Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Laser hair removal on neckhair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I've heard that it's possible to remove neck hair with a laser. Any experiences with this? I'm trying to shave my neck hair every week, and I want to save some time. I already have a lot to shave in my face:).
hkr888
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I've done laser hair removal on my face and the technician stops under the jawline. She doesn't continue to the neck because she said that the regrowth will be thicker and since my neck hair is not very noticeable I don't mind it.

I don't think laser removal is working too well for me though, as i've been doing it for a few years and i still have regrowth which is thick and long on my face! Sad
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
A girlfriend of mine didn't like the hair she had on the bottom of the back of her neck (didn't like it when she wore a ponytail). She had it lasered off about 2 years ago and it has not come back.

So I don't see why it wouldn't work for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
hkr888 wrote:
I've done laser hair removal on my face and the technician stops under the jawline. She doesn't continue to the neck because she said that the regrowth will be thicker and since my neck hair is not very noticeable I don't mind it.

I don't think laser removal is working too well for me though, as i've been doing it for a few years and i still have regrowth which is thick and long on my face! Sad

What's your skin type? The lighter skin you have the easier laser removal works.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I thought that it's more to do with the hair colour rather than skin colour as to how well it will work.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
The laser works better on light skin and darker hair, or atleast this is what I have been told.
I am light with dark hair and extremely hairy due to PCOS and I have had laser on full face and under chin. I would persume it would work on that area. You do need to keep in mind that when hair growth is caused by a hormonal condition and can take alot longer to remove. I had approx 15 treatments done and along with a medication I take it worked 95% with the remaining 5% of area only growing very light brown, sparer hair back. I have been very happy with this considering my condition.
I am about to go back and have 3 final treatments I had paid for a while ago due to not following my medication for 2 months and starting to pluck a few chin hairs which was not the greatest idea.
I have really rambled on here so I apologise and say just give it a go and talk to the clinic first.

HTHS:)
mandylimks
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:35 am      Reply with quote
i heard that laser will make ur skin get thinner and sensitive.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I think as long as the hair is dark you will likely have success with laser removal. But if the hair is very fine it doesn't always work as well. I think its worth consulting a couple places about it.
hkr888
5% products discount

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:
hkr888 wrote:

What's your skin type? The lighter skin you have the easier laser removal works.

I have medium to fair skin, and my hair is dark. I have found that laser hair removal works better on my arms and legs than on my face.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |