Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
obagi without retin A
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dublinmask

Sat May 30, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry - I posted this on products reviews but I think this is probably a better place to ask...

Sorry if this has been asked, but I wasn't able to find a straight answer. I bought the Obagi Nu Derm starter kit and started using 3 days ago. Nothing noticable really. The kit does not come with Tretinoin, and (dumb me!) I didn't buy read here first and buy it. Does the system work without it? Why do they sell separately if it is necessary for the process? Should I stop using until I order?

I don't have acne, but have some mild sun damage and discoloration.

thanks you!
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I have not tried the system, but I believe the Retin-A is an essential part of it that you should get. You can get it from your doctor or online without a RX. HTH.

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Ziggy wrote:
I have not tried the system, but I believe the Retin-A is an essential part of it that you should get. You can get it from your doctor or online without a RX. HTH.

Ziggy is correct. Retin A is a major key in the system.
DGS

Sun May 31, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am peeling too much and to irritated to be across from clients at a table. LOL I want to stay on. I read somewhere about cutting back on the cream (Tretinon) to 3 times a week at first. I also read to add the product called Action to help with the dryness and Tolereen. Anyone have any experience with this? Any the other question is it the cream or the Exoderm Forte that causes the peelint?
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Retin A is a very important part of the system. You can get a prescription from you derm for this, or buy at one of the oversees pharmacies such as medsmex, alldaychemist or four corners.

DGS Both the Retin A and the Exoder Forte will cause peeling. I have not tried Action or Tolereen yet.

Sun May 31, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I thought the Tetronin Cream i purchased was the retinol product? Do you know?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
DGS wrote:
I thought the Tetronin Cream i purchased was the retinol product? Do you know?

It is the right product, DGS. You can start out using the Blender/Retin A every other night and see how you do. Your best bet is to continue to use it nightly, but cut down on the amount that you use. That way your skin will get accustomed to the Retin A.

Try to use an microfiber cloth or a gentle exfoliating product daily in the morning. That will help cut down on the flakes you have during the day.
DGS

Sun May 31, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Good idea to exfoliate in the Am but I thought the E.forte is an exfoliation? Can you recomend a gentle one for the morning? I will also get a micofiber cloth. Thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
DGS wrote:
Good idea to exfoliate in the Am but I thought the E.forte is an exfoliation? Can you recomend a gentle one for the morning? I will also get a micofiber cloth. Thanks.

A very gentle one that my nurse always recommended was Biomedic enzyme exfoliator. But, any gentle "scrub" is fine. So, you either use the exfoliating scrub or the microfiber cloth in the morning, but not both. And, be very gentle!
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
DGS wrote:
Good idea to exfoliate in the Am but I thought the E.forte is an exfoliation? Can you recommend a gentle one for the morning? I will also get a micofiber cloth. Thanks.

Hi DGS,

I recently purchased the Dermalogica facial brush when I read online that many of the microfiber cloths can cause skin damage. I am unsure as to whether this is true. However, having used the brush for 4 months now, my surface skin texture has greatly improved. It is so gentle, yet exfoliates.
DGS

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I may try that. someone just told me to put oatmeal and honey on my face. I stopped using after just 5 days and now my skin is like sandpaper so the honey and oats should help. I have all this expensive product that I'd love to sell if interested let me know. Am i allowed to say that? Sorry if i'm not i didn't really read thoroughly the rules.
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:47 am      Reply with quote
DGS wrote:
I may try that. someone just told me to put oatmeal and honey on my face. I stopped using after just 5 days and now my skin is like sandpaper so the honey and oats should help. I have all this expensive product that I'd love to sell if interested let me know. Am i allowed to say that? Sorry if I'm not i didn't really read thoroughly the rules.

Hi DGS,
I read that castor sugar with spring water is a great natural exfoliator for the face and granulated sugar for the body.
Jeannie York

Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
is tazorac a good product to use with the blender?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |