Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

no!no! FaceTrainer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Have anyone looked at this facial exercise mask from no!no! yet?

Quote:
May 21, 2009 -- The FaceTrainer™ by no!no! brings a new spin on facial exercise and resistance training. Clinical studies have shown that 10 minutes a day through 30 days of use result in 71% reduction in sagging and 42% reduction in wrinkles. Radiancy, a leader in the medical device market and the inventor and marketer of the no!no™, the at-home professional results hair removal device (http://www.my-no-no.com) brings about the FaceTrainer™ by no!no! (http://www.my-no-no.com/facetrainer_about.asp) the newest in facial resistance training - encouraging a natural way to keep your face looking younger and wrinkle-free.

Facial exercising has been proven clinically for many years to help tone the underlying muscles of the face and neck, increase blood flow and reduce wrinkling and sagging. The FaceTrainer™ by no!no! adds patented technology to the process by turning the simple facial movements into resistance-training, flattening the skin (to protect from wrinkling) and speeding the process.

FaceTrainer™ by no!no! consumer testimonials: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l84F8LQeN0k

Running in line with the no!no! brand's philosophy of natural, professional skin care for everyone, the FaceTrainer™ by no!no! offers an at-home solution for younger, healthier looking skin. "Our no!no! family of products includes devices that deliver professional "in-clinic" results in the comfort, convenience and privacy of the users' home. We wanted to add something to the family that achieves a natural facelift effect, for aging and damaged skin," says Dr. Dolev Rafaeli, president and CEO of Radiancy. "The FaceTrainer™ by no!no! offers consumers a practical and economical alternative to invasive, often painful procedures."

The FaceTrainer™ is the only FDA registered product of its kind. In a recent clinical trial, male and female participants 30-67 years old tried the FaceTrainer™ for 60 days. They performed a 10-minute set of exercises once a day, including weekends.

The clinical results were substantial:source: FPR

71% reduction in sagging
42% reduction in fine lines and coarse wrinkling
100% of the participants felt they their skin tone and glow improved

Additional study, including 14 participants conducted by Dr. Monica Elman, a world renowned dermatologist has shown 85.7% improvement around the mouth and eye area.

Dr. Patrick Gentempo D.C., CEO of the Chiropractic Leadership Alliance conducted a study with 23 participants to measure facial muscle activity with and without the FaceTrainer™. The study results show increased muscle activity by 55%-93%.

Say Yes and Tone Facial Muscles with the FaceTrainer by no!no!
FaceTrainer™ will initially be launched exclusively through the Home Shopping Network (HSN) and will be available online through HSN.com andwww.my-no-no.com. FaceTrainer™ will retail for $200

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200905/1242890375.html

It certainly looks a little scary! Notice that there is also a neck component.

http://www.my-no-no.com/facetrainer_about.asp

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a review by Marta at TIA...the interesting thing that she mentioned is this:

Quote:
FaceTrainer is basically a two hundred dollar ski mask (or think balaclava helmet, if you are English). When I first saw it, I assumed that you had to plug it in, or that it came with batteries. You see, if I was going to put this ridiculous thing over my head - having forked out $199 no less - I’d think it only reasonable that it does all the work. It would send, I mused, little electric pulses to my cheek muscles whilst I do the ironing or read The New Yorker. But no (No!). You still have to physically distort your facial muscles, in other words perform some form of Facercise.

http://www.truthinaging.com/2009/05/dept-of-daft-nono-facetrainer.html

If it is NOT going to do the work for me, why not stick to Ageless or FlexEffect for less money?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
She also mentioned that you have to replace it every 4-6 months! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 7:25 am      Reply with quote
My guess is the mask is weighted to provide resistance when you train.
Toby

5% products discount

Sun May 31, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Is this just a really tight mask that takes the place of using your own finger placement to provide resistence during facial exercise? For those of you doing face exercises -- in theory would there be a benefit to using this over using fingers?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Face4ward wrote:
Is this just a really tight mask that takes the place of using your own finger placement to provide resistence during facial exercise? For those of you doing face exercises -- in theory would there be a benefit to using this over using fingers?

I personally doubt that the resistance can equal what you provide with your fingers.

Plus the cost is just INSANE when you factor in that you need to replace it every 4-6 months, and then compare that to Ageless for $20.

I am going to spend my $$$ on a Safetox instead for my forehead and 11's (for which facial exercise has not done a ton for me), and stick to Ageless for the rest of my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
They sold over 1,000 on HSN today. Got the tail end of the afternoon show. I hope someone posts a review although you only have 30 days to return it for a refund and that is not enough time to know if any product works. I don't believe this item will ever be on my wish list.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
They sold over 1,000 on HSN today. Got the tail end of the afternoon show. I hope someone posts a review although you only have 30 days to return it for a refund and that is not enough time to know if any product works. I don't believe this item will ever be on my wish list.

That is NUTS!! You gotta love HSN....I wonder what the return rate will be.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
How does it run? By battery?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
KayS wrote:
How does it run? By battery?

It doesn't DO anything, other than providing resistance for the muscles. See the basic training video here.

http://www.my-no-no.com/facetrainer_videos.asp

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Susan 77 wrote:
You don't have to buy a new one every 4-6 months, and if you do – it means you are using the mask.

Well, the point of buying it IS to use it, right? That's great that you have found a solution that works for you...how long have you been using it?

For everyone that doesn't have the manual for reference, this is from the FaceTrainer website:

Quote:
Keep track of the total months you have used your FaceTrainerTM. Replace after every 4-6 months of use, depending on its condition.

http://www.my-no-no.com/facetrainer_tips.asp

While some may last longer than others depending on usage frequency, the manufacturer clearly anticipates a lifespan of 4-6 months.

So based on that and a price of $199, you are looking at an annual cost of $400 to $600. The resistance is also limited to that which is provided only by the mask (vs. other methods that provide variable resistance like your hands).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Quote:
Keep track of the total months you have used your FaceTrainerTM. Replace after every 4-6 months of use, depending on its condition.

http://www.my-no-no.com/facetrainer_tips.asp

While some may last longer than others depending on usage frequency, the manufacturer clearly anticipates a lifespan of 4-6 months.

I was thinking about this a bit further, and I am willing to bet that the resistance of the mask decreases over time as it is used/handled/stretched. That may be a factor in why they want you to specifically track the months used.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
There are a few similar models in Japan, the cost is from USD40-50. One model is designed by a Japanese actress, which is to use it during your sleep time.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |