
frozenstrawberrypie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:41 am      Reply with quote
The wand type heated eyelash curlers (any brand) work best on me - although you have to be careful not to poke it into your eye! The heat really keeps my lashes curled and as I'm not pressing on my lashes with the conventional curler any more, there's been less lash breakage. I used to use the Shu Uemura curler until I found the heated wand curlers.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have Shu and Shiseido, Shiseido works well, but I prefer Shu.
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Shiseido because you can buy pad refills without having to purchase another curler.
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
i have been using sheshido makeup products for long, this is just something i can always trust! the eye shadows are also veyr nice
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Shiseido eyelash curler in the past and thought it was great too.

But now I use Anna Sui one. Smile It does the job very well and it's black. I love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
my favorite is the blinc heated eyelash curler. it gets really hot. the sephora heated curler was warm and didn't do anything. i must have gone through numerous batteries thinking it was the battery's fault. next time i'm at shiseido, i'll have give this one a whirl. sounds good.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
My sister uses the Shiseido one and loves it. I dont use an eyelash curl.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried an eyelash curler of any sort. Do you all have very straight eyelashes or are you looking to enhance curl more? This seems very interesting - I'd love to see before and afters (not that I expect to but I've never seen one even used, let alone see results).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
The shu uemura is my favorite and definitely makes my lashes look the longest. I wish they did sell refills, though. The Kevyn Aucoin sounds interesting - I may have to try that next.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
i want to try the kevin one i heard its one of the best
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I've never tried an eyelash curler of any sort. Do you all have very straight eyelashes or are you looking to enhance curl more? This seems very interesting - I'd love to see before and afters (not that I expect to but I've never seen one even used, let alone see results).

Not me Sis my lashes aren't straight and I have used mascara without curling and it's fine, using a curler just really makes my eyes pop
big time in comparison!
Just if you decide to try one get some one to show you first, and be careful it is easy to pinch that delicate skin until you get the knack!

HTH
DM Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
where can i find shiseido? i always use eyelash curlers and they never work on me. either my eyelashes just dont mesh well with curlers, or something cause it never works.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
You can check

http://www.sephora.com

HTH
DM

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |