Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Diff. products at same time on diff. parts of face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
craftwhack
5% products discount

Mon May 25, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this has been discussed, because it's hard to search for....but I was wondering if people use different products at the same time, targeting different areas on their face? For example, I know using vitamin C and Retin-A together can be potentially too irritating, so maybe it would be feasible to put the Retin-A around the eyes and Vitamin C every where else? Or would the products migrate together anyway?

I think I'm suffering from wanting to slap everything on my face that I read about.... Anxious

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 25, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Vit C is usually used in the morning, while retin a at night.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Yes a lot of times I just use Taz around the t-zone as it's too drying on the rest of my face. Everywhere else I'll use something else like an antioxidant serum or growth factors, depending on my mood... I haven't had any problems so far. HTH

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 4:46 am      Reply with quote
craftwhack wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been discussed, because it's hard to search for....but I was wondering if people use different products at the same time, targeting different areas on their face? For example, I know using vitamin C and Retin-A together can be potentially too irritating, so maybe it would be feasible to put the Retin-A around the eyes and Vitamin C every where else? Or would the products migrate together anyway?

I think I'm suffering from wanting to slap everything on my face that I read about.... Anxious

After literally FILLING my bathroom cabinets with creams, serums, and other potions, I have come to these conclusions:

a. I need to be careful with my skin! Actives are great, but many do irritate the skin. A skin that is constantly irritated with actually age faster. When your skin is irritated, the whole inflammation cascade starts. As part of the process, lots of free-radicals are produced, which in turn "aid" the aging process.
So this is why... more does not necessarily mean better.
I used to for e.g. exfoliate a lot, use all kinds of creams and after I cut back... my skin actually improved.

b. I made a "plan" of what things I wanted to achieve. In my case I wanted to fight wrinkles, brown spots and broken capillaries.

So I just did research on what are the best actives to fight those things and just stuck with them.

For e.g. I use Retin-A. There's nothing in the market (except for Tazorac) that compares to Retin-A for collagen stimulation. So instead of worrying (obsessing!) that I don't have the latest anti-wrinkle cream I saw on the news, I just remind myself that I'm using a great active Smile

c. I went the DIY route (I'm a newbie though!)
OK so sometimes I can't fight my obsession enough and start thinking... "oh... but if only I could use a little bit of nicotinamide on my skin... "
So instead of buying 10 creams with 10 different principles for fighting wrinkles or sagging, I just buy ONE good cream and then add the rest.
For e.g. I recently added Q10 and nicotinamide to my day cream Smile

Finally, yes, you can put different things in different parts of your skin... it won't migrate much. However make sure there is a sound rationale behind doing it.
In the case of Vitamin C and Retin-A, the best way of applying them, as a previous poster said, is to put Vitamin C in the morning (since Vitamin C has photoprotective effects) and Retin-A at night.

I mix 2 things:
a. I put retin-A 0.05% gel on my oily T-zone, Retin-A cream 0.025% around my eyes and 0.05% cream on the rest of my face

b. I put a stronger concentration of glycolic acid on my T-zone than in the rest of my face.

It works for me.

Sorry for the long post!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |