Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Recommend perfect coral/peachy shade blush for tan skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have been on the hunt for the perfect shade of blush and can't seem to find one. My skin tone is VERY tan. To give you an idea, when purchasing foundations I usually have to get the tan or caramel shades. Thanks in advance!
michelle411
5% products discount

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
nars makes the perfect blush 4 u and believe it or not it's called orgasm. it's the perfect universal shade 4 all skintones!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I have tried that one, but unfortunately it was too light for me. It was not flattering. Thank you for the recommendation though Smile.
havana8

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
You might find some good suggestions here:

Any recommendations for a peachy/pink creme blush?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28383&highlight=peachy

best peachy blush?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19999&highlight=peachy

Smile
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:52 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
You might find some good suggestions here:

Any recommendations for a peachy/pink creme blush?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28383&highlight=peachy

best peachy blush?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19999&highlight=peachy

Smile

Thanks a lot!
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Alima mineral make up and I actually really liked their blushes.

http://www.alimapure.com/roi/772/Mineral-Cosmetics-Cheeks/Luminous-Shimmer-Blush/

Sugar Rose is very popular and I also like Dianthus. Also check out Guava!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it's peachy enough but I remember playing with Nars Dolce Vita and thinking how great it would look on darker skin.
havana8

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
hey... is Julie Hewett included in the EDS Summer Sale? If so, she has some really lovely blushes/cheekies.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/julie-hewett-cheekies-p_7588.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/palettes-m_581_589.htm
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for the recommendations! I will look into both of these.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I use a peach blush from a Japanese brand called SANA MAIKOHAN blush

It comes in 2 colours, pink and peach. I am using the peach right now and I love it!! There isn't too much shimmer to it and looks really natural on your cheek. You can also control how dark you want your blush to be. It's my absolute favourite blush of all time!!

It also comes with a little kabuki brush for you to apply it on your face.

You can see a review here
http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2008/07/sana-maikohan-blushes.html
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I second Havana about Julie Hewitt - There is a natural and a peachie color in her blush line and they are spectacular. natural is one of my all-time favorites

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know - do you get the sale price AND your EDS discount???? That would be heaven... especially if JH is on!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 am      Reply with quote
OMG how could I have missed a blush thread?! Laughing

I'm tan, too, and am loving BB Coral - it's corally peach (or peachy coral? Confused ) on me. I also adore MAC's Mineralized Blush in Love Joy for that peachy glow. I wouldn't have picked it up myself - it's described as brown on the MAC website and it looks brown in the pan but on my skin it's a gorgeous peach. I'm glad I let the SA try it on me without my seeing the blush first.

Another one of my fav peach blushes is Alima Melon but I am so oily I have to keep reapplying.

HTH some!

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:51 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
OMG how could I have missed a blush thread?! Laughing

I'm tan, too, and am loving BB Coral - it's corally peach (or peachy coral? Confused ) on me. I also adore MAC's Mineralized Blush in Love Joy for that peachy glow. I wouldn't have picked it up myself - it's described as brown on the MAC website and it looks brown in the pan but on my skin it's a gorgeous peach. I'm glad I let the SA try it on me without my seeing the blush first.

Another one of my fav peach blushes is Alima Melon but I am so oily I have to keep reapplying.

HTH some!

Thanks for the input, I actually am wearing Love Joy right now Smile. It is a beautiful shade. I will have to check out BB Coral.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
I have been on the hunt for the perfect shade of blush and can't seem to find one. My skin tone is VERY tan. To give you an idea, when purchasing foundations I usually have to get the tan or caramel shades. Thanks in advance!

I have read that MAC "Cantaloupe" is perfect for tan skin. Its only available in a MAC pro store or online maybe.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=94177/Cantaloupe/MAC/Blush

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
Thanks for the input, I actually am wearing Love Joy right now Smile. It is a beautiful shade. I will have to check out BB Coral.

Isn't Love Joy just a lovely shade? It's not browny brown like a bronzer, but a really nice warm peach, like a natural flush that comes from underneath your skin. And the sparkles from the mineals don't show up that much, either (if at all). Just a nice natural peachy glow.

Glad you like it Very Happy

I'm sure you will love BB Coral, too. Smile

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:16 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
kdd2411 wrote:

Isn't Love Joy just a lovely shade? It's not browny brown like a bronzer, but a really nice warm peach, like a natural flush that comes from underneath your skin. And the sparkles from the mineals don't show up that much, either (if at all). Just a nice natural peachy glow.

Glad you like it Very Happy

I'm sure you will love BB Coral, too. Smile

I do agree, it really is a nice color. The only reason I am still searching, is because it comes up more pink on my skin tone. That is the only thing about really tan skin, products always show up different on you.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:28 am      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
...I do agree, it really is a nice color. The only reason I am still searching, is because it comes up more pink on my skin tone. That is the only thing about really tan skin, products always show up different on you.

'it' meaning MAC LJ? Shock I hope BB Coral shows up peach on ya! I looked up the Cantaloupe vonstella suggested, I hope that one works for you. It does look lovely.

kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:40 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
'it' meaning MAC LJ? Shock I hope BB Coral shows up peach on ya! I looked up the Cantaloupe vonstella suggested, I hope that one works for you. It does look lovely.

Yes, the MAC LJ. I looked up the BB Coral online and color is gorgeous. I may go to Sephora and try it out before buying it.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for all the recommendations. I actually found MAC mineralize blush duo called light over dark. It has a blush on one side and the highlighter on the other. It is a beautiful color and would look lovely on any skin tone.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Okay the lemming has awoken... I gotta check this out!

Thanks for sharing!

kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:49 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Okay the lemming has awoken... I gotta check this out!

Thanks for sharing!

It really is gorgeous! You can check it out on the MAC website. I plan to buy another to stock up since it is limited edition.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I remember seeing it on the MAC website but now this and all the other Grand Duos blushes are gone!

I must go to a MAC store this weekend!

kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
I remember seeing it on the MAC website but now this and all the other Grand Duos blushes are gone!

I must go to a MAC store this weekend!

Oh no! I know my MAC store was sold out. Guess I will have to look around and try to find it.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Bobbi Brown's Coral color creamy blush should be a good try.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |