Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Heidi Klum's "In an Instant"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Have you seen the infomercial? My what CAN'T Heidi do???

I fell asleep with the TV on the other night and woke up about 1 in the morning to find a commercial with this miracle serum being pushed by Heidi. Looks too good to be true but if I hear some good reviews I would consider it. Can't find any reviews on it on the web. From REAL people with REAL wrinkles.

This is what it is:
http://www.inaninstant.com/results/?pactvid=v88kqt7j7uual700qjasku2ql8mvv7li

Any reviews?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have never heard of it. I have issues with these infomercials where you order it then it's sent again every 90 days. I have read horror stories about people trying to cancel and it takes forever and their CC is automatically charged, etc.

If a product is so good why not just sell it once. Those that like it and it does exactly what they say it does, the consumer will re-order.

I can't think of too many infomercials that get good reviews. JMHO

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Pet Peeve: Models who lead us to believe their looks, success etc is a result of a product "they" recently designed. (give me a break). Insulting too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Pet Peeve: Models who lead us to believe their looks, success etc is a result of a product "they" recently designed. (give me a break). Insulting too.

Totally agree, sis!

I tend not to go for the infomercials due to the reason Frodo stated. I don't like automatically being sent a product every so many months and I worry that it will be a nightmare to cancel.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm skeptical about infomercials too. It's not a product I'd try.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
okay, i have to join in here and say the exact opposite of what i normally would say had i not insider knowledge to the contrary.
"In an Instant" is supposedly a really amazing line of products that Heidi DOES use.
i happened to work at the agency that books her makeup artist and they developed the line together with skincare professionals. Heidi has apparently been testing it and using it for several years and the makeup artist is completely bowled over by how excellent it is.
she uses it on Heidi and on herself; they both swear by it.
all the girls at the agency were dying to get their hands on it; i'll check in with them and see if anyone has tried it.
for an agency that gets truckloads of creme de la mer and chanel and epicuren and revive and anything else skin and hair care related for free because of all the celebrity hair and makeup artists they represent, this is really one of the only new lines they are excited about.
i wouldn't wax cynical about it until someone gives it a try--perhaps heidi klum has really developed something truly effective and wants to share it with as many people as possible.
in other words, in short, she's not just "shilling."

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Have you used this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
It might be easier to consider the products if they had the ingredients on the website, I don't see them anywhere.
mimi57
5% products discount

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
It might be easier to consider the products if they had the ingredients on the website, I don't see them anywhere.

agree, gotta know what the heck's in the potion 1st.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:27 am      Reply with quote
From what I've read the ingredients are nothing special.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I don't trust the before and after pics - they all look as if they've been retouched to me. Look very closely and compare the facial hair, eyelashes etc - they look the same in both pics plus in the after pics the skin looks air brushed, the pores aren't as visible.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:58 am      Reply with quote
As a product junkie, I really want to hear some reviews. I was so disappointed with Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty, that I'll have to wait for positive experiences.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Here is Jolie Nadine's review of it.

http://jolienadine.com/blog/2008/09/17/in-an-instant/
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Again, if a product works like the manufacturer says it does then why do they sell it with an automatic delivery schedule? We get these so called wonder products everyday over the internet and I for one don't like it.

Let me buy the product without a, what I call membership, and if it works for me I will buy it again. It's that simple.

As far as the review from Jolie Nadine, is this person reliable. It seems to work on her per her review so I guess she won't have to review anymore products?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
As far as the review from Jolie Nadine, is this person reliable. It seems to work on her per her review so I guess she won't have to review anymore products?

Laughing I actually think that review was old, which is why I posted it. I thought this was a new product line? It sounded like she (Nadine) had used the line at least for a bit before it went to infomercial land!

(Just went back to the site and checked, that review was from 9/08.)

Also, from her article it sounds like the main ingredients are antioxidants and peptides - so nothing new there.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Again, if a product works like the manufacturer says it does then why do they sell it with an automatic delivery schedule? We get these so called wonder products everyday over the internet and I for one don't like it.

Let me buy the product without a, what I call membership, and if it works for me I will buy it again. It's that simple.

I agree - It automatically seems like a scam when they have to resort to the auto delivery schedule.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
You know what? I did not realize that there was that auto billing. Yeah why be forced to buy it every month?

Also it looks like you have to buy a bunch of other stuff as a part of a system. Why can't we just try the wrinkle remover? I'm happy with my own system.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully (I'm not holding my breath)with more and more people using the internet and joining forums, that the scam these businesses try to pull, will stop.

I learned a very hard lesson with my last huge skin care purchase so I am treading very cautiously when it comes to spending money on skincare.

Now as for handbags, shoes and jewelry, that's a whole other story. Very Happy

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |