Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Advice Needed on What to Take Travelling (Skin-wise!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I am going travelling for a year in December (very excited!!) and have started pondering on what I should be taking with me whilst I'm away to look after my skin....apart from obviously a high SPF!!

I currently use the following...

LRP Redermix day cream - normal/combination skin (in morning)
LRP Redermix eye cream (twice a day)
Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect Beauty Serum (twice a day)
Olay Regenerist Night cream (at night)

Now I have worked out the cost of buying a years supply of all of these and it's not cheap! Esp as the No 7 serum only lasts about 3 weeks a bottle!

I'm scared my skin will suffer while I'm away...in fact I'm already concerned about it now!

What do you think I should take? All or just some?

Also is there any other products I could look into that are better value for money/would last longer?

I am loath to stop the No 7 as I have had some really good results on face and neck and am scared to death I'll go back to square 1 again in a year....aaargghh! Shock

This may sound really silly but I'm genuinely worried! Sad

Vee

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Vee26 wrote:
I am loath to stop the No 7 as I have had some really good results on face and neck and am scared to death I'll go back to square 1 again in a year....aaargghh! Shock

No advice, Vee, but what results have you had with the Boots N07 and how long have you used it?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
You could always shop online and have items shipped ahead???

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Vee26 I am jealous! Where are you going? Good idea with the shipping. If something works for your skin, and that is what you like it will probably be calming for you to have something familiar with you.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Vee- a week away is one thing but an entire year is another. You need it all honey or you'll be bumming.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:59 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Vee- a week away is one thing but an entire year is another. You need it all honey or you'll be bumming.

Sister Sweets - I completely agree!

It's just gonna look like I'm smuggling something if I rock up at the airport with a bag full of lotions and potions!!

I wish there was another way but I won;t have a permenant address whilst away so no go with shipping out I suppose - although I did think about it!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:01 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Vee26 wrote:

No advice, Vee, but what results have you had with the Boots N07 and how long have you used it?

rileygirl - I've been using it for about 2 months and have had really good results in the forehead and eye department - I'm only 27 but have had a few lines since I was 23 and they have vanished!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:03 am      Reply with quote
sylvitay wrote:
Vee26 I am jealous! Where are you going? Good idea with the shipping. If something works for your skin, and that is what you like it will probably be calming for you to have something familiar with you.

I'm going to China. NZ, Oz and Thailand!!

So can prob stock up on some things in Oz as I'm there for 6 months but not sure if I'll be able to get any of my usual products there Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Vee26 wrote:
rileygirl - I've been using it for about 2 months and have had really good results in the forehead and eye department - I'm only 27 but have had a few lines since I was 23 and they have vanished!

Thanks for the reply, Vee! It sounds like you have had great results!
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:08 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Vee26 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Vee! It sounds like you have had great results!

Indeed!

this is why I don't want to go 12 months without it!!

I worked out I'd need 20 bottles to last that time! If I tried carring that amount around my other half would think I was nuts!!

He already does regarding my anal skin care regime even though mine is nothing compared to the dedication of some people on EDS - he is male though so sadly does not see the point in "lotions and potions".....which is a pity, as he is getting some serious forehead lines at 33 LOL Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

I agree, this seems like the best way to do it.
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

I agree, this seems like the best way to do it.

I wont have an address whilst travelling so can't do this option unfortunately!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree to take it all. A year is too long to be without the products that work for you.
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:41 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I totally agree to take it all. A year is too long to be without the products that work for you.

This is what I'll have to take in total - I just hope I don't get randomly searched at an airport and have all my stuff opened to make sure I'm not carryng drugs or something = I have actually started worrying about this scenario!!

20 x No7 serum
6 x Olay Regenerist Night Cream
6 x LRP Redermix Eye Cream
6 x LRP Redermix Face Cream

Phew! This is going to be a right mission and a half!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Vee26 wrote:

I'm going to China. NZ, Oz and Thailand!!

Vee - There's Boots stores all over Bangkok, can't speak for other parts of Thailand. As for your beloved Protect & Perfect serum, you can definitely get it as I bought one in Bangkok maybe a month ago. I believe this product is sold under different names in different countries, but the one I got is labelled "Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum", smallish 30 ml tube. HTH
havana8

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Vee26 wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

This is what I'll have to take in total - I just hope I don't get randomly searched at an airport and have all my stuff opened to make sure I'm not carryng drugs or something = I have actually started worrying about this scenario!!

20 x No7 serum

I would worry about the lack of temperature control and potential product spoilage/stability problems when packing all those around especially in the hotter or more humid climates...
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:10 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Vee26 wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

20 x No7 serum

I would worry about the lack of temperature control and potential product spoilage/stability problems when packing all those around especially in the hotter or more humid climates...

good point!

I'm really not sure what to do now Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I also would wonder about the products spilling, or being damaged by high temperatures (even luggage in the carrier of the plane is it too cold?). In Australia you could buy new products. There are lots of people who post here from Australia, you could ask them,and it seems they have many of the products we do in North America (not sure where you are from?). Maybe you'll discover a wonderful new product line! Enjoy your travels, it sounds wonderful. Harriet
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |