Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

True Cosmetics Essential Radiance Skin Polish (100 ml / 3.39 floz) Payot Design Ultra Lift Remodelling Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) glominerals Majestic Jungle Collection (4 items)
Turkey Waddle Neck: Putting Hormones On It To Relieve

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
One of my heroes, Dr, Bob Marshall (Ph.D. Biochemistry), says you can keep from getting turkey/waddle neck by putting a concoction of pregnenolone, progesterone, and dhea (all hormones) on the underside of your neck. I've been doing this for 4 or 5 years now (since menopause) and indeed have not gotten turkey neck.

I used to use his concoction (for sale on his website) but now I make up my own with stuff from the internet and the local health food store-- it's much cheaper and I can also put female testosterone in it. (I had my hormone levels checked by a compounding pharmacist who makes custom hormone creams for women to see exactly what I needed).

Of course with progesterone your schedule has to mimic a menstrual cycle, so I use progesterone for approx. 28 days and lay off of it for 4 or 5 days.

Here is a blurb on putting DHEA on your face (I take it orally and use it under my chin. If I don't take my oral tablet, I can barely get out of bed.):

Title:Cosmetic/dermatological skin care compositions comprising S-DHEA Document Type and Number:United States Patent 5989568
Abstract:Dehydro-epi-androsterone sulfate, topically applied, is well suited for therapeutically treating human skin wrinkles and fine lines and/or for combating cutaneous and/or subcutaneous slackening and/or for reviving the radiance of the skin.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5989568.html

A few things to think about when using it. I would think that these are related to over-using it:

http://www.cosmeticdatabase.com/ingredient.php?ingred06=701903&nothanks=1

I have tried DHEA on my face and it does perk it up, but I've stopped because it's too much. I can tell because I get really mean if I have too much.

A little primer on pregnenolone (I take it both orally and topically):

http://www.drces.com/pregnenolone.php

You guys probably already know a lot about progesterone. It is quite good if you are perimenopausal also.

Oddly enough, Dr. Bob uses his concoction on himself. He is in his 60's. Laughing

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Hey Inky - I saw your comment about hormone cream on another thread and decided to try it to help with the dreaded turkey wattle. I got 4-in-1 cream (progesterone/DHEA/pregnenolone/phytoestrogen) through Amazon. I'm waiting to use it until after my annual exam, when I'm going to get a hormone test. I don't know if it can help with the existing slackening (much improved from AALS use), but it might prevent further sag. Thanks for the info! Smile

One question: The instructions say to apply the cream to "soft" areas (under the chin, inside of upper arms, etc.) in rotation, to avoid "saturation" of one area. Do you know anything about this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
Hey Inky - I saw your comment about hormone cream on another thread and decided to try it to help with the dreaded turkey wattle. I got 4-in-1 cream (progesterone/DHEA/pregnenolone/phytoestrogen) through Amazon. I'm waiting to use it until after my annual exam, when I'm going to get a hormone test. I don't know if it can help with the existing slackening (much improved from AALS use), but it might prevent further sag. Thanks for the info! Smile

One question: The instructions say to apply the cream to "soft" areas (under the chin, inside of upper arms, etc.) in rotation, to avoid "saturation" of one area. Do you know anything about this?

Hi Tess,

I put mine on my neck area always. I do understand you are supposed to alternate it, but I want the effect under my chin.

My concoction has female testosterone (my personal addition) and no phytoestrogens. I don't know how that might effect your experience.

I imagine if you are able to stop the skin damage from continuing and vaculift and do neck building exercises, you should have a really good experience! Let us know how it works out for ya!

Since I don't have the waddle, may I ask: is it caused by skin or muscle deterioration or both?

Also, don't forget to mimic a menstrual cycle: about 28 days on, 4 or 5 days off.

THanks.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Can you use just the estrogen? I have a tube of Ovestin cream laying around.
Also, how are the HGH hormones working for you and what brand do you take?
Thanks so much! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
I imagine if you are able to stop the skin damage from continuing and vaculift and do neck building exercises, you should have a really good experience! Let us know how it works out for ya!

Since I don't have the waddle, may I ask: is it caused by skin or muscle deterioration or both?

My wattle appears to be solely skin slackening just under the chin, where it attaches to the neck (not muscle droop), which is why (I think) the AALS helped. I am doing the Ageless face and neck exercises, but I don't get the feeling they help that particular issue. (Could be wrong, it's happened before. Confused ) I'm scared of vaculift; I am predisposed to get broken caps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Thanks so much! Laughing

Hi Annie

Estrogen is the only think I am not taking. My concoction is pregnenolone, dhea, progesterone and female testosterone.

The HGH is Renewal hgh. I love it. I ran out about a month ago and need to order more.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
tessera wrote:

Hi Tess,

I put mine on my neck area always. I do understand you are supposed to alternate it, but I want the effect under my chin.

The reason that you are supposed to rotate progesterone/estrogen creams is that the receptors under the skin become much less responsive over time. If you don't rotate, the absorption of the hormones will supposedly decrease significantly.

If you don't want to rotate the area, you may want to consider doing maybe a week of using the cream with a week of not using it. But you should probably read up on how long it takes the skin receptors to burn out, and avoid that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering what people meant by "female testosterone".

Thanks!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, I'm curious about that too. Inky?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Thanks so much! Laughing

Annie it is very important not to use estrogren unapposed if you are post menopausal. You need to have progesterone as unopposed estrogen has been linked to uterine cancer

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
Josee wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, I'm curious about that too. Inky?

There is no such thing as female testosterone...males and females have identical hormones, and only the levels vary.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Hey Inky - can you give the exact name of the cream that Bob Marshall sells & recommends for preventing turkey-wattle neck? I googled up his site and looked at the product catalog but I cannot find a "search" function there (maybe I missed it) and could not find a cream such as you mention just from paging through. Thanks in advance!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if this does anything to lessen the growth of chin hairs Bad Grin
CarpeFelis
5% products discount

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I can't post a link yet but I think I've found it. If you go to the store at the qnlabs site and type DHEA into the search field (left side of the blue bar near the top of the page), one of the results is Rejuvenation Cream. Here's part of the description:

Quote:
World-Class, Living Nutrients For a Radiant Complexion

3 Fabulous Natural Hormones.
5% Natural Pregnenolone (Wild Yam Synthesis) - Precursor to all natural steroid. synthesis/Supports skin firmness.*
5% Natural DHEA (Wild Yam Synthesis) - Supports adrenals, endocrine glands and healthy skin.*
2% Natural Progesterone (Wild Yam Synthesis) - 100% naturally active in the human. body/Supports healthy hormones.
100% Nontoxic Cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
CarpeFelis wrote:
I can't post a link yet but I think I've found it. If you go to the store at the qnlabs site and type DHEA into the search field (left side of the blue bar near the top of the page), one of the results is Rejuvenation Cream. Here's part of the description:

Quote:
World-Class, Living Nutrients For a Radiant Complexion

3 Fabulous Natural Hormones.
5% Natural Pregnenolone (Wild Yam Synthesis) - Precursor to all natural steroid. synthesis/Supports skin firmness.*
5% Natural DHEA (Wild Yam Synthesis) - Supports adrenals, endocrine glands and healthy skin.*
2% Natural Progesterone (Wild Yam Synthesis) - 100% naturally active in the human. body/Supports healthy hormones.
100% Nontoxic Cream.

Thanks so much CarpeFelis! I actually was looking at a different site (which I think was an older one - the one you named looks much more spiffy). That does sound like the right cream ... I am very tempted ...

5% products discount

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered it! Will let you know if it works for me... My problem isn't exactly a turkey wattle but some loose skin under the chin due to a 40-pound weight loss last year at age 50.

Maryanne

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Metaphora wrote:
Hey Inky - can you give the exact name of the cream that Bob Marshall sells & recommends for preventing turkey-wattle neck? I googled up his site and looked at the product catalog but I cannot find a "search" function there (maybe I missed it) and could not find a cream such as you mention just from paging through. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

It's called Rejuvenation Cream and you will probably have to call them to order it. I emailed them that I couldn't find it on their site anymore and they said I had to call to get it, per FDA rules because it has hormone stuff in it.

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I wonder if this does anything to lessen the growth of chin hairs Bad Grin

I'm getting chin hairs but I'm putting testosterone in the cream also. It might be due to that.

Myrna Speaks
5% products discount

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:00 am      Reply with quote
CarpeFelis, I have the same thing, so I'm really interested in your experience with the cream. Here's hoping it works - and fast.

Myrna
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Metaphora wrote:
Hi,

It's called Rejuvenation Cream and you will probably have to call them to order it. I emailed them that I couldn't find it on their site anymore and they said I had to call to get it, per FDA rules because it has hormone stuff in it.

Here is the link to Rejuvenation Cream on QN Labs web site:
http://www.qnlabs.com/store/product.php?productid=16280&cat=0&page=1

There are other web sites that sell the same cream as well.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
CarpeFelis wrote:
I ordered it! Will let you know if it works for me... My problem isn't exactly a turkey wattle but some loose skin under the chin due to a 40-pound weight loss last year at age 50.

Maryanne

Hi Maryanne,

I'm not so sure it will help that. I am having the same issue b/c I lost weight and got whiplash (which makes my neck kinda 'shrink down'), but the excess skin isn't the turkey waddle neck stuff. It's just excess stuff that is mid-neck. Here is a pic:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33423&highlight=settlement

I don't have waddle neck tho.

Be forewarned: no make up or brushed hair.

katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Testosterone in a cream may cause hairiness.
I am on it for peri menopause symptoms and the instructions are to put it on a totally hairless place. Now most of us don't have neck hair but some of us might have fine downy chin hair that may get thicker.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
I'm not so sure it will help that. I am having the same issue b/c I lost weight and got whiplash (which makes my neck kinda 'shrink down'), but the excess skin isn't the turkey waddle neck stuff. It's just excess stuff that is mid-neck.

Mine isn't the same - what I have is loose skin that isn't on the neck itself but hanging down right underneath the chin. I know it may not work, but I figure it won't hurt to try it.

Maryanne

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Inky I just saw your pic and I just had to tell you that you look awesome girl!
You've got no sag on your face and you still have that lovely youthful facial fat. You look way younger than your age.
Whatever you're doing keep it up. Wink
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Inky I just saw your pic and I just had to tell you that you look awesome girl!
You've got no sag on your face and you still have that lovely youthful facial fat. You look way younger than your age.
Whatever you're doing keep it up. Wink

Thanks Mishey!

System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pür Minerals Correcting Primer Redness Reducer - Green (30 ml / 1 floz) Caudalie Favorites - Beauty Grows Here (5 items) Skincerity Nightly Breathable Masque (29.6 ml / 1 floz)