Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

You Look In the Mirror And What Scares You?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
CocoaErmine

Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I look in the mirror and I see my 26 year old face and wonder how it's gonna be at 36 and that scares me. Thankfully I take great care of my skin so it doesn't worry me as much. In particular I worry about the very fine lines around my mouth and in the corners of my eyes. You can't really see them now, but I wonder how they will be 10 years from now. So any one else have a body phobia?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I try not to look in mirror. at 42 my Whole face scares me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing - you're funny!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Do you know what scares me? When I wake up from a hard nite of partying, drinking, and staying up late to my old tired, lifeless face. It must be a good reflection of how I will look 10 years from now and that frightens the heck out of me. Sigh, I just wish my mom knew to put sunblock on me from day one.

Now another thing is that when I look down, gravity has begun to take effects on something else. Sad
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
All my life people told me I look just like my mother and I laughed soooo hard, coz in my mind I looked nothing like her. Now when I look in the mirror, my mother's looking back - that's what's scary to me Shock

Anya
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
My entire eye area scares me. It's the only place I have wrinkles and loss of firmness. I'll probably get something "done" to them in a few years. I'm 44 now...maybe around 50 I'll splurge. I never thought looking older would affect me this way. I've always taken good care of my skin, but in the last few years I have really started grasping at any product that made promises.
Bonnie
5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a slave to my skin. It rules me. Sad

I have acne. Moderate and extremmmeeeely persistant.

It looks like I have perfect skin when I wear Jane Iredale powder so many don't even know about it, but it bothers me like crazy. Luckily I don't scar. Unfortunately I pick the bumps sometimes. But when the bumps flatten, covering them is easy.

I'm taking Accutane right now...starting week four. My skin has gotten about 3x worse than it's ever been. I'm optomistic that it'll get better.

Not that you guys want to know any of this! Laughing But, yeah...the point is that I look in the mirror and can't stand my skin....which sort of makes me hate my face. Sad
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:30 am      Reply with quote
The eyes!! I'm happy I don't look 30. Spots you can conceal, open pores you can cover over, fine lines round the eyes not a damn thing. Think I'll take to looking like a movie star and wear these Cool
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:34 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

I'm with you! I look in the mirror my whole damn body scares me! Shock

5% products discount

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Sighhhh...When I look in the mirror...I'm pretty happy so far with the aging process in comparison to friends in the same age group. The years of skin care have defn paid off.
The odd occasional pimple, but the wrinkles aren't too bad. A little less oil would be good to...but hey, things could be worse.

It's those rapidly multiplying grey hairs that
are distressing me Crying or Very sad !!! I just can't do the full color...I'm fighting it all the way!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
loopylori wrote:

I'm with you! I look in the mirror my whole damn body scares me! Shock

Laughing You two crack me up.

Just wait until you reach my age. My face is fine but take off the cloths and I even scare my dog.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Dont even get me started on boobs that point to the ground and look like balloons that are half deflated.
The belly that sits on top of jeans.
legs that the michellin man would be proud to call his own.
Well I really cant see my bottom in the mirror unless I crane my neck round 180 degrees and it aint a pretty sight.
on the positive side
I do have eyes(two of them)
my ears are ok
no grey hair
small hands that actually for some weird reason look would not look out of place on a 10 year old.
I also still just about, most of the time anyway have full control of my bladder
I cant say the same about my mind though
So I guess I should count my blessings

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:23 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Dont even get me started on boobs that point to the ground and look like balloons that are half deflated.
Well I really cant see my bottom in the mirror unless I crane my neck round 180 degrees and it aint a pretty sight.
on the positive side
my ears are ok
no grey hair
small hands that actually for some weird reason look would not look out of place on a 10 year old.
I also still just about, most of the time anyway have full control of my bladder

HAHAHAHHA rofl
I must be your twin!

Just wait, in a few more years we'll be discussing why sneezing when dying to go to the loo is not a good idea!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
loopylori wrote:
on the positive side
my ears are ok
no grey hair

HAHAHAHHA rofl
I must be your twin!

Just wait, in a few more years we'll be discussing why sneezing when dying to go to the loo is not a good idea!!!

Gucci
I am ready for that conversation now. Shhh
Also you have destroyed my illusions now, because the way I picture you in my mind was much more flattering than as my twin. rofl
You poor thing. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:42 am      Reply with quote
My husband creeping up on me from behind and say what the heck are you putting on your face now? Laughing
Caspers Mum

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

(singing to the tune of "Do Your Ears Hang Low?")

Do your boobs hang low,
Do they wobble to & fro?
Can you tie `em in a knot?
Can you time in a bow?
Can you throw `em over your shoulder,
Like a continental soldier?
Do yer boobs hang loooooooooow??

The answers to all of these questions, ladies, is "Yes!" Unfortunately-so. Kinda looks like a National Geographic special, if I do say so myself. Am considering mammoplasty, and am now not caring about scarring or the possibly of not being able to nurse children that I may have. I can't wear the bikini tops that I ought to be able to. Otherwise, I'd look like I'd have my own set of flotation-devices/water-wings. So there.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:24 am      Reply with quote
fear # 1: turning into mother Sad
fear # 2: dimple butt Crying or Very sad
fear # 3: shrinking/sagging boobs Mad

and i'm not even 30 yet... Embarassed
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:19 am      Reply with quote
vegas gal wrote:
My husband creeping up on me from behind and say what the heck are you putting on your face now? Laughing

I'm with you there! Whilst I do fight the ravages of age, I don't get down about getting wrinkled etc. I do all I can but I'm realistic enough to know that I can't turn back time. Any improvements are basically fleeting. I've never minded scars, stretchmarks or freckles and I'm beginning to think of wrinkles as hallmarks of my maturity.

I am hoping however that CP will keep my skin firmer for a bit longer! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
vegas gal wrote:

I'm with you there! Whilst I do fight the ravages of age, I don't get down about getting wrinkled etc. I do all I can but I'm realistic enough to know that I can't turn back time. Any improvements are basically fleeting. I've never minded scars, stretchmarks or freckles and I'm beginning to think of wrinkles as hallmarks of my maturity.
I am hoping however that CP will keep my skin firmer for a bit longer! Laughing

rofl
Maturity and Guapagirl linked together.I don't think so.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Where do I begin? I remember my mom saying to me "its funny but I don't feel as old as I am" and I used to think, yeah right Mom. Well, now, at the grand old age of ...ahem...55..I know what she meant. Most of the time, I feel like I'm around 32, which, in my opinion, is the perfect age. Then I look in the mirror....NAKED! Even though I am thin, haven't lost or gained more than a few pounds since I was 20, everything is different. Most things are lower and my skin everywhere is just changing. Shock Fortunately, my husband still thinks I'm beautiful...and sexy. But without makeup, without clothes, in the daylight, its a good thing I have a sense of humor. I'm working on the face (thank goodness for EDS), and I'm determined to stay sexy, I think its mostly attitude but great makeup and skincare help too. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Droopy everything scares that daylights out of me! The face, the eyes, the mouth, and heck even my pierced ear holes are heading south after years of loving to wear earrings....

Just last night I was at the gym, on the treadmill jogging, looking at my reflection. Those jiggling cheeks really bothered me - may be I should be doing yoga instead. At least all the firming skin care that I apply will not go to waste.....

No! I should not sigh - Onward march to the fight against ageing ladies - it is not the outcome that matters (which is inevitable) but that all of us go down fighting to the very end!!!! Laughing

Oops, sorry..I hope I didn't depress you Embarassed

Jenny
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:21 am      Reply with quote
well let me begin by stating I try very hard not to look anywhere below my neck in any mirror Laughing

I am 38 and my face is in pretty good condition, eyes are a bit of problem from years of squinting (combination of bad eyesight and blue eyes in the aussie sun) and wearing glasses (though I do have contacts and wearing more and more to stop those inner eye lines)

Anyway, I take good care of my face, so am not too worried about what the future will hold (unless I loose a ton of weight and all the wrinkles that may be dormant loose their fat plumper and appear overnight Shock )

But what TERRIFIES me is the family jowls. Not the turkey-like center of the neck ones, but in my dad's family the skin around the jaw line goes all saggy and jowly (if that is a word).. grandma had it, dad has it and I can see the first signs of it on my weak jawline. I am dedictaed to elasto-collagen, firming masks, slapping my face, anything to stop it. It is the ONE thing that would have me runnig to a surgeon. Embarassed
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
loopylori wrote:

(singing to the tune of "Do Your Ears Hang Low?")

Do your boobs hang low,
Do they wobble to & fro?
Can you tie `em in a knot?
Can you time in a bow?
Can you throw `em over your shoulder,
Like a continental soldier?
Do yer boobs hang loooooooooow??

The answers to all of these questions, ladies, is "Yes!" Unfortunately-so. Kinda looks like a National Geographic special, if I do say so myself. Am considering mammoplasty, and am now not caring about scarring or the possibly of not being able to nurse children that I may have. I can't wear the bikini tops that I ought to be able to. Otherwise, I'd look like I'd have my own set of flotation-devices/water-wings. So there.

Thanks for putting that song in my head. I keep singing it now and it wont go away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

Oh bugger off! I can be mature if I want! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
loopylori wrote:

Oh bugger off! I can be mature if I want! Laughing

rofl
So I see Wink

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |