Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eye area sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
socalgirl
5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have yet to find a good eye-area product with at least 15SPF sunscreen. No matter what I do, any cream with SFP that I put near my eyes seems to end up in them, stings and makes them water and get all red! Including my sunblock (Shiseido Extra Smooth) that I love, not every day but to many for me to want to keep putting it anywhere near my eyes.

I did a search here and there was one thread where Matsby recommended Murad Essential-C eye cream with SPF15, but at $49 CAD its a little pricey to try without knowing if it will slip & sting. Also I'm wondering has anyone tried Kiehl's "Ultra Protection Moisturizing Eye Gel with SPF 15"? http://www.kiehls.com/international/popup.aspx?IntImageURL=ultra.moist.eye.euro.gif is the label.

Something with no animal products and not tested on animals is a must, and from EDS would be great. Thanks for any suggestions!!
alycas
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the murad essential C last week and I also have very sensitive skin ,everything Ive used before this has made my eyes swell and sting. I LOVE the Murad C I have absolutely no stinging or irritation at all and I am sensitive to most products...hope this helps Karen
socalgirl
5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
thanks alycas that info helps... well, helps lean me towards trying the Murad if not my credit card balance!! Smile
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica make a great eye cream TOtal Care with SPF15
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Murad eye cream too and not only does it not slip and sting, I find that the smallest dab of it goes a very long way so that makes the price a little easier to take. See, I'll help you rationalize spending the $$. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using La Prairie Cellular Eye Moisturizer SPF 15 for awhile now during the daytime and I am really loving it. I wear contacts so it is important that an eye cream doesn't sting or travel, but I need it to be moisturizing as well because I have such a dry eye area. I use CellularSkinRX Eye Bright under it (which is great for puffiness by the way). Unfortunately the La Prairie is $125 for 15ml/0.5 oz. It's the only thing I've ever tried from this line. I've tried other eye creams with SPF but I keep going back to this one. Here's what La Prairie has to say about it:

This advanced eye enhancer uses smart technology to accurately target the first signs of premature skin aging. Glycerin, delivered via micro-sponge technology, partners with a moisture complex for long lasting, line smoothing hydration. Vitamin K brightens the under eye area. Environmental protection is provided through a combination of anti-oxidant liposomes containing Vitamins C and E, Coenzyme Q10 and Grape Seed Extract. A dispersion delivery system provides gentle and effective sunscreen protection. Free of surfactants and emulifiers, which can contirbute to irritation, Cellular Eye Moisturizer SPF 15 offers a smart blend of anti-aging skincare that delivers targeted ingredients precisely where skin needs it.

Hope this helps!

-Cheri
socalgirl
5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
yes Cheri, that helps... it makes the Murad seem cheap in comparison!! Laughing really thanks everyone for the input. I was thinking if trying the Eye Bright too, since you can order the samples I have the Relaxaline and Vit C samples from them, but have to wait till my Avon Decrease and Orlane trial is done to try them fully. But none of those do well near my eyes so... they should have an emoticon with dollar signs spinning around her head for spending on skin care!!
Mabsy

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I would really recommend the Murad Essential C. You can get samples of this (this is how I originally tried it - it was an innocent little sample with one of my EDS orders Smile) to see if it suits you. So far it has been the best SPF eye cream that I have used.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:45 am      Reply with quote
socalgirl wrote:
yes Cheri, that helps... it makes the Murad seem cheap in comparison!! Laughing really thanks everyone for the input. I was thinking if trying the Eye Bright too, since you can order the samples I have the Relaxaline and Vit C samples from them, but have to wait till my Avon Decrease and Orlane trial is done to try them fully. But none of those do well near my eyes so... they should have an emoticon with dollar signs spinning around her head for spending on skin care!!

Well then glad I could help...heheh. After I used up all my outrageously expensive La Prairie I might just try the Murad too. But I will definitely be sticking with the eye bright underneath. Let us know what you choose!
socalgirl
5% products discount

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
So after the nice EDS reps emailed me back to say they just didn't have any samples of the Murad Essential C Eye SPF 15, I mangaged to get in and out of the Sephora store with minimal credit card damage (just a few little things... like City Lips!) and a tiny sample of the Murad.

I'm in heaven. It's a tiny packet - I almost thought it was empty, but there was enough in it to try it for a few applications. It's powdery soft after it goes on, I didn't expect that, and I even braved 'accidentally' wiping it over my closed eye, which usually will make my eyes water/get irritated. No bad reaction!

And, the immediate results are really astonishing. Really helped with the crepey look of my eye lids! So far I like this the best of any eye cream I've tried!

Thank you to everyone who posted replies, its exactly as you said it would be. Very Happy The only downside is since my first post, the price went up on EDS to $52.00 USD!

(I'm editing this now since I discovered the edit feature... you'll see in my later posts that the full size DID make my eyes water, unless I was very careful with the application. Now instead I use my regular Murad Vit C spf 15 or their spf 30 but very carefully do not apply it too close to my eyes. It seems to soak in and not slide into my eyes like the full size. Maybe the sample was slightly less liquid?)
Evelyn
5% products discount

Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Socalgirl, Like everyone else, I think Murad's Essential C Eye SPF 15 is one of the best around. But a few times, my eyes teared profusely after I applied the eye cream, though it didn't sting in the painful way. Maybe I applied it to close to my eyes and some of the cream got in. Has anyone else gotten this reaction?
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
There is a few companies that make eye cream with spf. I have Clinique stop signs aging spf 15 and I like it. (active ingredient is zinc oxide)

Another suggestion is applying a physical/mineral sunscreen under the eye area. A few companies make them such as Roc, Avene, etc.
Look for mineral formulations only such as a combination of zinc oxide and/or titianium dioxide. It seems to be the chemical sunscreens (parsol 1789, etc) that cause stinging.
socalgirl
5% products discount

Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Evelyn, since I posted that I did purchase a full size, and have been using it daily for about a week. The odd thing is the full size is not as powdery smooth as the sample was, but I still do like it (its more like a regular cream).

The thing is now that I read that happened to you too, I'd have to modify my original enthusiasm to say yes, sometimes I think it does cause an eye to water - not sting, but definitely water enough so that I have to pat the corner with a tissue. I really wanted to blame it on something else, like dust in the wind, especially because I do like itand just bought it!!

It doesn't happen every time I use it though,like this morning was fine, and I haven't quite figured out if it's a slight difference in how I'm applying it when that happens, if maybe I had something else on my fingers (I have a bunch of samples that I've been trying) because it doesn't happen all the time, and I feel like I'm applying it the same way every day. <sigh> The quest for the perfect beauty regime continues!! Smile
Evelyn
5% products discount

Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Socalgirl, I've got a feeling the cream somehow "migrated" into our eyes when we applied it. The thing is, the times my eye was watering, it only happened to one eye. I recall a similar incident when using Estee Lauder's eye cream with SPF 15 (can't remember which one). So I'm pretty sure I put the cream too near my lower eyelids that it migrated into my eye. I have a tendency to pat the cream directly under the skin of my lower lids. Maybe that's why.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:50 am      Reply with quote
The Murad tinted sunscreen SPF15 is great! It is not oily and goes on easily on the skin. It even smells good! I just love it.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Dermalogica spf 15 eye cream and have repurchased several times. In the past I have used clinique, not to bad and recently I have purchased Clarins spf 30 eye cream, however am yet to try it as Im finishing up the Dermalogica
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend Murad's Essential C Eye SPF 15. It is the best that I have tried. Dermalogica made my skin to break out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:03 am      Reply with quote
I've used Clarins spf 30 eye cream a lot due to it's high factor. It doesn't sting. I've found now that I can use many physical sunscreens around the eye area without sting, it seems to be the chemical ones that have caused irritation.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I use an spf concealer around the eye area and that takes care of it. Some good ones are L'Oreal's Quik Stick, Maybelline, Cover Girl. All are good. If that doesn't appeal to you, than foundation with spf is great too!
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Believe it or not, I think Avon's Anew Rejuvenate 24 Hr. eye moisturizer is superb. It has SPF 25. I like all their anti-age face creams I have ever used. The newer lines have a very high rating, I believe.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:42 am      Reply with quote
TTD wrote:
I've used Clarins spf 30 eye cream a lot due to it's high factor. It doesn't sting. I've found now that I can use many physical sunscreens around the eye area without sting, it seems to be the chemical ones that have caused irritation.

This is a brilliant product - it never stings my eyes.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
TTD wrote:

This is a brilliant product - it never stings my eyes.

This is all good to know because I have one sitting in my draw, waiting until I finish off the Dermalogica. Question do you use this over the top on your eye cream? The Clarins rep said that it is recommended not to be layered with other eye products. I do plan to anyway but just wondering what either of your experiences have been
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I layer it. As far as I know it's not a moisturiser. Might want to recheck the packaging to see what it says but judging from the actual cream it is really just a straight sunscreen. I always put moisturiser on first, just give it some time to absorb, then put the sunscreen on top.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
TTD wrote:
Yes I layer it. As far as I know it's not a moisturiser. Might want to recheck the packaging to see what it says but judging from the actual cream it is really just a straight sunscreen. I always put moisturiser on first, just give it some time to absorb, then put the sunscreen on top.

Hey TTD
Yes this is exactly what I plan on doing when I use it but the Clarins rep did not advise I do this..only use it on its own without an eye cream. I am not following this advise though, and yes this is purely only a suncreen. I can not not moisturise are people crazy!
Thanks for the reply:)
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use Shisedo Sun Protection Eye Cream SPF 32. I have fine lines and very dry skin under my eyes and this eye cream is very rich so it helps me with the fine lines. And it lasts for the day. I find with some other eye cream, my skin under my eyes feels tight and pulling after half a day. Plus it has a high SPF.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |