Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cleanser for dry skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
What would a decent cleanser for dry skin be? I'm going to use it with a microfiber cloth.
yoyo-mami
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:32 am      Reply with quote
nude is good.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I always use Cetaphil for dry skin.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil would be a good choice. I don't use microfiber cloth, because my skin is sensitive and I use Cellcosmet cleanser.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for Cetaphil.
milkcoffee
5% products discount

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to use Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser,It's very good! Laughing
doralee
5% products discount

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
First, you'd better use some smooth cleanser but could be a clean effect. Some natural products are nicer choices.
Second, get moisturing cream everyday.
Last but the importantly, try to get moisturing mask if you have time. That will improve your skin quickly.
teresafung
5% products discount

Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I have really dry skin and have been fighting eczema all my life. Recently (2 years back), I started using the La Roche Posay line. I am still using the Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser - I totally recommend it!

After wetting your face, this cleanser is gentle enough to be left on without rinsed off. You really feel your skin absorbing it, preparing you to seal in the suppleness with a moisturizer. I also use La Roche Posay's Toleriane Moisturizer. It's great for my eczema skin and I have resorted to use this twice daily in replacement of the topical steroid ointments. I only use the medication when my eczema gets out of hand.

The Toleriane series from La Roche Posay has definitely saved me. More details regarding the 2 products:
- fragrance-free
- preservative-free
- surfactant-free
- cleanser also used as make-up removal fluid
- especially designed for face and eyes (I use it for my neck too)
- suitable for all types of intolerant skin

The Toleriane moisturizers come in normal (just Toleriane), fluide (lighter) and riche (richer thicker). For summer, depending on your skin's needs, you can switch to fluide and for winter, the riche can be an option.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I love PSF Green Tea Milk Cleanser.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:
What would a decent cleanser for dry skin be? I'm going to use it with a microfiber cloth.

try water. seriously, if you are using a microfibre cloth it will take off make-up no problem unless you use the really long lasting foundations and heavy eye make up.

If that's the case you may like to try using an oil like argan, jojoba or hemp seed. all good stuff and super cheap.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Akin Rose cream cleanser, but probably a little hard to find depending where you live as this is an Australian product.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I will agree that Cetaphyl is a great dry skin cleanser...I used it for the longest time and loved it. I switched to Phisoderm about 2 months ago and found that I loved that even more. Less liquidy and much more creamier than Cetaphyl so it feels like it's doing a much better job at cleaning my face...I know the biggest complaint about Cetaphyl is that it doesn't take off eye makeup all that well....I don't have that problem with Phisoderm.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
tckmtracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I use Elemis rehydrating rosepetal cleanser now. It is good for cleansing and smell good. I can't see any residue on cotton wool ball with Clinique clarifying lotion 2 after I using this product!
I love it very much!
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
teresafung wrote:
I have really dry skin and have been fighting eczema all my life. Recently (2 years back), I started using the La Roche Posay line. I am still using the Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser - I totally recommend it!

After wetting your face, this cleanser is gentle enough to be left on without rinsed off. You really feel your skin absorbing it, preparing you to seal in the suppleness with a moisturizer. I also use La Roche Posay's Toleriane Moisturizer. It's great for my eczema skin and I have resorted to use this twice daily in replacement of the topical steroid ointments. I only use the medication when my eczema gets out of hand.

The Toleriane series from La Roche Posay has definitely saved me. More details regarding the 2 products:
- fragrance-free
- preservative-free
- surfactant-free
- cleanser also used as make-up removal fluid
- especially designed for face and eyes (I use it for my neck too)
- suitable for all types of intolerant skin

The Toleriane moisturizers come in normal (just Toleriane), fluide (lighter) and riche (richer thicker). For summer, depending on your skin's needs, you can switch to fluide and for winter, the riche can be an option.

Teresa, thanks for your suggestion. I think it's helpful to the ones with dry skin.

I would recommend the organic products which is very mild and tender.
mayhua
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
i used fancl cleansing oil . i used to have very dry skin but after using this product, i find that the skin condition improved.after removing makeup i use the cleansing powder. my skin don't feel tight after the double cleansing.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
tckmtracy wrote:
I use Elemis rehydrating rosepetal cleanser now. It is good for cleansing and smell good. I can't see any residue on cotton wool ball with Clinique clarifying lotion 2 after I using this product!
I love it very much!

Thanks. I also like Elemis products including their cleanser.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I like Philosophy purity made simple. This cleanser could even remove light makeup, and leave our skin with a soft texture.
Although this cleanser is supposed to could used by all skin types, but for me, whose skin is also dry, this cleanser performed so well!
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I actually read a report condemning Cetaphil's cleanser? I'll have to go back to find it.

I have very senstive skin and my derm gave me this cleanser from Ego called Pinetarsol. There is pine tar in the cleanser and its a deep green color.

There is a herbal smell to it as well but I love that cleanser. It soothes my skin and is really light. No foaming etc. I also use it with my microfibre cloth and it works perfectly.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Cerave is nice. I think its along the same line as Cetaphil but I like Cerave better.
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I use CeraVe as well after reading a post on here naming the difference as being that CeraVe does not have sulfates but otherwise is almost identical to Cetaphil. I used Cetaphil when I was a bit younger and had oilier skin so it didn't quite work for me but I do remember it was almost like cleaning with lotion. My skin is much drier now and the CeraVe is perfect. I think it's $13 or so for a fairly large bottle at walgreens, so if it doesn't work for you then at least you didn't put yourself out too much.

I also have read sooooo much praise about the PSF green tea stuff mentioned ...it's on my list to try just from curiosity.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Dr.Hauschka's is the best cleanser I have ever used. But Cetaphil's price is more acceptable, so stronly recommended.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:07 am      Reply with quote
use cleansing milk not the cleansing foam.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Clarins cleansing foam and Nuxe cleansing milk (the honey smell one) are very suitable for dry skin.
SKYDAGZ
5% products discount

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
go with a basic cleanser like Purpose, its soap-free, oil-free liquid lathers away dirt, makeup and oil but doesn't leave skin so dry it reacts by overproducing oil, and i guess its made "best" list in many magz.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I just posted this in another thread:

I highly recommend Aveeno Soothing Relief Creamy Wash (for babies). Not only is it cheap, but it gets great reviews by those who have sensitive skin. My skin isn't sensitive, but it is dry and I love this as a very gentle facial cleanser. You can get it at CVS and Walgreens and probably anywhere Aveeno is sold.

http://www.aveeno.com/productDetail.do?prodid=4249

HTH!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |