Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hemp Oil saved my skin! *Long*
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Great to hear about hemp seed oil. I have some, too. Haven't used it much lately though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to this review, I have been using Nutiva Hemp Seed Oil on my face every morning AND evening for almost a month and have really found a great oil for my SUPER sensitive, cystic prone, congested skin. The oil by itself seems just a TINY bit too dry for healing areas, so in the morning, I started putting in a drop of Decleor's Ylang Ylang oil and mixing in my hand before applying and then in the evening, I'll mix Hemp/SKB & my newly acquired Marie Veronique Vitamin C brightening powder in my hand and apply. My skin is looking so much better and is less congested overall and I have had a lovely month of pretty calm skin which is rare for me!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
makeupfiend,
That is a little odd Hemp oil is usually great for very dry skin, I use both the oil and butter for dry cuticles elbows ect. But everybody's different!
I take it you are loving your new C powder, good to know!
Thanks for the review. Glad to hear you are enjoying nice calm skin! Hope it continues for you! Very Happy
all my best

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm still getting great results using my hempseed oil. I use Retin-a 0.1% once a week and haven't had the usual redness and flakes since using HSO. I use it every night and alittle in the morning (with my vaculift) before putting on my usual moisturiser - which I now use a lot less of. My makeup sits wonderfully on my skin as the oil isn't too slick and I haven't had my usual hormonal spots either.
I also use it on my neck, chest, legs, hair ends.....and drink the stuff!!
I'm about to go on holiday for one week and wont be taking the oil (use avocado) so it will be interesting to see what happens.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your sharing, I've been interested in this for a while. After reading your post, I think I will try this.
luverly
5% products discount

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I am so glad I found this thread!!

Bought some hemp oil Friday night after work and tried OCM with half castor/half hemp that night. I have only tried OCM a couple of times and don't really care for it, but I *want* to like it, so I try occasionally. Rubbed some hemp oil into my damp skin before bed, and I now know what people meant by velvet skin!! Two days into it now, with my routine being morning and night wash with SkinActives' Salicylic Wash, one deep exfoliation this morning with Exfolikate (double velvet afterward), and hemp oil as my moisturizer. My pores are clearer, my skin is so soft, and I have not gotten the least bit oily during the day. This morning, I skipped makeup and was amazed by how even-toned I was earlier when I passed a mirror.

My only issue: little bit smelly, although I find it more nutty than grassy.

Looking forward to ongoing improvements. Thanks so much for the information!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I tried this several months ago but developed an allergic reaction so I stopped immediately only after a few days of trying. Maybe it was a fluke Rolling Eyes After reading all these wonderful reviews, I think I'll give it another go.. Smile

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
eireann
5% products discount

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if it helps with Rosacea? I'm currently going through a terrible outbreak and need help ASAP.

Thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:07 am      Reply with quote
another interesting stuff. it s been a very short time since i first came cross EDS, but have found so many helpful reviews. I will put it into my waiting list.... one more Smile
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:15 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
I'm still getting great results using my hempseed oil. I use Retin-a 0.1% once a week and haven't had the usual redness and flakes since using HSO.

My neck is very irritated from Retin A. I saw this thread last weekend and I ordered hemp oil because some broken caps on the sides of my nose. Oil was purchased to me yesterday to my office, and I decide to try it. I put a little on my neck and chin over my make up and I was very pleasantly surprised - peeled skin seems to be disappeared Neutral I don't know how - when flaked skin is on surface moisturiser can't help - I try it and it looks even worse.
I put some hemp oil yesterday on Retin A, and this morning on C serum - and my skin is just fine - skin on neck is just much much better - no trace of any flaking, just a little redness.

I hope it will work with my broken capps as good as with this issue.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:05 am      Reply with quote
hi, girls, i just got my hemp oil and cannot wait to try it, and,,,,it is such a magic. i am under obagi regimen, flakes, redness, and driness are always with me thess days. but, but, you know what, the flakies are gone and, my face is so much moisturized. i once used argan oil to sooth the flakies and driness, it works well but i should say, it is not as mointrizing as hemp oil. Thank you so much for this recommendation, it saves me too
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:15 am      Reply with quote
janegd wrote:
hi, girls, i just got my hemp oil and cannot wait to try it, and,,,,it is such a magic. i am under obagi regimen, flakes, redness, and driness are always with me thess days. but, but, you know what, the flakies are gone and, my face is so much moisturized. i once used argan oil to sooth the flakies and driness, it works well but i should say, it is not as mointrizing as hemp oil. Thank you so much for this recommendation, it saves me too

I was really in trouble with my neck and decollete few days ago because of RA - but hemp oil helps instantly and I am now on nightly regime with RA. After slightly peeling with scrub in the morning I put some hemp oil, and than foundation, and my skin look perfect. Face and neck - great!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I've just started using the ocm and am loving the results so far. So glad I saw this thread about hemp oil and will definitely try this.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Hempseed Oil for a month and half now.... My skin looked so good this morning, I had to take a photo (no makeup or good lighting involved!).
I usually only notice when bad things occur but I couldn't help noticing the glow this morning.

HSO (and possibly the Vaculift) have changed my skin; I've never had texture this good. Just have to get rid or at least halt those dreaded N/L's now!!

BTW my skin started to look dull, flat and flaky back in Oct. whilst on hol, after one week without the HSO (used avocado oil instead).
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Really, your skin looks nice.
I am looking forward to see mine after few months uf using this oil. In fact my main issue now is how to deal with Retin A side effects - and this is really discovery to me.
In first days I used avocado oil also, which was always nice to my skin - but I had burned and itchy neck and it doesn't help. And now with this - I can't believe... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have skin that tends to be oily and have used Castor oil/jojaba blend and am likely to add the nutiva hemp seed to my next iherb order. You guys make it very tempting.
Vonstella are you out there? Would like to know your continuing thoughts on using this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've taken hemp oil before but never used it on my skin. The Body Shop had a whole line of hemp products at one time...I think the hemp hand cream was one of their best sellers.
I've just started using the OCM and will start adding some hemp oil, sounds like it will be good for combo/oily skin types.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Vonstella, I'm just wondering if you're finding the hemp oil is helping at all with any excema flare-ups?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Hi Vonstella, I'm just wondering if you're finding the hemp oil is helping at all with any excema flare-ups?

Not Vonstella but...
it's helped with my usual winter cheek eczema. I've been getting that for years... but this year, nothing.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Miranda that's helpful to know. I don't have excema but I can pass this info on to my daughter-in-law who has been having troublesome excema flare ups since having her baby and doesn't want to keep using a prescription cream.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I love this oil, its just so light and sinks in like a dream especially on my oily skin. It's definately the nicest oil I have used.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:45 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
I've been using Hempseed Oil for a month and half now.... My skin looked so good this morning, I had to take a photo (no makeup or good lighting involved!).
I usually only notice when bad things occur but I couldn't help noticing the glow this morning.

HSO (and possibly the Vaculift) have changed my skin; I've never had texture this good. Just have to get rid or at least halt those dreaded N/L's now!!

BTW my skin started to look dull, flat and flaky back in Oct. whilst on hol, after one week without the HSO (used avocado oil instead).

Miranda,
A big thanks for posting your picture, your skin does look amazing and that is an encouragement for the oil! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I've restarted using HSO now and what I've learned is that when I use it straight my skin gets all bumpy like an allergic reaction. Instead, I mix it 30/30/30 with jojoba oil and emu oil, with a little squalene and a squirt of SAS Antioxidant Booster. I use about 4-6 drops rubbed into the skin on top of an HA serum, and it works great at keeping me well hydrated in this winter weather. I keep this mixture in the fridge and decant into a 5 ml eye drop bottle which I keep in my bathroom and refill once a week. Sometimes for an extra boost I'll mix 10 drops or so into whatever moisturizing mask I'm using, other times I add it to face creams I'm trying to use up. Works great. HTH

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
4AZ
5% products discount

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Miranda,

Is this the HSO you are using? There are so many, but I think this might be it... Your skin and bone structure is Beautiful- Can't do much about the Bone Structure, but maybe the skin a tiny bit Smile

Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Hemp Oil

This is Miranda wrote:

[u]
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
4AZ wrote:
Hello Miranda,

Is this the HSO you are using? There are so many, but I think this might be it... Your skin and bone structure is Beautiful- Can't do much about the Bone Structure, but maybe the skin a tiny bit Smile

Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Hemp Oil

Hi 4AZ, it's very disconcerting to open the EDS email link and see my photo!

My oil is by Pukka.

I'll list the nutritional info so you can buy one that has similiar levels (there were several in the shop, this had the best levels).

All per 100ml.

omega 7 & 9 12.04g
alpha linoleic acid (omega 3) 18.04g
linoleic acid (omega 6) 55.4g

I'll just add, that I've been doing the Zogan (aka Tanaka) bone massage with the oil every morning and night. I never thought a massage could actually 'do' anything but this one is very strong.
It's here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=498939#498939

HTH!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |