Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Go Smile Touch Up Smile Perfecting Ampoules 30 Count - Green Apple (30 ampoules) Pür Minerals Correcting Primer Redness Reducer - Green (30 ml / 1 floz) Donell A+Q10 Cream (2.5 oz)
Palo Via At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser!

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
EC413 wrote:
Does anyone know why the Palovia is unavailable everywhere? I already own one but is there a bad reason as to why its no longer for sale?

My thinking would be that the Palovia has been superseded by the ReAura and Tria technology - both of these devices are much easier to use and are more effective than the Palovia. Also, IMO the fact that the Palovia is recommended only for the treatment of the peri-orbiatal area is just one of those FDA "quirks" (for want of a better word!)

I was thinking this too, however many of the sites say "out of stock/item on backorder - will have next week" so I don't think it means they are stopping production. If palovia ever felt that it was being superseded I think they would just cut the palovia price in half, however its still selling for $499 (I got mine brand new on eBay for $299). Maybe they are currently planning on a price decrease or something for the holidays or because competition devices are emerging. I think the palovia works great which is why I'm keeping it along with my reaura. It does a good job of really targeting the eye area, which is what ages you the most. My bottle of palovia gel is still 95% full but I should order another bottle just in case the palovia is done!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Just as I suspected, the Palovia is back on Amazon and other beauty sites, still $499!!

If anyone is looking for one of these go on eBay. I got mine brand new for $299.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow looks like Palovia is out of stock and maybe discontinued? Anyone know what's going on?

I have one, and I haven't used it since getting my Tria, wonder if I should hold onto it or sell it on eBay since there is a shortage? Lol. Wonder if the Palovia stopped because other competitors like ReAura and Tria popped onto the market?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Just updating: I ended up selling my Palovia on eBay. I purchased it back in 2013 for $299 and sold it for $370 almost a year later! What a deal, huh? Like Keliu said, I think that Palovia is no longer being made because of the Tria and ReAura. You can still find Palovia on eBay. I found the device nice, but no longer necessary after I got the Tria. And I didn't like the lasting redness and track marks that seemed to take a while to dissipate.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still using my Palovia and I have the Tria. I just can't get under my eyes with the Tria. Since I don't have any wrinkles there I don't use it that frequently but I'm keeping mine and using it until it dies.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Nikossmile wrote:
I'm still using my Palovia and I have the Tria. I just can't get under my eyes with the Tria. Since I don't have any wrinkles there I don't use it that frequently but I'm keeping mine and using it until it dies.

I almost kept mine for that very reason, my problem was that I already have Lightstim (wrinkles), ReAura AND Tria laser. So I wanted to get rid of one of my devices (I got overwhelmed lol), and the Palovia seemed like the best to sell. I do think that it worked, but I just hated that marks left behind. Definitely packed a punch, though. And I was so happy to actually MAKE money on the device, by selling it for more than what I purchased for. I think because it's no longer being sold, that it worked out in my favor.

5% products discount

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Good you to make some $! I don't always have time to use my Tria and my NuFace but I'm still looking to add to my arsenal also. The Palovia manages to get right under my tear duct, getting rid of most of my millia (don't know why I care I'm sure no one notices but me).
Kmjjjb

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I need some big time help for the crepey skin under my eyes. I don't know if I should buy a Tria laser or PaloVia off ebay. Any recommendations are appreciated. Do they work similarly? Will I get similar results especially for under my eyes?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kmjjjb wrote:
I need some big time help for the crepey skin under my eyes. I don't know if I should buy a Tria laser or PaloVia off ebay. Any recommendations are appreciated. Do they work similarly? Will I get similar results especially for under my eyes?

I recommend the Tria, simply because it can be used all over the face. Palovia is no longer manufactured, Tria is still around and has great customer service (in my experience).

Palovia was a great device, however I think the Tria would overall be more beneficial.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! I'll take your advice!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just got apalovia used from eBay... Price was ok now I am very excited but scared Can you please giv e mesons advise on using bit ? Why I canot use it all over my face

Thank you guys ...need a bit o courage to start using it lol
ShastaGirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:27 am      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
I just got apalovia used from eBay... Price was ok now I am very excited but scared Can you please giv e mesons advise on using bit ? Why I canot use it all over my face

Thank you guys ...need a bit o courage to start using it lol

Start at the lowest setting and see how your skin reacts the first couple days. Move to higher settings as you tolerate it well. The highest setting does sting a bit, but was tolerable for me.

Sometimes there is trouble getting it to zap if its not making good contact with the skin. If I recall correctly, there are EDS forum postings with suggestions for this.

You can use it on other areas, I did. But you only get 25 zaps then it shuts off. 25 doesn't give you many to cover other areas. I tried it around my mouth. I thought it did a better job around the eyes. Hope it does what you need!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:26 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl thank you Smile
I don't expect any miracle but I know that evry bit of "work" done daily will keep me in a good shape ,,, I turned 50 this year and I am pretty happy with my skin ...oh well around the eyes not so Wink
I started to take care of my face atound 45 when I discovered this forum ..I wish I did it before .
Thanks for the encouagement once again big hug
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Weleda Plant Gel Toothpaste (75 ml / 2.5 floz) Payot Design Ultra Lift Remodelling Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Go Smile Touch Up Smile Perfecting Ampoules 30 Count - Green Apple (30 ampoules)