Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. H "Day" Creams
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question:

Dr. H only makes day creams as they believe your skin should be left bare during the night. Do any of you use these during the night time anyway? I can't bear to go to bed without my night cream, and have been using the rose cream during the night.

Any comments?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes wrote:
I have a question:

Dr. H only makes day creams as they believe your skin should be left bare during the night. Do any of you use these during the night time anyway? I can't bear to go to bed without my night cream, and have been using the rose cream during the night.

Any comments?

I'm with you. Can't imagine not doing my nightly routine. Do you know the reasoning behind why the Dr. H. line recommends this. Very interesting.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's because skin does it's regeneration at night and it needs to 'breathe'. Also, the Dr. H philosophy is to teach your skin to produce the right amount of oil, not to make it dependant on constant moisturizing. I use Dr. H a lot, and I personally go to sleep bare-faced. I spritz the toner on at night and that's it (except for my lip balm, gotta have that on at night!!) My skin looks much better since I started with Dr. H, so I am pretty happy. But I must add that I am naturally oily, so not having cream on my face at night probably wouldn't affect me so much.

Oh, and it's a lot easier on my pillow. Smile
Mabsy

Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:59 am      Reply with quote
I usually do use a cream at night except for when I'm doing the 28-day course of the Rhythmic Night Conditioner. I'm using this at the moment (6 days to go!) and the only other thing I use at night is an eye cream.
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am planning to purchase a Dr. H moisturizer. I really want to support EDS, this forum has been truly awesome. Since moisturizer is next on my list I have been checking out the Dr. H products.

Has anyone used more than one of the offerings and found they have a preference? I can't decide between them.

Thanks
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I use the normalizing day oil since I have oily skin, and it helps to control the overproduction of oil. If I get any dry spots I use Quince Day Cream, which I prefer over the Rose Day Cream (don't care for the smell of roses, and it's a bit too rich for me since my skin is never very dry) and the Moisturizing Day Cream (too liquidy).

The company itself recommends Rose Day Cream for dry, sensitive skin; Quince Day Cream for normal, dry, sensitive skin; Moisturizing Day Cream for normal, dry skin; Normalizing Day Oil for oily/impure skin.

Have fun deciding, and I'm sure you'll be pleased with your purhcase. Very Happy
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks,
I am not using the whole Dr. H skin care system at the moment, just trying out different products. So I will stick to using a nightcream for a while. Espcially with a very cold Alberta wintering right around the corner!!! -52 anyone???? That was our all time low last January.

But in my opinion Rose day cream is the pefrect night cream for harsh winters and dry sensitive skin.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I have combination skin, DR H rose cream at night during harsh cold weather is perfect! I even use it in the daytime when it's really dry and cold outside. I actually like the scent of it...v calming and soothing

Also, I would like to recommend Decleor essential oil (I use the rose type at night and Neroli in the morning) in place of a night cream, sometimes, I just use this rose oil alone, feel so gd and balanced~~ very pleased with it! Surprised

I really want to try Dr H toned day cream though, anyone tried it yet? Wink heard that it is an alternative for a tinted moisturizer, bid concern for Dr H day creams is that they never come with a SFP. I realized that they provide another whole range of suncare products, anyone tried it and any comments? Thanks for sharing ~~~~
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |