Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hemp Oil saved my skin! *Long*
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Can't wait to hear about it! I'm so afraid it's would clog my pores, though. Confused

This is not a heavy, thick oil. Its very light and what I would consider a "dry" oil. My pores clog very easily but Hemp oil has the reverse effect for me, its been cleaning out all the sticky sebum I had and keeping me clear, clean and hydrated.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 9:11 am      Reply with quote
fab50 wrote:
got mine yesterday...boy, that was quick!...will update after i've been using it for awhile.

Awesome! That was fast! I would really like to hear your initial reaction to using it of you have the time to post! Where did you order from/what brand did you get?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Yes, please tell us. Thanks! Mars Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I ordered it from Garden of Wisdom along with some HA serums and a BHA. I tried the hemp Thurs. nite and I liked the consistency - it isn't thick. I used it about 30-40 min. after applying my Retin-A. I stayed shiny and a little oily but I think it's because I may have used too much. I didn't really care b/c I was just going to bed so it didn't matter. The next a.m. (yesterday) I mixed a drop w/my sunscreen and I liked that combo. Today I used only 2 drops and it was better. I'm still trying to figure out how much I need and whether or not to use it straight w/damp face and fingers, or mix w/a little HA. I don't know how I feel about it yet - no real opinion - don't love it yet but I don't dislike it either. I need to test it awhile and make sure I don't break out - at 51 I'm still very acne-prone - the complication with that right now is that I just started my period today so I may or may not get new blemishes from that. So it will be hard to determine what the culprit is: period or hemp?

I will keep you posted. I always like to try new things, in moderation of course! This was my first order from GoW and was pleased w/the customer service and speed of delivery. I've always heard good things about that company but have never actually ordered anything.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update! I really want to try this for my eczema. But I'm wondering if I can finish the whole bottle in 6-8 weeks.

Will freezing make it last longer?
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
One thing that's making me hesitate is the refrigeration issue ... all my "beauty use" would be in the upstairs bathroom, but the bottle would be in the downstairs refrigerator, and there's no room for an extra little fridge upstairs! I can see myself giving up on topical application, what with that inconvenience. How are the rest of you dealing with that issue?

hmm

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
^^I know what you mean about the refrigeration issue. Our master bedroom and bathroom is on the main floor with the kitchen and I still think it's an inconvenience to walk from the bathroom to the kitchen a.m. and p.m. when it's time to moisturize. Hmm...maybe it's more of a laziness issue...certainly wouldn't want to get any more exercise than I had to! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I can so relate to the logistics of the fridge to the b'room. I know if I don't see immediate positive results, I will tend to just leave it. Laughing Having said that, I just ordered hemp oil from iherb. So, fab50, you apply the oil over enlarged pores? I still have clogged pores even at my tender age. teehee.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Vonstella for posting this. Picked some up last weekend & have been using on my face & body all week - think it tastes good too!
I find it absorbs well, just as you describe.

Noticed I'm suddenly missing a couple of broken capillaries on the side of my nose. So as I've been using this after the shower on my legs - took a closer look at them & I *think* some of those superficial veins are less noticeable. Not 100% sure this is hemp seed oil related... but it's very nice.

Off topic, but ran across a youtube video about hemp oil curing cancer - not hempseed oil - which I've been using, but what was called hash oil back in my day. There's even a "big drug company" conspiracy component included - which immediately got my attention Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw

-ok333
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious, where are you getting yours?
NDA has regular and organic Hemp - organic goes for $27 CAD for 1Ltr....
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I got it at my neighborhood health food store/grocery - organic Nutiva brand, 8oz, $9 US. It was in their supplement/health/beauty section - refrigerated. Don't think I'd order online because of the refrigeration issue.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Try NDA - yours turns out to be about 45$/liter
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
ok333 wrote:

Noticed I'm suddenly missing a couple of broken capillaries on the side of my nose. So as I've been using this after the shower on my legs - took a closer look at them & I *think* some of those superficial veins are less noticeable. Not 100% sure this is hemp seed oil related... but it's very nice.

-ok333

Yeah, so...I don't think this is just you. I didn't want to post this because, like you, I wasn't 100% sure but, I noticed a spider vein that I had on my cheek is gone. Completely gone. I didn't want to start a frenzy but it has to be the hemp. I'm not even using anything else. Have a few around my that are kinda on the large side so I will be watching them now!

Fab50-In my personal experience I find that the Hemp oil absorbs best when applied to a wet or damp face uncut.

fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 5:54 am      Reply with quote
vonstella,
how many drops do you typically use for your face?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Any oil is best absorbed on a wet skin....
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
very interesting! I'm going to buy it too and definitely try it out on my spider veins as I have some. I also have some eczema, allthough it has already diminished thanks to other stuff I tried.
I'm also going to buy organic sunscreen with hemp oil in it (SPF 30). Cool
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
oh yes, I also read it helps with scars.
Anybody seen improvement in that regard?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 8:40 am      Reply with quote
fab50 wrote:
vonstella,
how many drops do you typically use for your face?

Not sure what you call it but my bottle has that little plastic circle that looks like a well...cat's butt. Laughing So when I squeeze the bottle I do it very lightly, enough pressure to get about 4-5 drops I guess. Then I apply it to my wet/damp face in a upward motion, massaging it in as I go. (I make sure to tap it all around my eyes too, I have issues with chicken skin/milia? on the inner and lower portion of my eye but not only has the Hemp oil not aggravated it but it has kept the area nicely moisturized and plump!) If I need more then I add a few more drops (if my face has dried by then I add a few drops of Thayers rose petal witch hazel or water to the mix) if I applied too much then after about 10-15 mins I just blot with a cotton towel to remove any excess.

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
oh yes, I also read it helps with scars.
Anybody seen improvement in that regard?

I have acne scars that it is definitely helping with, they are looking less angry everyday and some have disappeared completely (the older ones anyway). As for non-acne related scars I have a few old ones from facial piercings left over from my misspent youth. I have not noticed any change in them but they also went trough all layers of skin so I'm thinking that dermarolling or a plastic surgeon would have to fix those...we shall see though.

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
very interesting! I'm going to buy it too and definitely try it out on my spider veins as I have some. I also have some eczema, allthough it has already diminished thanks to other stuff I tried.

Kandy-

Would you be kind enough to post the link to this sunscreen?

Do let us know what you think if you get the Hemp oil!

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Kandy wrote:

Kandy-

Would you be kind enough to post the link to this sunscreen?

Do let us know what you think if you get the Hemp oil!

yes, here is one with SPF15
http://shop.azida.com/product.sc?categoryId=1&productId=12

and here with SPF15 or 30:
http://www.yaoh.co.uk/catalog/bodycare-suncare-c-21_32.html

and here a few more brands:
http://www.balmworks.com/burt/sunscreen.html

http://www.badgerbalm.com/p-372-spf-30-for-face-body.aspx

http://www.burnoutsun.com/

I would have to compare all the ingredients with each brand, because one I saw contained aluminium (which isn't good).
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking this stuff may be growing on me. I transferred some to a 1-oz. pump bottle that I keep in the fridge, then I froze the rest. The application is getting a little easier too. Keep your fingers crossed that nothing starts to rebel! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Vonstella and ok333- do you take the nutiva oil straight from the bottle or do you mix it up? What amount do you take internally? I saw you could mix it with Barley greens in one of the links.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Fab50-Will keep my fingers crossed for you! I really do hope you are happy with it!

Sister Sweets-I take about 10ml daily, with food. I take it strait from the bottle. I would suggest looking up how much to take per body weight, Im on the scrawny side and 10ml is all I can handle at one with out getting...er, issues.

lotusspecter
5% products discount

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I think I may give this a try. Someone recommended using borage oil on the skin for blackhead & excess sebum due to the GLA content. It absolutely worked great but I CANNOT STAND the smell, which also lingers for a good 24 hours, no matter how much you wash your face. I hope I'll have luck with the hemp oil.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |