Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Palo Via At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:15 am      Reply with quote
how does the Philips ReAura compare as to the jules of the palovia? Stronger?
chabang
5% products discount

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 am      Reply with quote
The reviews on EDS on the Palovia helped me bite the bullet and purchase. Just wanted to give my feedback on the gadget. Even though it's only approved for the eye area I also used it in a few different areas as others. My eye wrinkles are really not a concern for me...I'm more obsessed with these new wrinkle 'creases' on either side of my mouth. For the NL wrinkles, the device did nothing for me except cause long lasting redness. It DID give me a slight improvement around my eyes and if I had deeper wrinkles there, maybe I would have an even more dramatic improvement. It did nothing for broken capillaries around my nose and maybe even made them a bit worse. I've stopped using the Palovia completely over 2 weeks ago and the redness is still present but VERY slowly resolving. So, although I think the Palovia does improve wrinkles around the eye area, the tradeoff of the maintenance plan (twice weekly use) would give me constant redness so I've decided to return the device. It's certainly worked wonders for others though!
Maze

Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
My first post in EDS Site. Great website!
For those who are skeptical,I will never look
35-40 again,despite what my spouse insists!!
However,by regular use,my eye wrinkles DO
Diminish. They are softer,less defined and the milder lines do flatten. So after spending over $4000.00on laser, Silkpeel microdermabrasion I decided to save the rest of my hard earned money and purchase safe,home based spa tools. So if you got the credit/money and want to be proactive-GET IT!!! Thanks,Maze
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
how does the Philips ReAura compare as to the jules of the palovia? Stronger?

I would like to know the same, but it appears that Philips ReAura looks more promising.
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I have both and like the reaura much more because the palovia leaves you with rad marks, and for me red marks under the eyes. Looks like dark cirkels for a while. The reaura gives you a healthy glow the next day, no red marks. after a few weeks you can see the pigment coming out and than leave your face, i never saw this with the palovia. It treats your hole face, not only a few spots. With the palovia you have only a few shots and often it dit not work, than you have to wait a day to do it again. So faster and more even results from the reaura for me. I did not have any results from the palovia.
Sorry for my englisch (nederlands)

cherry
Demeris
5% products discount

Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I finally caved and bought the Palovia a couple of weeks ago. I'd love to hear from those of you who've had it for a while whether or not you've had lasting results. Thx

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:56 am      Reply with quote
reposting for way2muchmakeup

way2muchmakeup wrote:
Hi all, as a member who has never posted, but reads EVERYTHING! I'm wondering if I should keep using my Palovia in addition to my Obagi regimen? My under-eye wrinkles are terrible! I look like I'm 75, (I'm 54). Flaking and peeling horribly which I expected and will deal with. I was going to try the Hydrate but think it will probably delay results?? Also, should I use Elastiderm Eye Cream? Help!!! Any info will be greatly appreciated!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
reposting for way2muchmakeup

way2muchmakeup wrote:
Hi all, as a member who has never posted, but reads EVERYTHING! I'm wondering if I should keep using my Palovia in addition to my Obagi regimen? My under-eye wrinkles are terrible! I look like I'm 75, (I'm 54). Flaking and peeling horribly which I expected and will deal with. I was going to try the Hydrate but think it will probably delay results?? Also, should I use Elastiderm Eye Cream? Help!!! Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Hi waytomuchmakeup, I don't use or have either the Palovia or Obagi but from what I have read about them I would not use both of them at the same time. I would think it would be way too much for your under eye area to take. Hopefully someone who has used these 2 things will chime in. Good luck.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I have just noticed that Groupon is offering a deal on 'factory refurbed' Palovias for 299.99. 1 yr parts and labor warranty and free shipping. Just over 13 hrs to go as of this post.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Just ordered a Palovia (brand new) on eBay. $299 with free shipping, beats the $499 on Palovia's website or even $435 on Amazon.

Should be here late next week. I'll report after using it.

I'm in my early 30's. I don't have heavy wrinkles around my eyes, but I tend to smile with my eyes, so since I was a little kid my eyes have always crinkled. And even when I'm not smiling now, you can see the lines. Again nothing too bad, yet. Hoping the Palovia will help keep them at bay and maybe even soften them.

Anyone else have the Palovia?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Got may Palovia in the mail last night.

Although I could tell it wasn't used at all (as advertised) because all of the plastic seals were over the laser window and screen, I'm a little upset because the product was manufactured in May of 2011, which means it's been sitting unused and idle for about 2 years.

I know certain batteries degrade after not being used for a while so hopefully I don't have any battery issues down the road.

I opened it up, charged it for two hours (as it says) and did my first treatment last night.

To be honest, I was expecting more pain. I see a lot of people saying that it was pretty painful. I consider myself to have a high pain tolerance so to me it was actually a good feeling. To know that I'm doing good for my under-eye area also makes the sensation not an issue at all. It's almost like a more intense pins and needles feeling, but nothing that I can't handle.

Right after the treatment I wiped off the gel and applied argan oil and later on a little bit of aloe on top. I read a lot of info about argan oil significantly reducing redness and dryness after the Palovia. Redness and that slight "sunburn" feeling peaked about 2 hours after treatment and before going to bed (about 5 hours after treating) my redness was completely gone.

Did another treatment this morning (about 5 hours ago) a little more redness today. It's probably because I did two treatments within close proximity. On the weekends I'm going to use in the AM and weekdays PM. I can also see the tiny stamp marks when I look up close. Nothing that a little bit of under-eye concealer can't hide.

I can't share any results obviously yet, because I have only done two days out of the recommended 30, but I can honestly say I am glad that I purchased this laser.

It seems like a legit device that will definitely give results if you use it properly and diligently. Very well built and professional looking.

So I now have the Lightstim for wrinkles, a Clarisonic, a D'arsonval and now the Palovia. I am proud to add Palovia to my "arsenal".
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Did my 3rd treatment since getting on Friday.

I must say, even though it's obviously just the temporary plumping effect, my wrinkles are softening. Redness sticks around for about 4 hours after treating. After zapping, I am in no pain except for maybe the first 30 minutes after and the pain is very minimal almost nonexistant. I apply every hour after treating and before bed, argan oil/avocado oil and a little bit of aloe, followed by a heavier cream right before bed. I can definitely see the tiny pink/red stamp marks, although only close up. Under eye skin does have a very light sandpaper feel which actually doesn't bother me and is softened up by the oils I am applying.

I love using this thing. I feel like I'm operating my own medspa lol. It honestly just feels cool to operate this and I do think this device is doing something to my skin. Time will tell. Proud of my purchase. Would I buy this for $500? I don't know, but I am pretty happy that I got an unused one for $300. I guess sometimes it pays to find out about things late. Although I'm sure many at home lasers will be released in the next few years.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:

Although I'm sure many at home lasers will be released in the next few years.

There have been a couple more released since the Palovia. There's the Tria and the Philips ReAura. You can read about them here - both are excellent devices.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=46507

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=44054

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
EC413 wrote:

Although I'm sure many at home lasers will be released in the next few years.

There have been a couple more released since the Palovia. There's the Tria and the Philips ReAura. You can read about them here - both are excellent devices.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=46507

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=44054

I know I've heard about both during my discovery of the Palovia. Unfortunately both aren't available in the US but I'll be interested in either one, once they are accessible to me. Smile The palovia is all I can get!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Got 5 treatments on one charge and the battery still had some life left! Pretty good considering they claim it will only give you 3-4 (I use on medium, maybe that's why).

I'm really amazed at how quickly the redness goes away. Ill admit sometimes it stings and looks pretty messy under my eyes for about an hour (maybe 2) but after it subsides my skin bounces back to normal with maybe a light pinkish tone. Maybe it's the oils that I reapply religiously after zapping?

Love this thing. Five treatments down, no complaints. Eye area actually looks good after redness goes away. This thing really packs a punch. I know it's no professional laser but for an at home model it's substantial enough.

Wish I could do my whole face, can't wait until USA FDA approves the ones that are sold elsewhere. At that point I will have gotten my use out of the Palovia and ill sell it on eBay and get a more expensive one. Smile
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:09 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Got 5 treatments on one charge and the battery still had some life left! Pretty good considering they claim it will only give you 3-4 (I use on medium, maybe that's why).

I'm really amazed at how quickly the redness goes away. Ill admit sometimes it stings and looks pretty messy under my eyes for about an hour (maybe 2) but after it subsides my skin bounces back to normal with maybe a light pinkish tone. Maybe it's the oils that I reapply religiously after zapping?

Love this thing. Five treatments down, no complaints. Eye area actually looks good after redness goes away. This thing really packs a punch. I know it's no professional laser but for an at home model it's substantial enough.

Wish I could do my whole face, can't wait until USA FDA approves the ones that are sold elsewhere. At that point I will have gotten my use out of the Palovia and ill sell it on eBay and get a more expensive one. Smile

Hi EC, thanks for the updates. I've got a Palovia as well and find it did help the eye area. But I noticed that after a week or so of using it that the red welts didn't completely go away by morning. It kept getting worse over the remaining days. I finished the round of treatment, but found my eye area was pretty red by the end. I had to use heavy concealer.

Hope it works for what you need! Keep us posted.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:46 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
EC413 wrote:

Hi EC, thanks for the updates. I've got a Palovia as well and find it did help the eye area. But I noticed that after a week or so of using it that the red welts didn't completely go away by morning. It kept getting worse over the remaining days. I finished the round of treatment, but found my eye area was pretty red by the end. I had to use heavy concealer.

Hope it works for what you need! Keep us posted.

Thanks for replying Shasta. You're not the only person I heard that from (about the persistent redness). Luckily I haven't had any redness the day after using but ill let you all know how I am after a week (2 more treatments). I think the key to this thing is to listen to your skin. If redness sticks around maybe stop using and treat every other day? I also use it on medium. I always thought I had pretty sensitive skin too but it's responding well to the Palovia. I guess certain gadgets aren't for everyone. I'm definitely a fan! Also I'm incorporating my lightstim and using it the next morning, my under eye area is looking good.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Well over one week with the PaloVia, still to early to speak on it's effectiveness however my skin isn't getting AS red and irritated as it did the first few days. Most signs of redness are gone by morning and my periorbital skin seems a little tighter. One thing I noticed, if the device is less than half charged, the zaps don't seem as powerful. Maybe that's not true it just seemed that the zaps feel stronger after a fresh charge. I love it however. I have a ReAura coming in the mail and I think I'll keep the PaloVia to use strictly under my eyes.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Dang, I cranked the power up to level 3 and it actually hurt much more than level 2, and the redness seems more intense. Also I noticed that my periorbital wrinkles look WORSE right after doing the treatment, but after an hour or so, and once the skin calms down, the lines clear away.

My under eye skin looks amazing (once the redness clears). I don't have heavy lines under my eyes yet (I'm almost mid 30s). But I also tanned A LOT from my early teens to my early/mid 20's, and I use to smoke. So I feel my skin is probably a little more aged than your average 34 yr old. And my fine lines are mostly from my eyes crinkling when I smile, been like that since I was a kid, but I'm pretty confident the PaloVia is significantly reducing the lines around my eyes. The lines appear when I smile but when I rest my face, they seem to disappear! When I look in the mirror, it's almost like my eyes have lost about 5+ years off of them. This is after 10 treatments. Wonder how my eyes will look after the first month.

It's amazing to own a product that actually gives results. I've used countless eye-creams, anti aging serums, etc. And they are good as far as moisturizing goes, but don't do ANYTHING for lines. It's such a relief to know that I'm finally doing something to my skin that is reversing aging.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know why the Palovia is unavailable everywhere? I already own one but is there a bad reason as to why its no longer for sale?
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:37 am      Reply with quote
The Palovia covers just litle spots while the Reaura slides over all your face. So the Palovia is givving you red blocks all over your face.the Reaura is more even.
chery
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:54 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
The Palovia covers just litle spots while the Reaura slides over all your face. So the Palovia is givving you red blocks all over your face.the Reaura is more even.
chery

Yes, because the Palovia is only FDA approved for periorbital wrinkles aka around the eyes. Technically you aren't supposed to use it anywhere but around your eyes. Thankfully I have both Palovia and Reaura. I use Palovia in between Reaura treatments, just under my eye area.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have a gently used Palovia I'm going to sell. PM me if you are interested. It did help with my eye wrinkles, but I've got a ReAura now as well and don't need both.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
I have a gently used Palovia I'm going to sell. PM me if you are interested. It did help with my eye wrinkles, but I've got a ReAura now as well and don't need both.

I was gonna sell mine, but then thought since I already have it, I mine as well keep it. I think the Palovia is better than the ReAura for the under eye area. You can obviously target that area with the ReAura, but I think the Palovia is better for just the periorbital wrinkles. So I kept mine for just that reason.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Does anyone know why the Palovia is unavailable everywhere? I already own one but is there a bad reason as to why its no longer for sale?

My thinking would be that the Palovia has been superseded by the ReAura and Tria technology - both of these devices are much easier to use and are more effective than the Palovia. Also, IMO the fact that the Palovia is recommended only for the treatment of the peri-orbiatal area is just one of those FDA "quirks" (for want of a better word!)

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |