Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hemp Oil saved my skin! *Long*
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Agree - thanks Miranda for checking on this. Hempseed oil is on my next purchase - along with Red palm. With my oily type skin I am sure Hemp will be wonderful - plan on using after retin-a. And maybe with the Tanaka massage. Jasminerosey are you massaging with a specific oil? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets,
i don't have a problem with breaking out....but i do have dry, sensitive skin (especially in the winter) so i massage with lots of layers or botanical oils/butters/eo's. Right now i'm using rosehip oil with eo's and tamanu oil with heliochrysum eo (both diy) with a layer of shea butter over it...it protects my skin from any 'roughness' from the massage...and the massage works the oils/butter so smoothly into my skin.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:23 am      Reply with quote
i use hempseed oil, usually w/o eo's at other times of the day...but not when i massage..since there are times i want eo's on my skin(like when i massage)..and times when i rather just have plain hempseed oil instead.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to figure out exactly where to fit in the hempseed oil into my daily regimen. I don't want it to decrease the absorbtion of my other products by applying it first. On the other hand, if I apply it last, the HS may not absorb as well. Any suggestions?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering, what is the difference between Hemp and Jojoba? I have used Jojoba for a few months and it did nothing for my blackheads at all, I am now using rosa mosqueta daily around the eyes and lips and every other night on the whole face but again no difference in the blackheads

Am using the Dr Kern light for cystic acne which ahs worked a treat - but the blackheads are not budging. I have also started using the L'Occitane 24hr cream as my skin gets very dry and dehydrated (nice combo!) and then the rose oil or rosa mosqueto at night with prolagene gel and essential balm,. plus Alpha-H liquid gold 3 times a week

The only thing that has ever worked is having them literally sucked out with crystal microderm but i cannot find a salon that doesnt use the diamond tip anymore
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:11 am      Reply with quote
manclass wrote:
Just wondering, what is the difference between Hemp and Jojoba? I have used Jojoba for a few months and it did nothing for my blackheads at all, I am now using rosa mosqueta daily around the eyes and lips and every other night on the whole face but again no difference in the blackheads

The only thing that has ever worked is having them literally sucked out with crystal microderm but i cannot find a salon that doesnt use the diamond tip anymore

I've haven't used Jojoba oil but from what I've read the key ingredient in a good quality HSO is linoleic acid which as Vonstella originally wrote, skin suffering from blackheads is usually lacking in this acid. Therefore applying it (or drinking it?) should balance the skin. Anyway from my experience I used to have to drag, squeeze and tweeze my whiteheads from my nose every few days. And now, I honestly can't remember the last time I did this - maybe a month ago?? More? Just looking at my nose now and there's probably just a couple of pores that need cleaning. This is a huge difference as previously my whiteheads were clearly visible to others even with makeup.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I'm trying to figure out exactly where to fit in the hempseed oil into my daily regimen. I don't want it to decrease the absorbtion of my other products by applying it first. On the other hand, if I apply it last, the HS may not absorb as well. Any suggestions?

Hi Tonia,
I've just seen your question:
This is my am protocol-
Drybrush skin
Apply HSO (if I have time I let it sit a while otherwise I then brush my teeth and let it absorb for a few minutes)
Vaculift
Spritz toner and wipe away oil and last night's stuff (the oil can also act as a cleanser)
Then apply usual morning topicals (vit c spray or CE ferulic or just moisturiser)

In this way, I believe there remains a slight HSO barrier (my toner is very mild and I don't think it gets rid of it all) and yet it doesn't seem to interfere with my other topicals (I can feel the vit c spray sting).
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Miranda, thank you for your response. I had been doing OCM, drybrushing, then applying topicals like HSO, Vitamin C serum, and sunscreen. After reading your post about HSO being good for blackheads, I went back and read this whole thread. Now, I'm going to make a new batch of OCM oil using HSO and castor oil. That will save me a step and will probably be much better than what I've been using. Thank you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Miranda, thank you for your response. I had been doing OCM, drybrushing, then applying topicals like HSO, Vitamin C serum, and sunscreen. After reading your post about HSO being good for blackheads, I went back and read this whole thread. Now, I'm going to make a new batch of OCM oil using HSO and castor oil. That will save me a step and will probably be much better than what I've been using. Thank you!

You must let me know how it goes with the HSO and caster oil mix! Although if the CO is such a good cleanser and you need to make sure you remove all traces of it from the skin after, you'll not get any day-long moisture from the HSO unless you apply some again after. But certainly as a cleansing tool, sounds like a top combination.
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I think I will give this a try soon because I have a major blackhead issue on my nose. The tret has helped, and so has OCM with jojoba oil, but not completely. I used to have blackheads on my nose and all surrounding areas, those have cleaned up though. Maybe this hemp oil will finish it off!

Thanks for the heads up Vonstella

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I started using hempseed oil and castor as my OCM mix two days ago and my skin is already much improved. The remaining clogged pores are starting to clear out. That is amazing to me considering the fact that I have been using OCM since August. This is definitely my best cleanser combo so far.

Miranda, I agree that I'm only getting the cleansing benefit from the OCM and not the moisture that I need. I started applying it at night two nights ago and I love the way it sinks into my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I started using hempseed oil and castor as my OCM mix two days ago and my skin is already much improved. The remaining clogged pores are starting to clear out. That is amazing to me considering the fact that I have been using OCM since August. This is definitely my best cleanser combo so far.

Miranda, I agree that I'm only getting the cleansing benefit from the OCM and not the moisture that I need. I started applying it at night two nights ago and I love the way it sinks into my skin.

Good idea Tonia to do the night application of HSO so you get some of the benefit of it's smoothing/soothing properties. I'm intrigued by your caster oil/hso combo - please let us know how it goes after a month or so.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:11 am      Reply with quote
i'm also going to try the hempseed oil with my ocm...i usually use a comob of jojoba and castor..but have developed some milia on one cheek lately that i've never had before.

murray28
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
After reading this thread, I ran out to Whole Foods and picked up some HSO. I used it with castor oil for my OCM last night, then applied a few drops and used my derma wand. This morning, I have to say: I woke up with the best looking skin that I've seen in a long, long time. Skin is perfectly moisturized, bumps are smaller, pores are smaller, even the paper cut I had on the corner of my mouth is smaller (A - don't ask, because yes, I am a klutz and B - this has not healed in DAYS, because every time I open my mouth it breaks open again) ... I cannot believe it. I think using the derma wand helped to really skin in the oil too. I hope this combination works for me in the long run.

Thanks for all the great advice, ladies! (and gents!)
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:06 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Miranda, it will be really interesting to me to her what your brother-in-law has to say.

i've read ads on line where it is said that glass bottles of nutiva hemp oil suggest using the oil (for consumption) between 8-12 weeks..so am wondering if there is a difference in what material it is packaged in... which has also peaked my interst...and...even though I know these unrefined food grade oils are generally packed in opaque plastic, or tinted glass bottles to avoid oxidation... and are packed with nitrogen to further stop oxidation of the product, for me, (although, my dh thinks this insignificant) i still am just as interested/concerned about when the oil was originally pressed and packaged, in terms of how much life force it hs left when i purchase it, as to how long it lasts after opening the bottle. (if it feels appropriate to you, i would also love to know what your brother-in-law may have to say about thse factors as well.

I've just returned from Italy and spoke to my brother-in-law about oil nutrients and degradation. His expertise is olive oil but the info can be applied to other forms of oil.

*He said that extra-virgin oil will be lower in acidity than virgin oil. And the lower the acidity, the longer the oil will last before becoming rancid.
*The nutrients in an oil will begin to deteriorate from day one of the oil being produced.
*An oil lasts longer (before oxidizing) if bottled in dark glass and kept in cool dark place.
*A good quality low acidity olive oil bottled in dark glass and kept in cool dark place will keep for up to 2 years. My b-in-law's oil does but he puts a 'best before' date of 18 months on it. The best before date is an indication date of when it will start to go rancid.

So to summarize, what you need to look for in an oil is low acidity, freshness (look for bottled date) and dark glass. It should be kept in a cupboard or fridge if stated. It's probably best to buy small bottles and replace often to get full value of the nutrients.

I also found this snippet on the subject of cold-pressed. Be wary US folk.

The term “cold pressed oil” is subject to different regulations, depending on the part of the world in which it is made. In the European Union, for example, oil which is labeled as cold pressed must be produced in an environment which never exceeds a certain temperature. The temperature varies, depending on the oil, but is generally around 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27 degrees Celsius). In the United States, oil labeling is not regulated, so “cold pressed oil” may not actually be cold pressed oil at all. Consumers will need to smell, taste, and see the oil to determine whether or not it is truly cold pressed.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-cold-pressed-oil.htm
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
That is very helpful information, Miranda. I have never heard most of that before. I have never been able to tell a difference in cold pressed and regular. That might be because I'm a US gal. What is the difference in appearance, smell, and taste? Is that something that can be described?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
That is very helpful information, Miranda. I have never heard most of that before. I have never been able to tell a difference in cold pressed and regular. That might be because I'm a US gal. What is the difference in appearance, smell, and taste? Is that something that can be described?

umm.... right. I'll be going back to Italy at Easter to ask these questions Laughing I should have thought of these.

Have to say though, I think it's a disgrace that the US is allowing companies to label oil as cold-pressed if it isn't. I know how stringent the regulations are for my bro-in-law to have cold-pressed written on his label.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Tonia wrote:

umm.... right. I'll be going back to Italy at Easter to ask these questions Laughing I should have thought of these.

Have to say though, I think it's a disgrace that the US is allowing companies to label oil as cold-pressed if it isn't. I know how stringent the regulations are for my bro-in-law to have cold-pressed written on his label.

Hi Miranda,

Didn't you say you purchased the Nutiva Hemp Oil? Nutiva sells Hemp and Coconut oil here in the United States. Wouldn't the oil be the same here as it is there? I'm just saying for those who want to make sure their oil is cold pressed could purchase through Nutiva. I use both Nutiva Hemp and Coconut oil but I'm not an expert. Smile

Oh yeah I just wanted to say that I heard about hemp being good for Acne pron skin through this lady.

http://www.youtube.com/user/highonhealth#p/search/0/MshKpNIfvVQ

She has a website called highonhealth.org

Boy I'm a dork I now see that vonstella (sorry) started this thread. LOL anyways my point was if your from the United States you may want to stick with Nutiva brand because it states that it's cold pressed and USDA certified.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:51 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

Hi Miranda,
Didn't you say you purchased the Nutiva Hemp Oil?

The brand I buy is called Pukka. It's a European brand so not sure if you'll get it over the pond but it is guaranteed cold-pressed.

Next time I'm out, I'll keep a look out for the Nutiva brand and see if they mark it as cold-pressed here, then you'll know for sure.
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hello! Just wondering if there are any follow-ups to how OCM with hemp oil and castor oil is working for everyone.

I've been using it a few nights. I can't say it's better than using store-bought (high end) cleansers, but so far it's no worse. Rolling Eyes

So, even if its only effect is saving me money, well, I'll sure take that!!

Best,

Pluto
clustersof3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I switched to hemp oil from evoo after reading this thread and I'm loving the results. Now I'm using hemp/grapeseed/castor oil blend and I also a bit of hemp oil with my moisturizer.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I switched from evoo to hemp and I like the hemp seed oil better too. My pores have gotten smaller since I switched and I have less clogged pores.

I started applying the HSO at night too and my skin has a much better glow now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
So far my skin has improved. But I've also been using tretinoin since Jan 2 so hard to say really. The texture is definitely better. The tret+winter was making my once oily skin very dry. Now it looks normal. I think this is the HSO at play. My BF started using it and complimented that he feels a difference in his skin and plus, when it gets in his mouth, it's delicious! He isn't on tretinoin. He doesn't notice stuff like pores, he just knows it's softer and the dry patches are gone. I'm watching his pores, they look the same (but they weren't large to begin with).

Now this I need help with. I bought Castor Oil yesterday. I first used that on my face for a few minutes, then I squirted HSO in my hand and used that. My skin looks moisturized and lively today. Hopefully the last 1/4 of my blackheads work their way out. Should I combine the 2 oils in their own jar or is the way I did it acceptable?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
SandraD, those of us using castor oil with the hempseed oil are using it as a way of cleansing our skin. It's called OCM which stands for oil cleansing method. Here are two links that will tell you all about it.

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=7077

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
haha, yeah, it is long, thanks for sharing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |