Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Calloused feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Anybody have good suggestions for smoothing feet. The most bothersome for me is a big callous on the outside of big toe. It is always there. I sand it down with one of those wooden paddle foot file after I shower, but it seems to be getting more stubborn and somewhat sensitive when I sand it.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:
Anybody have good suggestions for smoothing feet. The most bothersome for me is a big callous on the outside of big toe. It is always there. I sand it down with one of those wooden paddle foot file after I shower, but it seems to be getting more stubborn and somewhat sensitive when I sand it.

I use the latest egg thing that actually does some scraping and it really get to that area...I do it a couple of times a week during sandal season.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 10:58 am      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:
If you have a product with salycilic acid in it, try that. Personally its the only thing that will smooth your feet. I like to use Joan Rivers Magic foot cream. Its fabulous!
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome..I think the Egg thing is at Walgreens, where do you get Joan Rivers? I worked on the feet last night..a little better, but noticed some cracking in the heels. How does that heal up or prevent?
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:
Awesome..I think the Egg thing is at Walgreens, where do you get Joan Rivers? I worked on the feet last night..a little better, but noticed some cracking in the heels. How does that heal up or prevent?
I get the JR's Magic at QVC.com. Its pricey but well worth the money if you want smooth, very soft, sandal ready feet. Salycilic acid is a very effective exfoliator. Better than manually scrubbing your skin to death. Its usually used for acneatic breakouts but when put together well can also exfoliate other dry areas of the body too.
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
OMG that PediEgg thing is amazing. At first I was like, "that looks dumb, who needs that? Just use a pumice stone." Then when I was walking through bed, bath and beyond, I threw one in my basket. After the first time I used it, I was like, "Holy Cow! Why didn't I buy this sooner!?"

It really work awesome with little work to go into it!

Try the Pediegg first before you do the Joan Rivers thing. You might find that you won't even need the two of them together. And the Pediegg is sooo cheap!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:43 am      Reply with quote
For me, the best ever way to get your soles in great condition is to use a Diamancel foot file (I think it's number 11) once a week or so, then rub in plenty of rich cream (I use Scholl Intensive Foot Moisturiser).
poppypower
5% products discount

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I have been known to use plastic baggies on my feet to make sure heels don't crack. I know they make special booties for this but i never remember to buy them and sandwich baggies work just fine.
I shower, file/use pumice, and put on a ton of lotion while my feet are still damp. So much lotion it isn't absorbing and i'm at risk of making lotion footprints all over the house. Then slap the plastic baggies on and sit down to study/watch tv/whatever won't knock the baggies off your feet.
More moisture in means a lower chance of cracking. Plus the softer any callous gets the easier it is to file the enxt day when you repeat the process.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Another PedEgg user here. I live in California, so my heels show most of the time. Use the PedEgg before showering 3x/week, follow up with Kerasol ointment (in the foot section of any U.S. drugstore or grocery store) and slip on some cotton socks/Peds, whatever, for 30 minutes in the a.m. while you finish getting ready, or overnight. It's like magic for soft, smooth heels. For your big toe callus you can do the same, but it's probably caused by shoe pressure, so you'll also have to put a pad in your shoes or on your toe to relieve the pressure and rubbing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I have to get callous shavers for my feet. They are at WalMart in the foot care section.

Nasty, but necessary.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kittyd! Smile There is available in the market for those egg files. I broke my file with a handle a month ago (believe I tried them all!). So I don't have a choice but to buy a new one. I bought REVLON egg file (pink color) that you can buy at Walmart. In Canada, it is less than $10. I used it every time I need to smooth my feet and it is very good. These egg files are better than conventional ones because after filing, they don't make a mess, it says in the "egg". I even recommended this to my sister and mom (esp. my mom! Her foot has a lot of calluses!). You should try one of these.... After filing, you can use the smooth type of filing (also comes with it) to smooth out rough edges of your foot. Also don't forget to put moisturizer on your foot or some special cream for your foot to make them smoother.... Have fun with it. I think it is the best investment I had (after Obagi products! Smile They are good! Smile Smile Smile Smile

kittyd wrote:
beautypro17

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
wow, I have been so tempted to get that egg thing but in the past I've had bad luck with infomercial buys. I'm definitely going to go out and get one now!

I usually use a foot file and then Barielle's Heal & Callus Treatment Cream. I always have on hand their total foot care cream also.
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I know! I am such a critic when it comes to stupid infomercial crap. However, this is one thing that I couldn't believe how awesome it was.

Yeah, it is so way cleaner! It all falls in the egg and now I don't have to lay out newspaper or do it over the sink to not make a mess.. eck!
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I knew you ladies had all the tricks..thanks so much. I think I'll try the egg and baggies trick. Kind of like egg sandwiches Laughing
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the pediegg but it seems like I need to do it everyday or they just look the same the next day...Maybe it is my heels only; they are really ugly and cracked Sad
I will try the baggies next.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:
I knew you ladies had all the tricks..thanks so much. I think I'll try the egg and baggies trick. Kind of like egg sandwiches Laughing

Ahh Laughing ha ha! That is sooo gross to think about.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:
I tried the pediegg but it seems like I need to do it everyday or they just look the same the next day...Maybe it is my heels only; they are really ugly and cracked Sad
I will try the baggies next.

You've got to follow it up with a lotion, ointment, whatever, to soften, moisturize and help the dead skin exfoliate. Otherwise, you're right, the results won't last as long.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |