Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

"The Gosselins" and all the issues they bring up
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Let's see who watches the show at all. Just say "I do" and what you think about it. OR you can still not be an avid follower of the show and have an opinion on it.

I only started watching it this last weekend becuase of the marathon before the new season premier. And that is because of the publicity recently with the problems they have.

they have real fans who believe that it is a real show with their real lives and there are those who know the obvious. It is played up for ratings and nothing like their real and pampered life.

There are blogs where viewers can state their real opinions because evidently the show's website with Kate's fake blog, does not allow for any, I mean any negative posts.

Here is one started by the sister of "Aunt Jodi" who was ousted from the show (by Kate)because she was trying to interfere by complaining to the producers her concerns for the welfare of the children. This sister is trying to bring awareness to children exploited in the entertainment business and how reality shows are not protecting them since there are no "scripts" the child labor laws do not apply to them. (THAT is also something I would like to talk about here) Start at the beginning and you get to know a lot about this family and the real Kate:
http://truthbreedshatred.blogspot.com/

and you have Gosselins without Pity:
http://gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com/

Seriously there is nowhere else to voice your opinion as a viewer of the show. The sites board has nothing but 100% positive posts. weird huh?

There are all kinds of issues that this family brings on.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I do have to put this article in that was written after this last season premier episode:

They (Gosselins) both resent the heightened presence of the paparazzi, yet both refuse to acknowledge that they signed the death warrant on their privacy when they invited TLC into their home.

The scene in which Kate Gosselin shleps her eight kids to the party store is a prime example of this disconnect: As she pulls her monster van into a parking space, she tells the kids to unbuckle quickly "because the paparazzi is coming after us."

"What's papawazzi?" asks one of the boys.

"Shhh, don't say the word," she tells them.

In a voiceover, we hear her explain that she tells the kids to call the paparazzi "the P-people" because "I don't want them going to school being like, 'Well, the paparazzi is following us, like, that's so creepy.'"

What's creepy is having your children followed around by a camera crew. Any camera crew. Period. It's exploitation, whatever cutesy name you want to give it.

A few minutes later, Kate Gosselin again has the gall to pretend there's nothing special to see: "I don't know why we're so exciting," she says, suggesting that the paparazzi go follow some other mother. She's making a living -- a very nice living -- from writing books, taking speaking engagements, and appearing on a national television show about her very special family, but when it's inconvenient, or embarrassing, then it's suddenly surprising, or creepy.

Have we mentioned that the kids really are pretty cute?

Back to Jon and Kate: Kate Gosselin blames her husband's "erratic behavior" for some of their problems. She cites a statistic about parents of multiples having a divorce rate of three times the average, and says she's no longer sure they're going to beat the odds. After the couple threw a fifth birthday party for the sextuplets in the premiere episode, she tears up, saying, "This could be our last family picture."

Jon Gosselin, meanwhile, has the shell-shocked demeanor of someone suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. We tuned into TLC's "Jon & Kate Plus Eight" marathon, and quite frankly, we can see why.

Is a divorce in the works? Stay tuned. We're sure there will be an announcement in the season finale.

"What's creepy is having your children followed around by a camera crew. Any camera crew. Period. It's exploitation, whatever cutesy name you want to give it"

That said it perfectly! I can't believe they complain about not having any privacy anymore! WHAT IS THAT SHOW ALL ABOUT THEN??? What did they think they were doing? They deserve every bit of it.

But not the kids....
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I might take some heat for this, but I think the whole thing is a sad example of what happens when you sell your soul for money. My take on it is that John and Kate BOTH have gotten exaggerated ideas of how important they are, and they have been spending too much time thinking about themselves and not enough time thinking about their family. John swears up and down that he technically didn't cheat on Kate.... well, where I come from, it's inappropriate to go out drinking with a 23 year old girl when you're a married man with 8 kids, whether you are actually hooking up with her or not.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm in the camp that doesn't watch this show but I still have an opinion about it... Very Happy

In my opinion... these reality based TV shows are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to this level of "entertainment".... Whether you watch the Kim Kardashian show, the pathetic Ozzy Osbourne, Torrie Spelling or anyone else of this ilk .... it says just as much about those who watch this crap as well as those who provide it .... Yep, I think it's all total crap...

These shows cater to voyeurism, cheap thrills, and the false drama that inevitably happens when a camera follows you around 24/7. When we watch this and beef up the ratings, it only increases the demand for what now passes for entertainment. Don't we have better things to do with our time than live vicariously through others?

Do I feel sorry for the reality TV celebrities that sell their souls for $$ then whine they have no privacy? Absolutely not, they know what they're getting into. Unfortunately, however, the parents have the choice and the kids don't. So we have kids that are caught up in this ridiculous form of entertainment merely because of the stupidity and avarice of their parents. That's the true shame of it all. Mad And we, the audience, are the true enablers when we watch it.

Then we complain about how our society objectifies everyone and everything if the price is right. Sometimes I wonder if the current crop of reality TV shows is anywhere near the equivalent of gladiatorial combat in the Roman Empire before it collapsed.... a symbol of the decline of civilization when the pursuit of happiness is traded for brain rotting voyeurism...

/end rant

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I don't know why you would take heat. I can't imagine there is anyone out there still who really think this show is a legitimate and factual portrayal of the family.

This is from a family member of what is really going on:

When will the kids be the priority? I think she's forgetting that THEY are the reason she has all of these opportunities. Does she even consider the kids or is it really all about what Kate wants? She wants status, and the finer things in life. She loves the notoriety for being a mother of multiples, although she doesn't want to do any of the things that a "typical" mother does.

She has a personal ORGANIC chef who cooks her meals, she has a gardener and lawn service company, she has someone who cleans for her, people who iron, fold and put away her laundry, people who care for the children, and a personal assistant who runs her errands and whatever else she needs. Then she also has Jon around 24/7 to do everything else that she finds distasteful, such as play with the children, bathe them, and put them to bed.

I've read posts from people who actually call Kate their "hero". I've talked to people who say watching the show makes them feel inadequate. Being a mom of twins and sextuplets would be a piece of cake if you didn't have to do ANY of the things that being a mom entails. I cringe when I hear how so many people idolize her and think she's "supermom". Many people take the show at face value. They believe that the cameras are just following them around and giving them a glimpse into their every day life. That is not the case at all.

I'm not going to place the blame on Kate for the show, because the viewers should realize that it's TV, not reality. It's staged to provide entertainment. I've talked to people who didn't even consider the "behind the scenes" things that go on to make the show, and really believed that they just had cameras in their house capturing spontaneous moments.

I do blame Kate for deceiving the viewers during her speaking engagements and appearances on talk shows. I think it was when they did Ellen, and she asked Kate how much help she has and Kate said "15 hrs a week". I couldn't believe that was her answer!! What she was referring to was the "paid help" she was receiving at the time. She had someone who ran errands for her and helped with the kids, paid for by the show. She didn't acknowledge any of the unpaid help. I'm sure that was a slap in the face to both Jodi and Beth, who were standing right behind her--off camera. Why pretend like she's struggling and doing it all alone? Why not tell everyone how grateful she is to have so many good people in her life and how much she appreciates their help and support? Could it be that she wants all of the attention on her? She wants everyone to think she's "supermom"? Maybe if she acknowledges all of her help and perks from the show, the story she wants people to believe won't be so interesting after all.

We've now come to find out how much these people really did mean to Kate. No wonder she didn't acknowledge them. They were just providing a "service" that she needed at the time, and as soon as other opportunities were made available, she has slowly cut everyone else out of their lives. It's time to move on to bigger and better things. She doesn't need their help anymore because now everything imaginable is provided to them by the network.

Then a few months after Ellen, I watched them on Oprah. They ran a clip of their "life" and you heard Kate saying her day consisted of "making a meal, feeding a meal, and cleaning up a meal" (x's 3). Where does the personal ORGANIC chef come into that scenario? My parents have actually eaten some of the food prepared for them. They watched Jodi's kids when Jodi was traveling with Kate, and Kate brought up some of the "leftovers" since they were going to be away. Nine jumbo lump crab cakes, and all of sides to go along with it. I think it's great for her that she doesn't have to cook, but why pretend that's all she does all day? Why not talk about something else instead of deceiving the viewers?

It's very hard for me to understand how she can continue to dwell on how EXHAUSTING her life is when she has been blessed with 8 healthy children. She doesn't have to provide the physical care that many parents deal with when their children have birth defects or are born preterm with other problems. She has every luxury in life handed to her, and she doesn't have to deal with any of the struggles that "normal" parents are faced with. All of these opportunities are as a result of her children, yet she doesn't seem to even consider what's best for them in her plan, and all I hear is how they make her life so "crazy". That's a real shame!!

I mean the show is watching a very wealthy family entertain 8 children. I like the early special when she had to find a way to do this on a budget and get creative. They had shows on their SPECIAL time with each child. How creative is it to go to a touching museum, a train place, sesame place, and the countless other places that most of us cannot afford? I would have been impressed with activities that are under $30, not in the $100s like what they spent on each activity for the children in those episodes.

Or what fabulous appliances go where in their enormous house. YAWN....

The public is on to it and they won't tolerate this much longer if they are not honest.

Was it all worth it Jon and Kate? You'll "go to the ends of the earth" for your kids (what does that even mean to you Jon?)but even though it is obvious the show and all it brings is the cause of the collapse of your marriage and family, you won't remove that from your life.

I watched the premier last night as they did get me with that sneak peak. But I won't watch anymore. I really enjoyed the special they had when they were babies. A visit once a year would have been alright and only to a certain age is it even interesting. It WAS to show how a mom can still give 8 children the attention they all need as well as make the time she has during the day as constructive as possible. THAT could have been considered educational. But no more, not since she has an army of people helping her and a network paying for all the trips and unlimited activities. Unlimited in cost as well. Now it has become just too boring and I can't watch them doing this to their kids anymore.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Oh one more thing...I did not even mention the hair, her hair "style" if you can call it that.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have never watched this show so....well, 20 minutes last week on vacation flipping around Shock

I have several friends, including my mom, talking about how great it is and how great Kate is, etc. I never really understood the interest in it really, but I don't love kids all that much, I don't have much maternal instinct for some reason. Now that there is controversy though, I'm a little interested. Not enough to watch all the episodes cuz taking 8 kids on vacation doesn't interest me much, but I read about the issues they are having. I guess I have some sort of satisfaction now, like........."see I told you it was a stupid show"

In the few minutes I watched where they were on the couch, I was shocked by how much Kate seems to have changed from the early days when she had the twins and first had the others. She looks like a different person. I don't know whats going on with that hair.

Don't think I'm above watching reality TV though. I watched 2 seasons of Rock of Love and parts of the Real Housewives. There, that was embarrassing, but I said it.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
I have never watched this show so....well, 20 minutes last week on vacation flipping around Shock

I have several friends, including my mom, talking about how great it is and how great Kate is, etc. I never really understood the interest in it really, but I don't love kids all that much, I don't have much maternal instinct for some reason. Now that there is controversy though, I'm a little interested. Not enough to watch all the episodes cuz taking 8 kids on vacation doesn't interest me much, but I read about the issues they are having. I guess I have some sort of satisfaction now, like........."see I told you it was a stupid show"

In the few minutes I watched where they were on the couch, I was shocked by how much Kate seems to have changed from the early days when she had the twins and first had the others. She looks like a different person. I don't know whats going on with that hair.

Don't think I'm above watching reality TV though. I watched 2 seasons of Rock of Love and parts of the Real Housewives. There, that was embarrassing, but I said it.

Lori, you are hilarious--- I love Rock of Love too! I'm pretty much the same way--- I was never super interested in the show since I don't really like watching kids misbehave, throw tantrums, make a mess during toilet time, etc. (My husband loves kids, so he was actually more interested than I was, if you can believe it.) However, all the recent drama totally piqued my interest, LOL! Nothing gets my attention faster than a high profile relationship going sour! And no, I have NO idea what's going on with that hair. This season I noticed that the highlights almost look pink...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
It is going to turn into a counseling session for those two, you just wait. And these kids are going to have the demise of their parents' marriage on DVD! how nice....
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Don't you guys think this could all be a publicity stunt to promote the show and increase its ratings? How "convenient" that all of their marital woes are made public just prior to their season premier? And, lo and behold, over 10 million people watched the season opener as opposed to 4 million people who watched last year's season finale... Kate and Jon deserve an Academy Award for their acting abilities. I used to love TLC but it's really all about the money, isn't it? And, what a lucky woman Kate is: she even got a tummy tuck out of the deal!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I think it's important to recognize that all "reality" shows are highly scripted marketing machines from start to finish. The classic was that show a few years back where a bunch of silly women apparently thought they were vying for the hand (and bank account) of a chateaux-owning millionaire. In reality, he was a backhoe operator. At the end of the series, the guy admitted to the love interest that he had no money. She said she loved him anyway and the producers handed then a check for $1 million as an "engagement gift."

A few weeks later, the male star broke with contract and let the world know that the whole show was a set-up and everything was scripted with the actors reading teleprompters and recording kissing sounds in a studio. Watch this season's Bachelorette and you'll see the actors' eyes flickering as they read. These shows edit days of B-roll down to seconds. So, this whole JK8 marriage-on-the-rocks thing is almost certainly a cultivated plot twist. I have only seen one episode at my daughter's place. The kids are adorable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I think it's important to recognize that all "reality" shows are highly scripted marketing machines from start to finish. The classic was that show a few years back where a bunch of silly women apparently thought they were vying for the hand (and bank account) of a chateaux-owning millionaire. In reality, he was a backhoe operator. At the end of the series, the guy admitted to the love interest that he had no money. She said she loved him anyway and the producers handed then a check for $1 million as an "engagement gift."

A few weeks later, the male star broke with contract and let the world know that the whole show was a set-up and everything was scripted with the actors reading teleprompters and recording kissing sounds in a studio. Watch this season's Bachelorette and you'll see the actors' eyes flickering as they read. These shows edit days of B-roll down to seconds. So, this whole JK8 marriage-on-the-rocks thing is almost certainly a cultivated plot twist. I have only seen one episode at my daughter's place. The kids are adorable.

Oh the show is SO fake. Everything about it is. The credits list a "writer" and a director. So come on!

But portraying them as a struggling family is sickening. They did that for so long.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like or watch so-called reality TV, however back in the day I have to admit I did enjoy watching the Anna Nicole Show train wreck. I remember at the time being a little concerned about her son Daniel, who obviously didn't like the cameras, wondering how he would end up. Well, that's old sad news......

I'm not a parent, and don't even like children... but pimping out your kids for "reality" TV??? Cynical me suspects that little (or more likely none) of the payments received by the parents goes into trust accounts for the kids involved...
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I don't like or watch so-called reality TV, however back in the day I have to admit I did enjoy watching the Anna Nicole Show train wreck. I remember at the time being a little concerned about her son Daniel, who obviously didn't like the cameras, wondering how he would end up. Well, that's old sad news......

I'm not a parent, and don't even like children... but pimping out your kids for "reality" TV??? Cynical me suspects that little (or more likely none) of the payments received by the parents goes into trust accounts for the kids involved...

Well they are working on that now. Making sure the child labor laws apply to kids in reality TV as well. TLC has come under a lot of scrutiny about all this. They replied by saying that they "follow all APPLICABLE laws regarding children in entertainment" Well there are none for reality TV so basically they are enforcing nothing.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Man anyone interested in this show, (like the negatives) gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com is really busy these days! They are at 6 million hits! Lot of people do not like that Kate.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Who here is totally sick of reality shows??? It's the tv man's lazy way of getting programs without paying actors/actresses... and I'm beginning the think the total lack of standards by the people that keep them coming.

Really... the next one I'm sure will be - Jo Blow get's a hang nail... Oh WHAT to DO??? Can they make 10 episodes out of that??? Yes, if people keep tuning in.

I must say the boring lives of others is sooooo NOT interesting.

I suspect the people that get involved with these programs had no idea what they were really in for.... Reality shows being still relatively new. I also would venture to guess that earning enough money to feed all their children and live in a nice home was more appealing than the food stamp route. And WHO CARES? If a person doesn't like the show or how horrifying they feel the mother is... Don't watch. Quit supporting it. Why shouldn't they get all that money. Ma Barker was MUCH worse, and she didn't even get a commercial. Their lives are upside down, their children are bound to need therapy.Who should pay for that? The gov't? (although they probably actually enjoy all the people and activity. I bet it would be worse if it was just mom taking care of them while dad worked 2 jobs to barely feed them. Their mother would be totally crazy!)

LOL... I've seen Kate be quite strict... as a parent of multiples... I know that's a MUST. And knowing parents that have more than twins, (meaning triplets and quads) the degree of strictness just gets higher. It's a tool of management. And of all the families I know, most that have twins or more have 1 or 2 nannies, and often a house keeper...and perhaps a gardener. Not to mention family that helps out. Ol' Hillary was right when she said, "it takes a village."

I try to imagine if those babies had collic... OMG... I can't really imagine. I endured 15 weeks of collic with 2 babies. And I must say, I was shell shocked for at least another 6 months afterwards... meaning every time I heard a baby cry I would almost flinch. I can laugh now... I could hear crying in silent places it was so weird. Like the ringing you continue to hear after a loud noise.

I do feel bad for the family. I don't think they really understood what they were in for. Let alone having their marriage all over the news brad/angela/jennifer style. But it's what the people want...makes you understand how people could stand around a "witch" and watch her burn. There's really very little compassion shown by the "public" only by individuals. I'm sure the family members feel the public.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Why would you feel bad for them? They can get out now and they choose wealth over privacy. They demand privacy while they publicly air their problems. Does not work that way.

There is a difference with strict and just mean. Time after time that woman would not let her kids play because they had on their nice new matching Baby Gap outfits. I mean why go to a Crayola factory and not let your kids color??? Kate has housekeepers to wash the laundry for crying out loud! Most importantly have them wear play clothes to an activity like that. The idea (premise of the whole episode) was taking them there to have a good time. No, not for Kate, it is a JOB for them and the kids so they must dress up and look perfect. She treats her children like PROPS not kids. I only saw snipits of these incidents like when she threatened to throw away her 3 year old's teddy bear, best buddy because he (a 3 year old) got some gum on it. He was terrified and it was so sad to see that. Rants on about how 3 yr olds should not have gum (bad bad Aunt Jodi) yet see them in another episode flying somewhere with Kate giving offering tip of "have them chew gum so they don't pop their ears" Has her sick little boy lay on the LAUNDRY ROOM FLOOR. Who does that to a sick child?

Access Hollywood had some footage of Kate and the 8 kids in a green room being interviewed. this was a junket type thing and they had been interviewed for hours by different shows. Her oldest complained of being thirsty (understandably) and Kat picks up a water bottle, looks at her child ("is this what you want?") takes a drink and puts it away. You hear the child say "you're so mean, you drank that right in front of me"

I watched a bit of the 1st 2nd season on Memorial weekend with a marathon. could not get farther than that. Have not watched any of the new season. They are on season 5 and i did not get past 2) These incidents are all over the internet.

Product placement in every episode.

She is sick and TLC is filming a dysfunctional family falling apart. Everyone is at fault and they should cancel the show.

I agree that reality TV is turning into something dark.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I feel bad for them, because no one deserves to have such a crappy set up of a life. My guess is that Kate does not respond well to all the pressure that's on them. She's not an actress who has been through this since she was a child.. she's flailing like many actors/actresses that have their privacy invaded not stop. Albeit by choice. I'm not a "you made your bed now lay in it type of person."... More like, if the bed turns out to be crap, GET OUT! But if you're lucky to have a bed... learn to cope...I was unaware that they had a contract in front of them this year and could cancel... or for that matter their financial situation allows for it.

Did they show the whole interview in the green room? with her and the bottle water. Yeah. that sounds bad... Sounds like she doesn't respond to stress well. There are certainly better ways to deal.

Thing is... I think she at the breaking point... and the network is capitalizing on that. It's going to get worse... you can bet on it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I think with the money made on the show ($75,000 an episode) book deals, appearances they SHOULD be set. they have not had to spend their own money. all the kids clothes are paid for by Gymboree, food and vacations, etc by the show. They can quit if it were important to them.

the thing is she said they did this so they could stay at home with the kids and not work. Well her book tour kept her away 20 out of 30 days last month. She did not even write that book. Her friend Beth Carlson did. They went away for weekends to write and Beth said Kate was doing anything but helping with the writing but taking all credit for it. She does not do it all herself. She has nannies and a chef and housekeepers, personal assistants all paid for by the show and they try and make it look like she is this super mom! I blame all of them but I do think it is particularly appalling that the network wants to tape the destruction of this marriage. Again they also said they did not have time to video the kids growing up so this would allow them to document their childhood. Well won't this be nice for home movies? Watching my mom and dad fall apart.

There are no laws for children in reality TV for protecting the money they make and the hours they work. It takes days to make a 30 minute show sometimes and they had 30 shows last season and 40 this season. Do the math. The kids are older and do not want this anymore. But the lifestyle had taken over.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
You know... that's interesting about the children and the tv shows... Do they not get paid too?

WOW!

In California... (and I have no idea how it might be different with a reality program) All child actors/models must have a special bank account established that 15% of all paychecks are directly deposited. Parents are not legally allowed to access. Children can't access until they are 18. This, because so many parents blow their childrens' earnings... I think NY does the same thing... But that leaves 48 states and a WHOLE lot of kids at risk.

I do think, even though they get all the money and gifts and perks... it's all taxable. I bet they are in a financial disaster. This happens all the time with people that come into $$ quickly. If they are gifted everything, and then have income... what are their right offs? Their children wouldn't even add up to set off the difference. They have to claim all of that as income... the IRS doesn't care if you were paid with a check or with clothes. And you can't pay 25% of an outfit into a fund. They are probably a little too public to even "hide" some of that income. Hmmm... interesting to say the least... More so than their show... LOL!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:43 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
You know... that's interesting about the children and the tv shows... Do they not get paid too?

WOW!

In California... (and I have no idea how it might be different with a reality program) All child actors/models must have a special bank account established that 15% of all paychecks are directly deposited. Parents are not legally allowed to access. Children can't access until they are 18. This, because so many parents blow their childrens' earnings... I think NY does the same thing... But that leaves 48 states and a WHOLE lot of kids at risk.

I do think, even though they get all the money and gifts and perks... it's all taxable. I bet they are in a financial disaster. This happens all the time with people that come into $$ quickly. If they are gifted everything, and then have income... what are their right offs? Their children wouldn't even add up to set off the difference. They have to claim all of that as income... the IRS doesn't care if you were paid with a check or with clothes. And you can't pay 25% of an outfit into a fund. They are probably a little too public to even "hide" some of that income. Hmmm... interesting to say the least... More so than their show... LOL!

YEs that is what the controversy has been lately on the news. CA has these rules for child actors (Hollywood you know?) but nothing in PA where the Gosselins live. Why would they, it is not Hollywood. So they may not be protected.

There has been a man who runs "A Minor Consideration" who advocates for children in the entertainment business who is telling us that reality children have no rights or protection right now. Reality TV is not new but kids on TV like that is.

The Gosselins are saying that the children are not working so it does not apply.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |