Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Hemp Oil saved my skin! *Long*
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rhianna

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello there,

this is a truly 'amazing' post!
I have also recently been using PUKKA hemp seed oil, externely and consuming internely. I suffer 'badly' with Eczema on the face and body, it is not very pleasant! Sad but after taking hemp seed oil and applying it 'neat' onto my face, i discovered the redness and dryness on my eyelids (due to Eczema) had reduced rapidly! Unfortunetly, my face is in a rather 'bad state' at the moment so im hoping that the hemp seed oil will calm it a little!.. I also would like to reccomend "Barefoot SOS Face&Body Rescue Cream" for Eczema sufferers like myself. It contains all natural ingredients and can be purchased from any natural health store. Thank You and I look forward to hearing some more posts Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Rhianna wrote:
Hello there,

this is a truly 'amazing' post!
I have also recently been using PUKKA hemp seed oil, externely and consuming internely. I suffer 'badly' with Eczema on the face and body, it is not very pleasant! Sad but after taking hemp seed oil and applying it 'neat' onto my face, i discovered the redness and dryness on my eyelids (due to Eczema) had reduced rapidly! Unfortunetly, my face is in a rather 'bad state' at the moment so im hoping that the hemp seed oil will calm it a little!.. I also would like to reccomend "Barefoot SOS Face&Body Rescue Cream" for Eczema sufferers like myself. It contains all natural ingredients and can be purchased from any natural health store. Thank You and I look forward to hearing some more posts Smile

Hi! Thanks for the tip on the Barefoot cream, it contains several ingredients my sensitive skin loves (esp. squalane) so I will try it. Cool I am currently loving Weleda baby calendula face cream which is has a very short ingredients list, is all natural and super gentle.

Try these scientifically proven remedies for atopic eczema or contact dermatitis:
1. eliminate all sulphate surfactants from your skincare - check face washes, aqueous cream, shower gel, shampoo, hand wash, fabric detergent and dish soap. Even a very dilute solution can irritate: it took me years to realise my elbow eczema patch was aggravated by shampoo running down my arm ...

2. Ensure you have sufficient long chain omega-3s in your diet (DHA & EPA from oily fish or marine algae) as these have powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Whilst diet healthy, seed oils contain primarily inflammatory omega-6s and short chain omega-3s which have a poor 10% conversion rate to the useable long forms. I need 2g per day of EPA & DHA, and notice a difference within a few weeks.

3. Remove all sugars/ syrups and white/ refined carbohydrates from your diet as these are highly inflammatory. Other inflammatory foods include larger portions of meat, saturated (animal) and trans (hydrogenated) fats, vegetable and seed oils high in omega-6s.

Often using an oil or plant butter on eczematous skin will give relief but this is as likely to be due to using it instead of an irritant product OR it acting as a barrier, as it is to be a mystical property of the oil itself.

HTH!

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Great post, this is seriously the only thing that got me through the hell of Retin A when I first started. I shed all my skin like a sunburned snake when I first started it, it was disgusting. Hemp oil was the only thing hydrating enough. Actually I think this post was the thing that prompted me to go run out an buy it. Thanks!!!! Smile

Tue May 07, 2013 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hello!

Very Happy I am so pleased to hear that hemp oil solved your skin issues. I've suffered the same problem ever since elementary school. Now in my 20s and have gone through all kinds of acne solutions, I began losing hope. When I was vacationing in Fl, I stopped at a holistic health/head shop called Old City Remedies. The associates were all sooooo nice and very helpful. I told them about my acne problem and the lady had introduced me to Black Soap. Now you can probably get this stuff anywhere but DONT. Some companies may say it is natural/organic.... but read the first ingredients. African black soap generally contains natural ingredients, including the skin of plantains, honey, coconut oil and powder from cocoa pods. It is free of additives found in many soaps, such as animal products, artificial color, fragrance and preservatives.
IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST WASH.
I never really was a believer on natural products or things you can find in your kitchen! its amazing! my face has even felt or looked better. I wash my face with the black soap twice daily and apply hemp oil afterwards. It is the best combo and deff check it out! some things in the kitchen you can use like witch hazel or even cut up some lemon, squeeze the juice and use it for an astringent. Once a week, you can make a black head facial by using equal parts of honey and cinnamon, making a paste. Apply it to your face but it will burn for a couple minutes. If the burning sensation does not go away-- wash it off. Hope I helped Smile
CarolineP
5% products discount

Mon May 27, 2013 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just finished reading the entire thread. Sounds amazing. 

There are so many skin care oils out there and I find it a bit complicating to navigate through the options.   

This thread however is quiet inspiring! I will run to my health food store tonight and see if they carry cold pressed HSO.

thanks everyone!

5% products discount

Wed May 29, 2013 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
My store didn't have a lot of options. I got the Manitoba Harvest brand, Certified Organic Hemp Oil. The oil has a lovely grassy, nutty scent and is green colour.

Made a 50%/50% castor and hemp OCM mix. I have to say, it is rather nice and cleans the pores better than other oil mixes I used so far.

Also, I applied some HSO after cleansing, and it absorbed into the skin with a matte finish (as opposed to sitting on the top of skin with shiny, oily finish.. If that makes sense.) I feel like HSO applied to the skin after cleansing sort of 'melted' the sebum and allowed it to flow. I can see less of it trapped in the pores. Yay!

Still, too early to tell after only 2 days Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder how this would help my husband who has a blood cancer where his platelet count is really high and that makes him super itchy and drives him crazy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I have added about 6 drops of organic Hemp oil to my anti-aging organic serum the Bio identical hyaluronic serum and this has made my skin so clear and so plump up it is like a magical potion! I have been doing this for 2 months and I use this once a day on my skin. I have given this recipe to few of my friends and they are hooked too! The Hemp oil has to be organic like the serum I use. I have added the links to those two products.

Hemp Oil: https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/nutiva-hempseed-oil-24-fl-oz/yr-1007

Bio identical hyaluronic serum: https://imfabulouscosmetics.com/collections/serums/products/bio-identical-hyaluronic-protein-organic
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
That's great to know. I believe it contains a good level of GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) which might contribute to its effects on you.

Thanks for posting.

bigsmilebigdreams wrote:
I have added about 6 drops of organic Hemp oil to my anti-aging organic serum the Bio identical hyaluronic serum and this has made my skin so clear and so plump up it is like a magical potion! I have been doing this for 2 months and I use this once a day on my skin. I have given this recipe to few of my friends and they are hooked too! The Hemp oil has to be organic like the serum I use. I have added the links to those two products.

Hemp Oil: https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/nutiva-hempseed-oil-24-fl-oz/yr-1007

Bio identical hyaluronic serum: https://imfabulouscosmetics.com/collections/serums/products/bio-identical-hyaluronic-protein-organic
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |