Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for facial mist recommendations...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for a new mist to use during the day at work. With the super dry air of winter coming - not to mention the stifling over-heating of Japanese offices and shops - my skin begs for misting 3 or 4 times a day.

I would prefer something without a lot of parabens and with no fragrances (by that I mean added perfume, not aroma oil smell).

This is not so significant but if it was a mist where you could do one pump, hold it down, and the product comes out continuously rather than pump, pump, pump style (anyone know what I mean?).. I find this gives a much more even and lighter mist to the face than the regular pump bottle style.

Anyway, I am thinking of Decleor

Quote:
FRESH HYDRATING MIST with Essential Oils and Essential Waters
The ultimate product for a burst of freshness any time of the day, suitable for all skin types. With Lavender and Petit Grain Essential Oils, Orange, Kiwi and Sweet Clover Essential Waters and Oak Extract.

BUT I am open to any suggestions anyone else has. During summer I was using Thalgo Reviving Marine Mist Pure Vitality, but the fragrance was way too strong. I have the La Mer mist, but at the price I have no intention to replace it when it is finished (mine came in a Christmas kit last year)
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tim

Theres only one mist out that that is absolutely amazing - and now we have lots of people whove tried sircuit, theyll definetly tell you the same:

Sircuit's Molecular Mist!

Its so moisturising, and smells divine, like lightly scented coconuts Smile . As soon as i tried a sample i ordered the double size, although i should warn you its absolutley pricey, and that when you order you may be liable to receiving free samples, which will send your credit card crazy !.

theres a couple of wesbites you can buy it from,www.weightlossandskincare.com andwww.sircuitskin.com. i think the former may be cheaper but doesnt offer the double size which i got a cracking 20% off.

Good luck with your decision!

farouk
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I just use Rose Water in a spritzer bottle. Smile
Mabsy

Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Rosewater sprays are nice. Jurlique makes one that comes in a spray bottle but you can also get rosewater from the chemist (no spray bottle though). Also there's the Evian spray (which is a continuous pressurised spray) which is quite good and very refreshing in summer.
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I was gonna suggested Jurlique Floral Water (Lavender or Chamomile); or La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water (the one I use occasionally) which is anti-free radical, soothes and decongests the skin Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Oh good grief! That Sircuit or whatever it is called is more expensive than LA MER!!!

I find the plain water sprays are not enough for me, but I might find a high-grade rosewater to try perhaps. Thanks!
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:29 am      Reply with quote
i've been using jurlique's chamomile floral spray for awhile, and quite like it for periodic sprays through the day. the spray contains (among other things) quince, which gives it a bit more substance (ie. hydrating properties) than a floral water which might be just water+flower oils.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
sircuit stuff IS pricey, but it is also really nice! I may try the JI one next and see which I like best, though the JI one would have to be pretty good!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Guess what I just put in my purse to take to work tomorrow to combat the dry air and my skin feeling tight........

Rose Hydrosol. This is so nive to mist over your face throughout the day. Dermalogica Multi Active toner would also be great for this.

Take Care
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I think you'd love your initial choice of Decleor Fresh Hydrating Mist . This is the replacement for the one they discontinued which was Decleor Arome Floral Moisturizer Spray and is the one I keep at work for a quick spritz. Like you, my skin screams for hydration throughout the day and this has worked wonderfully. As soon as my can runs dry I'll buy the newer product. The 6.7 fl oz can is really much larger (size of a can of hair spray) than you'd think so it lasts quite a while. The newer product has slightly less product (5fl oz), but the can would still be quite large.

edited: because I really screwed this post up! All fixed now!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:36 am      Reply with quote
As nice as the sircuit sounds, I will wait a bit I think and go for the Decleor one. I might give a nice rose water a try next summer, but for winter I want something a bit "meatier" LOL

Thank you again everyone! As usual, great help!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've only tried the Jane Iredale D20 Hydration, but it feels very refreshing. Sorry, but I don't remember what I paid for it, so don't know how it compares with the others on price.

It contains water, ylang-ylang flower extract, chamomile, extract of mhyrr, sodium pca, olive leaf extract, grapeseed extract, and potassium sorbate. Pretty awesome ingredients and it feels good!

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Tiger...if you want something meatier, how about mixing rose hydrosol with some of the pure Hyaluronic acid you can get (dianayvonne do one) and some drops of rose otto? or different hydrosols and oils to suit?

...I'm gonna try that I think! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Omigod! I just bought a spritz bottle of FIX+ from MAC. It is a good size bottle for only $12 and it is a miracle spritz. You can spray it over a full face of makeup, including lips and everything, and it just makes everything look dewey and freshly applied. I have really dry skin here in Colorado and no matter what my foundation always looked cakey. I tried everything and was in MAC and randomley discovered this. I LOVE IT! I don't know how I lived without it for so long. It has lots of "vitamins" in it - that's what the salesgirl told me, and it has a nice clean smell and makes my skin feel so nice, and my skin is pretty sensitive. I recommend it, big time.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I order the mist from the Body Deli YUM. Have not received it yet but will let you know how I like it.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Maura Lynch

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Zazu --- well, how could I have missed FIX+ ? You do recommend? I'm having a terrible time with this transtional season. My face feels chapped around my nose and smile lines.

Will it help?

Miss you.
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Maura! Imagine my delight to discover your response after checking in with EDS after a far too long absence! Yes, I find FIX+ to be a miracle product that solves my long standing problem with cakey/flaky looking foundation. It might only be a miracle to me - but at $12 a bottle I think it's worth a try. I'm going to hop off EDS and email you right this second!
Love Zazu Wink
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Jurlique Rosewater is a good choice with great soothing effect. Shu Uemura and RMK have a wide range of choice of facial spray with different scent and suit different skin type. For spa water.. Avene is the best. Of coz others like Vichy, Evian, Biotherm also have the same kind of product.
Mabsy

Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say that my current fave is now Thalgo Reviving Marine Mist - smells lovely and it's lightly moisturising.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor, Darphin and Caudalie

Did

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious, but I've been eyeing MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxidant Rehydrating Spray a bit lately, and I was wondering something.

Does anyone use these mists as toners? I tried a few mists before and they never absorb. Just sit there. Could I spray these onto a pad instead?

Thank you! (sorry to hijack this thread)
Mabsy

Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I have used mists as toners. I just spray my face and lightly pat in with my palms. Voila! Smile
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |