Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

## Marionette or Puppet lines any Face Exercises that WORK??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
luvsgracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
PLEASE, I hope someone can help.

I cannot have Botox or face "fillers" or injections right now, I just have too many sensitivities and allergies to all kinds of things.

I'm 53 and these "marionette or puppet lines" just in the past year have gotten a lot worse. I hate the way I look and don't want to socialize like I used to.

I have seen all over the internet photos of exercise systems and exercise devices that "claim" to help this very difficult area.

But has anyone here had success?

I feel I need to build up the muscle in that area because there is quite a bit of "sinking in" in that area.

I'm using topicals, Retin-A, sunscreen, Vit. C, but it's actually looking WORSE. i think Vit. A and Vit. C is TOO drying for my sensitive skin.

Also, I break out from lotions/creams, so I can't use something like Eluage, I've tried.

I can use gels that are oil-free or oil-free serums maybe.

however, I really need to build up those muscles in that area, but can't afford a lot of books and videos, I'm pretty broke during this recession.

I could afford one book or one DVD .

But which exercise really works? How do you build up those muscles where the marionette lines are?

I have that device that I think is called Flacial Flex but haven't used it yet, just got it.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:57 am      Reply with quote
luvsgracy read this thread - I think the price of the book has actually gone down from $10. This will get you on your way

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539&highlight=agless+dare

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, I've read that thread a little, and will read it more thoroughly now, thank you!

I will get this book, but I just wanted to hear, I guess, maybe from more people "IF" these exercises or any have really reduced their "marionette lines" a lot, and kept them away.

Does this book tell you exacty which exercise will work for the marionette lines?

Thanks.
Patti1013
5% products discount

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
luvsgracy wrote:
Thank you, I've read that thread a little, and will read it more thoroughly now, thank you!

I will get this book, but I just wanted to hear, I guess, maybe from more people "IF" these exercises or any have really reduced their "marionette lines" a lot, and kept them away.

Does this book tell you exacty which exercise will work for the marionette lines?

Thanks.

Hi Luvsgracy, I started doing the Ageless exercises a little over three months ago. I started after I suddenly noticed a little sag on either side of my mouth sometime in early January.

The ageless exercises are designed to lift the cheeks. As the cheeks lift, the lower face will lift too. Remember though, it takes time. You must stick with it to see results. So far I've noticed the sag has lifted slightly, so I still have a way to go. The massage as outlined in the book, will help a lot too. The skin on my lower face is becoming thicker and firmer. I'm very happy about that.

In addition to the book, you should also buy the DVD that Loulou recently released, especially if you're a visual person. She shows you how to do all the exercises and the massage.

Best of luck,

Patti
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Agree with Patti - stick with it and it works.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone! I feel encouraged.

Do you think the Ageless exercises will , however, make my already high cheekbones look higher and plumper, because I would NOT want that. I have too much plumpness over my cheekbones, I put bronzer on them to make them look slimmer.

What i do have, however, is too much fullness below the cheekbones, my cheeks have always been a littl plump, lol.

And, I need the hollowed out area under the cheekbone to look fuller.

I'll post this question also in the "Ageless" exercise thread, thanks!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
luvsgracy wrote:

I'm 53 and these "marionette or puppet lines" just in the past year have gotten a lot worse. I hate the way I look and don't want to socialize like I used to.

I have that device that I think is called Flacial Flex but haven't used it yet, just got it.

Hi luvsgracy,

If I were you, I'd run for the hills away from the Facial Flex device!! Yikes ~ I used it and returned it soon thereafter. It was the worst piece of junk and caused my TMJ to be aggravated again. Since then, I purchased Carole Maggio's Facercise book, then her DVD and then met her in person for a one-on-one training. I have been using the Facercise program for 10+ years now. Great results, easy to use program and the nasal labial smoother exercise erases those nasal labial folds almost immediately! Carole also offers training via skype now. Great stuff! Contact her atwww.facercise.com
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend Ageless If You Dare. It is not expensive and there is a new DVD available in addition to the book.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Luvsgracey somewhere in the Ageless thread Bethany posted some before and after pics of her marionettes. The results will inspire you for sure.
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
just bumping this thread, I wonder if anyone has any specific, exercises that are good for mouth to jaw lines. Are the ones where you tilt your head back and 'kiss' to the ceiling good for this area?. Thank you all.
snoozinsusan

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Luvsgracey somewhere in the Ageless thread Bethany posted some before and after pics of her marionettes. The results will inspire you for sure.
I would be very grateful to know what Luvsgracey and Bethany did to erase their Marionette lines.
I'm unclear as to whether it was follow Ageless if you Dare or Carol Maggio's Facercise or both or what. I would be very grateful for a reply to me snoozinsusan soonest. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:56 am      Reply with quote
butterfliesandflowers wrote:
Hi everyone,
just bumping this thread, I wonder if anyone has any specific, exercises that are good for mouth to jaw lines. Are the ones where you tilt your head back and 'kiss' to the ceiling good for this area?. Thank you all.

butterfliesandflowers I don't think spot training will really solve the problem. I think you need to find a full program that you like and do it in its entirety so all face muscles get toned equally.

The chin area has muscles lying in different angles and some overlapping others that it'd be hard to pinpoint what one needs to target or even know exactly which muscles need the most work. So better to work all of them since when all get toned, then you'll have your face where it would be had gravity and aging not taken their toll. Also remember that other muscles exert some force on the muscles they are attached to so that they too will need to be toned for a nice uniform lift to occur.

luvgracy I imagine that if you contact Loulou to discuss your concerns about lifting your cheeks, she can perhaps help you figure out if there are exercises you can skip. I imagine though that a good program will not change how you are and you won't morph into something that looks unlike how you would look if all muscles were toned. But to play it safe, I suggest you talk to Loulou or Carole Maggio (if it's Facercise you will do) so you get proper guidance. I have found keeping in touch with the author of the program I do when I was starting it really helped reassure me that I was on the right track and I am in my sixth year still very happy with the direction I got.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:57 am      Reply with quote
If cost is a serious issue, then Ageless and Facercise (the books only) are probably the best way to go. I prefer Ageless over Facercise, because all the Ageless exercises use resistance and there are more exercises for the cheeks, but that's just my preference. Or you could buy both books and alternate which day you do each. For example, some of the Facercise lip exercises might hit some of the top part of the marionette area better, while Ageless would imo lift the cheeks better, so alternating the two might work well. Just a thought. HTH Smile

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Just my two cents ... I'm new to the whole game of fending off aging (hopefully not too late!) and started Facercise just a few months ago. I got the DVD on the website with the mitt and have been about 70% consistent with the program. Somehow, finding 8 minutes a day is sometimes just too hard! I thought about getting the book but I'm glad I didn't. I'm just too visual to learn anything from a book!

Anyway, I can see big changes in my upper lip (used to be a smoker), cheeks and the deepest nasolabial folds anyone was ever, ever cursed with ... I think that this program can make a major difference if you do it! Just like working out, flabbiness waits right around the corner if you slack off. *sigh*

I'm a little late to this thread ... I'd love to hear what luvsgracy decided to do and how it worked out!
Lorry

Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
luvsgracy wrote:

I cannot have Botox or face "fillers" or injections right now, I just have too many sensitivities and allergies to all kinds of things.

I have seen all over the internet photos of exercise systems and exercise devices that "claim" to help this very difficult area.

But has anyone here had success?

I feel I need to build up the muscle in that area because there is quite a bit of "sinking in" in that area.

I'm using topicals, Retin-A, sunscreen, Vit. C, but it's actually looking WORSE. i think Vit. A and Vit. C is TOO drying for my sensitive skin.

Also, I break out from lotions/creams, so I can't use something like Eluage, I've tried.

I can use gels that are oil-free or oil-free serums maybe.

however, I really need to build up those muscles in that area, but can't afford a lot of books and videos, I'm pretty broke during this recession.

I could afford one book or one DVD .

But which exercise really works? How do you build up those muscles where the marionette lines are?

Hi There

I have been using the device Facial Flex and it works. Give it a try and see if it helps you lower face - It will take a couple of weeks to see some results but keep going and be sure you follow the directions to a "T" Lorry
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I've relied on facial exercises from 2002 to support facial skin and eliminate/reduce facial lines. Lifestyle plays a role in skin condition as well.

I just posted this blog on facial exercises:

http://www.skinremodelingdiy.com/blog/facialexercisesdotheywork

Best regards,
HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |