Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best serum for hydrating a dehydrated+oily+acne prone skin??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
twdollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm running out of my serum that i got from my spa...and i'd really like to try another hydrating serum cuz i think it helps (?) lol..

please recommend me ur favourite serums for hydration=)

im currently using boscia's clear complexion kit..

thanks so much~~
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
envision beauty= the solution!
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am also looking for a hydrating serum for oily, prone to acne, but at the same time dehydrated mature skin. Any suggestion?
I read on the review board and interested in Kate Sommerville hydrating serum now. But I am not sure if it is good to mature skin, too.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Oh well! For hydration, 24 hr hydration for me Elizabeth Grant serums which you can purchase at shopnbc. Great product line. Check the reviews. Good winter time products (or anytime).
dilemmas
5% products discount

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder ANR serum~ it's very easy to absorb
eraseunavez
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Hydra B5 (Skinceuticals or Cellex-C)
help
5% products discount

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have suffered from cystic acne and dry skin most of my life. Last year I began using Skinceutical Feulic Acid Serum before my moisturizer and makeup as recommended during a facial. I can tell within a day or two if I don't use it. The skin around my mouth gets very dry and flaky. It is expensive however. Average cost online is approx. $130 a bottle. The bottle lasts me approx. 45 days using 4-5 drops daily over entire face. Good luck!
kayanl
5% products discount

Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hyaluoronic acid worked wonders for me.

Age 22 - Dry sensitive skin, acne prone with pre rosacea. My HG Products: Emu Oil, Green Cream, Hyaluronic Acid, Neutrogena sunblock with helioplex, Everyday Minerals, and a healthy low carb diet. My Blog: Knowing Shopper - Makeup tips, reviews, and deals for people with sensitive skin - http://www.knowingshopper.com
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
I like Philosophy when hope is not enough serum. This serum is moist enough for me to use even in winter, and it could minimize the pore on my face very effective! Although I have used it for only half a bottle, the result is already so obvious.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
HA & with a some carrier oil, there are tons of options. I get mine from garden of wisdom. I'm very acne prone and kukui oil is great for me.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I want to thank you all for the suggestions. I am using a Hyaluoronic acid serum, but it seems not hydrating enough for me for a whole day. I feel dry on my face in the afternoon. So I am looking for a hydrating serum which could last for a longer time.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'd love to hear responses on this b/c I think this is what happens to my skin in winter. My complexion actually looks better in summer w/ all the humidity in the air.

If you use an HA serum, I 'believe' you need to use some product on top of it so it sucks moisture into, not out of, your skin.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
same problem here, my skin are very very dry, and I am looking for a serum too~
anyone can help?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe instead of a serum, you ought to look for a lightweight lotion. From personal experience, while HA is great for hydration, you really need something on top to "seal in" the moisture, otherwise my skin gets really dried and tight. I like to use 1 drop of jojoba oil and spread it over my entire face while it's still wet from the HA serum. HTH!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Bluewave
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Try San Soucis's Deep Moisture Depot. Its really very moiturising serum. I've tried several brands, and i really like this one, because the hydration stays.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:23 am      Reply with quote
carmina wrote:
I want to thank you all for the suggestions. I am using a Hyaluoronic acid serum, but it seems not hydrating enough for me for a whole day. I feel dry on my face in the afternoon. So I am looking for a hydrating serum which could last for a longer time.

You would need to use it with a carrier oil and even possibly another moisturizer on top.
WCSmurfette
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for hyaluronic acid; it never cause me any problems. Smile
evangelia
5% products discount

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I studied a lot in order to find a good hydrating serum of lotion for oily & acne-prone skin. I'd like to hav a bottle of oil-free serum whcih supplies water for my skin. I've heard that Cosme Decorte Moisture Liposome is perfect. I will purchase one.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Oh well! For hydration, 24 hr hydration for me Elizabeth Grant serums which you can purchase at shopnbc. Great product line. Check the reviews. Good winter time products (or anytime).

I second this, I love so much from the EG line but these serum are so light, but super hydrating!!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Jojoba Oil... It is most akin to our own sebum and has wonderful moisturizing properties. It can actually help an 'oily' skin to produce less sebum naturally, because it fully absorbs, and can trick your skin into recognizing it as your own, thus producing less oil itself.

Wonderful stuff for all skin types...IMHO.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Phyto or Is Clinical Proheal Serum followed by Hydracool. At night you could top it with a night cream for more hydration.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
How about something from Avene? Their creams hydrate well and hopefully the relatively simple ingredients won't cause reactions.
Lei
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I've also been looking for for my product, read the introduction, I would like to find my product. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |