Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Brand new product on the market - looking for insight
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareguru88

Fri May 22, 2009 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Guys,

First time here so I thought I would ask, has anyone used ITSY Skin Revive lotion? I know they have a cult-like following "offline" but they have just gone "online". I heard about them from a girlfriend in Asia who swears by the stuff. Anyway, just curios as to your experiences with them. The site looks good but the info is still limited (buyitsy dot com)

Thanks ahead of time!
Chris

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
skincareguru88 wrote:
Guys,

First time here so I thought I would ask, has anyone used ITSY Skin Revive lotion? I know they have a cult-like following "offline" but they have just gone "online". I heard about them from a girlfriend in Asia who swears by the stuff. Anyway, just curios as to your experiences with them. The site looks good but the info is still limited (buyitsy dot com)

Thanks ahead of time!
Chris

Chris, thanx for posting. What does your girlfriend like about it and what type skin does she have?
Which products does she like?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the details for this from their website, plus ingredients.

"ITSY Skin Revive & Repair™ lotion is a rich, ultra-moisturizing lotion that restores natural suppleness to severely dry skin and protects against the stress of frequent hand washing and exposure to water and shampoos.

This pH balanced, organic formula absorbs quickly by covering the skin with a protective barrier while delivering deep rehydrating moisture. Bisabolol, a rejuvenating plant-derived ingredient, helps reduce irritation while smoothing and soothing the skin.

Gentle and hypoallergenic, ITSY Skin Revive & Repair™ is free of fragrances, lanolin, and parabens that can sensitize or irritate skin. Frequent use will help protect against the effects of daily environmental damage.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Drakeol 35, Glyceryl Stearate, 1,2-propanediol, Octadecanol, Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Kathon CG-ICP
"
skincareguru88

Mon May 25, 2009 4:12 am      Reply with quote
From what I understand they have a huge following offline with veterinarians and groomers due to the hydration and protection qualities. I am going to pick up a bottle but I wanted to see if anyone here had tried it before.

I will let you know how it works for me!

Thanks ya'll
Chris

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I ordered Itsy hand repair, for my wife, in the travel size to try it out. A week later she was telling me to go online and purchase a bulk order for her and all her friends who say they absolutely love this "Amazing" hand cream. I will admit that I have softer hands as well after trying it myself.

Thanks,
Cason
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:24 am      Reply with quote
skincareguru88 wrote:
From what I understand they have a huge following offline with veterinarians and groomers due to the hydration and protection qualities.

Is this also for animals? Thanks

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Here are the details for this from their website, plus ingredients.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Drakeol 35, Glyceryl Stearate, 1,2-propanediol, Octadecanol, Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Kathon CG-ICP[/i]"

Here's what's behind the *fancy* names, including the dangerous preservative.. Shock (Please see the links below, and/or google it. Especially the *active ingredients in the preservative*)

- Drakeol 35 = Mineral Oil (You can google for the grade, I'm not quite sure)
- 1,2-propanediol = propylene glycol, alpha-propylene glycol (humectant, emulsifier)
- Octadecanol = Stearyl Alcohol (fatty alcohol which moisturizes + also an emulsifier)
- Dimethicone = Silicone/Polymer (gives a soft, velvety feel to skin and hair products, also emulsify's oil in water)
- Bisabolol = Derived from the chamomile plant. Has anti-bacterial + anti-inflammation properties.
- Kathon CG-ICP = Highly effective preservative used in household + industrial products.. Shock Here's a warning I found regarding it's use and sale;

***Restrictions of use: Kathon's CG/ICP active ingredients are 5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one and 2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one. Kathon Preservatives are intended for non-medical applications. They are available in North America only. Because of local/regional/national environmental regulations, sales of Kathon Preservative are restricted outside of North America. New customers are screened to make certain that the application is in compliance with environmental registrations in your country. Contact your local Supelco representative to find out which biocide is appropriate for your area and application.***

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/analytical-chromatography/analytical-reagents/biocides/kathon.html
http://www.rohmhaas.com/wcm/products/product_detail.page?product=1121471

Maybe John of NOTCH (our resident cosmetic chemist) will weigh in on this product.. To my novice eye it just looks like the little bit of good in there, could never outweigh the bad... Skeeeery Shock
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy - Maybe John will weigh in. sounds like we have some newcomers who are really liking it and are not aware of what ingredient lists tell us. that's why we have Kassy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A, you are "spot on" about calling out this product as really nothing special. In my opinion, this is a low budget lotion that really isn't designed to do anything except perhaps give a quick moisturization burst on use, and then nothing thereafter. The so-called "protective barrier" comes from the mineral oil and the dimethicone which just sits on top of the skin like an oil slick. Who wants that?

All of the ingredients are dirt cheap. To claim that this formula is "organic" is ludicrous. If customers are paying any more than about $1.00 per tube, they are being ripped off.

I like Bisabolol as a skin soother, but I can imagine that it is probably in this formula at 1% loading or less.

Kathon CG is an excellent preservative, but it is somewhat harsh. Loading levels are recommended at VERY low levels, like 0.01% or less, so if they have overloaded this preservative in the formula, either on purpose or by mistake, then this formula could be harsh on the skin.

I would not recommend this product for any reason. There are countless other skin lotion products out there that are so much better than this bone basic formula.

Thanks for pointing this out Kassy, and this is a fine reason why I always recommend reading the ingredients list BEFORE making any purchase.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
NOTCH wrote:
The so-called "protective barrier" comes from the mineral oil and the dimethicone which just sits on top of the skin like an oil slick. Who wants that?

I agree about mineral oil and dimethicone. It sits on top of my skin and clogs my pores.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |