Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Palo Via At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Cuddles wrote:
Keliu,
Thanks for your input. I am using a balm but I am still experiencing these side effects. My skin is usually quite hardy so I am surprised at the severity of the reaction.

Well we can only hope that the "severity of the reaction" means that it's doing something. Having a salon laser treatment is really quite dreadful - so suffering is part of the process. Having said that though, this is a home use device and is supposed to be much less invasive. The videos that I watched said that some redness and swelling is normal. But you don't want to be re-zapping areas that are becoming painful. Better to be safe than sorry.

What about trying some Aloe Vera Gel on the irritated areas. That's what I use after an IPL.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:19 am      Reply with quote
For two days I went over the same areas. I am red and dry in those areas. I moved the zapper over a bit and will do that area again today. I don't know that it is smart to do the same area and have when that area so dry and red over and over everyday. I am going do the same area twice and then go to a new area. I am doing my N/L folds. I did the crease of the N/L area for two days and last night moved off the crease and more to the cheek. I will do that tonight again. Then work a little more toward the cheek and down to the jowls. See how that goes. Is anyone else using this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I am still waiting for mine in the mail. The posts regarding the extended redness are worrying me, not sure now if I should have gotten it!

My skin right now is in really good shape, not sure if I want to risk it due to the side effects! (don't mind if the redness fades, but if it keeps up for some people that worries me) Smile
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure of course, I have done these treatments for only 4 days. But I am thinking that this laser feels like derma rolling. Same out come after use. When you roll you do not use on the same are over and over again. Do you?

5% products discount

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:46 am      Reply with quote
This is my 4th treatment and I am very red and it looks like I am bruised . I am using it on the eye area I have a very tiny little line on the side of each eye, I hope this works. I also think it feels like the derma wand in a way, when it zaps.
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I've got mine but I'm scared to use it..lol Bad Grin
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Day 8. Red marks and dry skin. When looking closely at the red marks in the magnifying mirror, I can see a grid like pattern of bumps. I bought some Dermablend to cover up the marks. I don't know how much longer I am going to continue with the treatments.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I plan on doing my first treatment tomorrow night. Just wondering, because there are issues with redness etc., that using every other night would be better at the beginning of the treatments?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am doing my N/L folds and I move the laser out from the folds down to my jowls. I do this 2 days in a row and move it out towards my cheeks and down. See how that goes. I did a treatment on my lips this morning. That hurt. Your upper lip area is very sensitive. It was like doing a derma roll on that area. I do not have redness on my lip area though. I do have swelling (just a bit) I know that when I roll, my face gets bloody, red and swollen. I assume this does the same thing, probably deeper than a roll. I will stick with it. I know from reading and research that it takes time to build collagen and this will take time too. My cheeks are red, but not as red as they were the first time I did this. I think the redness is a sign of something happening deep in my skin. Time will tell.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
... I did a treatment on my lips this morning. That hurt. Your upper lip area is very sensitive. It was like doing a derma roll on that area. I do not have redness on my lip area though. I do have swelling (just a bit)... I think the redness is a sign of something happening deep in my skin. Time will tell.

Sherry- I need to use the laser closer to my lipline because when I treat my liplines I am not getting close enough to my lips. At least the redness is a good indicator.

I am concerned that my lips will bleed- not a good thing with this cold, dry weather. Although I may regret it, I will try it later. My lips are on the thin side so a little swelling might be a good thing.

Are your lips sore? Did you use the laser on the high setting on your lips? Do you intend to do your lips two days in a row?
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Jonny - I used this on my lips close to the lines. At times the blue light did not come on. I will use it again on my lips. My lips are not sore neither is the rest of my face sore. Just dry and warm. I feel it. No pain. When I did the laser on my lip area, it was uncomfortable. I am impressed with the reaction this has given me. I would not be impressed if it did nothing. So.. having said that. I will continue and report back here. It takes time for change to happen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking that heavy artillery is required to fight off the redness, dryness, and irritation.

So, "Bottom Butter" it is! Otherwise known as "Rear Schmear".
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Maybe some mango butter~I love the way it makes my skin feel. This laser sounds like it may be able to give some results in the long run~if I get it I might try using on the couple of spider veins I have on my legs.
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
There's no edit button but wanted to add that some users are posting reviews on the QVC forums also
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
All the reviewers at QVC say it packs quite a punch - there's nothing like a bit of torture to get my juices flowing!! I'm starting to get interested in this thing - just wish someone would comment on how well it works on broken capillaries.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am still waiting with baited breath to hear how much it improves all those lines! It's very tempting to jump in, but I tend to wait then go for it! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am watching you folks with great interest ... I am such a gadget freak! I know that IPL treatments beat me up pretty badly, but overall the effect was worth it.

Would definitely like to hear a report on whether this works on spider veins... if it does, I am buying it!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I used mine tonight for the first time. It is very strong, I am quite surprised.

Not sure what to think! I was prepared for redness, which faded in about an hour, but not prepared for red welt like areas!!

I used it on high, next time will try on low. Around my eyes I had red raised areas, same rectangular size as the lazer, looked awful!! It has been about 2 hours, they are fading, but I can still see some raised areas!!

I am worried to use it again . I used it on low setting on nasolabial areas, which look better than around my eye area where I used it on high. For sure you could only use this at night, hopefully by morning everything is back to normal. Smile
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Cuddles , do you still have the raised red welt like areas? Are you still using it daily? I have only used mine once, I am not sure if I should continue, lol!! Smile
jancb

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi—I have been watching this thread with great interest. I bought one of these devices from QVC too…I haven’t used it yet because I have a couple of business trips coming up and want to wait until after that. I’m a little apprehensive about using it now reading about redness/welts issues…

In any case, I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about using it on acne scars…I have a couple of spots on each cheek—small pitted areas. I’m thinking that if the device helps to build collagen it should work…also, my eye issues are underneath my eyes—not crows feet—any thoughts about using it under the eyes? How about on eleven lines?

Thanks for any advice—I promise that I will report back on results once I start using it (if I can build up the courage that is)…

Jan
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:52 am      Reply with quote
jancb wrote:
In any case, I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about using it on acne scars…I have a couple of spots on each cheek—small pitted areas. I’m thinking that if the device helps to build collagen it should work…also, my eye issues are underneath my eyes—not crows feet—any thoughts about using it under the eyes? How about on eleven lines?

Thanks for any advice—I promise that I will report back on results once I start using it (if I can build up the courage that is)…

I don't own one of these devices - yet! But I have had numerous IPLs and one laser treatment and can tell you that lasers are routinely used over scars and wrinkles (including the under eye area). I don't see any reason why this device couldn't be used on those areas as well. I realise that it is mainly promoted for use on the peri-orbital area, but I think that has something to do with FDA clearance. Lightstim is promoted in the same way and that device can certainly be used all over the face.

Don't any of you have a broken capillary that you can zap??? I'd love to know how it works on those - because they usually respond instantly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Don't any of you have a broken capillary that you can zap??? I'd love to know how it works on those - because they usually respond instantly.

I would love to know this one, as well! I would buy it in a heartbeat if it worked on broken caps!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I would love to know this one, as well! I would buy it in a heartbeat if it worked on broken caps!

Broken caps and lip lines? Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:37 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Broken caps and lip lines? Bad Grin

Absolutely! - but the lip lines will require collagen stimulation. Broken caps zapped with a laser usually disappear before your eyes - if this device was able to achieve that, it would certainly say allot for its effectiveness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:57 am      Reply with quote
When I have had IPL's or laser treatments, I get red welps or raised areas (especially when the settings are higher in these areas). So does my hubby when he has an IPL. So to me when I hear the reactions, it makes me think it is more like an IPL and that it is working. You don't get that kind of reaction from a simple LED hand-held device.
I too am watching and wondering about the caps,
that would make me buy it. I could do my face and my hubby's! Fun-filled Friday nights!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |