Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Palo Via At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I believe Keliu's on the right track. I know that the skin takes about 30 days to go through a regeneration cycle. Multiple regeneration cycles may be required to see the full effect.

I think what happens is that the manufacturers start touting the results that show 90% of the people see wrinkle improvement in 30 days (that's one of the claims from the PaloVia clinical study). I guess "improvement" could be somewhat subjective. Plus I think what is interpreted as improvement is sometimes just residual swelling. However, these types of claims get many of us looking for the same results.
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with Keliu and Shastagirl. I had an agressive Active FX laser treatment a couple of years ago and the Doc and the literature all said 6 months for full effects....and that was aggressive!!

I finally did my 2nd treatment tonight on the low setting and BIG DIFFERENCE! I was red right after but it's already mostly faded after 2 hours...no welts and no swelling this time.

I just hope the low setting accomplishes something!! I raise my glass of red and say, Here's to Hoping!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I have had this for approx 3 weeks and have used it on one part of my face or the other everyday and sometimes 2 times a day. My face is so dry, red, and abused I had to stop for a day or two. I have used it on my N/L area, my jowls, upper and lower lips, eyes, cheeks, and recently, where my 11's would be. My N/L area is tender and dry and the skin area looks like it has been stamped with an iron. I can not tell if that area has changed. My lips have no lines and am very pleased with the out come there. My eyes look the same. They were never bad. I just needed a break from the zapping. If you were only doing your eye area.. and doing this everyday. You eyes have to feel the same way as my N/L area. Your eye area is more tender than the N/L area. So, I can not imagine using this on that area over and over again everyday. It isn't a big area to use for 25 stamps. Boy. Time will tell with this zapper. I have these tiny little red dots on my face like it has be pricked with a pin. Even when you do the derma roll you take a break. My face needed a break. It is red and hot, dry, chapped, and needs some down time. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I have to say that my 11's and the area above looks like I had botox. Last night was the first time I did this area. Looks great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone using retin A with a PaloVia? Not at the same time, of course Bad Grin, but a couple hours after?

When I watched the PaloVia webinar, they said you could still use retin A, but with red, chapped skin, I'm wondering how well it is tolerated?

I'm now a whopping 3 days into my treatment. I see some smoothing of wrinkles, but I'm sure it is just from the swelling. I've got some red, flaky spots. I'm using it around eyes (my eyes were in pretty good shape to begin with), on lip wrinkles and on some wrinkles to the side of my mouth (not really NLs, more like smile lines).
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering the same thing Shastagirl. I was going to try it tonight.

How often do you use your retin a normally? I only use it a couple of nights a week alternating other nights with CP's.

I know my derm told me I could use my retin a leading up to a fraxel treatment, just to expect more downtime but with better results. I don't know if that would hold true for this device or not??

I'm willing to give it a try still on the low setting...I had no redness, swelling, nothing this morning, a truly drastic difference from the 1st use on high.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
loribar wrote:
I was wondering the same thing Shastagirl. I was going to try it tonight.

How often do you use your retin a normally? I only use it a couple of nights a week alternating other nights with CP's.

I know my derm told me I could use my retin a leading up to a fraxel treatment, just to expect more downtime but with better results. I don't know if that would hold true for this device or not??

I'm willing to give it a try still on the low setting...I had no redness, swelling, nothing this morning, a truly drastic difference from the 1st use on high.

Well, I usually use retin A every other night. I'm going to give it a try tonight and see how it goes. I may need to back off to twice a week if the laser redness/dryness continues.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I know that it is recommended to use Retin-A leading up to a laser treatment. However, I'm not sure how this would work if you're zapping away on a daily basis. If it were me, I would just continue with the RA and just monitor the skin for irritation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I am trying to decide which one to buy, my skin is oily and I am 52?
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I am trying to decide which one to buy, my skin is oily and I am 52?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I have increased the level to medium the past few days. So far so good. By the morning most of the redness is gone. (I started on high for 1 day, way too high, then went to low for a few weeks first).

I wonder if you slowly increase the levels your skin gets used to it? Very Happy
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I hope that's the case lipglossdoll, cause that's my plan as well!!

Have you thought about whether or not you will go longer than the 30 days for every day use before going to the maintenance phase since we've been using it on the lower settings??

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
If you are doing just your eye area, then yes, I think 30 day and stop for a while and do maintenance. However, I am doing other areas so it will be an ongoing process. 30 days for each area. No? Then see how it goes. I will wait and how all of us guinea pigs are doing along with myself. So far so good.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it on the 11's and so far so good. Also on other areas of my face& integrating it with use of the Stop which I use a few times a week. I think for me the progress will be longer than 30 days since like someone mentioned, I'm not using it for the suggested eye area. I have it set on medium mostly, did a few zaps on high on the creepy area under my chin though. I think it's a pretty good device I'm still in the beginning process but the results I see in the 11 area~ like a botox or filler from what I've seen on pictures since I've not had either. It does sting a bit and the welts remind me of hives and go away after a few hours. I have dry skin anyway so use mango butter.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I posted this on the QVC forum.
Do you see a pattern on your face from the front of the laser? It is hard to explain. There is a flat pattern where you put the laser. Your skin has been ironed?

Do you do the same area every day, if so how many days in a row?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I see a pattern from the laser. Like little red squares that match the size of the treatment window.

I noticed on one of the pictures on the PaloVia web site that one person had what looked like a faint waffle-like pattern. It's the first picture here:

http://www.palovia.com/real-results/before-after

If you look at the under eye area, towards the left side of the eye, you can see a grid of little dots. I don't see this on myself yet, it may take longer than my 4 days of treatment to see them.

I do the same areas every day. And I'm going for the gusto - using it on High. I'll only drop back if it starts to look too disgusting. So far, it's ok - red and dry for a while, but the aloe and oils I've been putting on seem to help.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
loribar, I think I will go to maintenance mode after the month is over, even though I have not been using it on high. I will see when the time comes.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I returned my device on Tuesday (due to a rising number of excessive interrupts followed by the blue light not coming on even with full contact) and should receive the new unit Friday, tomorrow. My last eye treatment was Mon eve and it was my 5th treatment on high. I was red and puffy the day after each treatment. I was more proactive after a couple of days with anti-inflammatory applications the morning after which began to reduce the puffiness.

What do you think about using anti-inflammatory products during this process? Do you think that they interfere with collagen production or are they more superficial and do not negatively impact collagen production?

It is Thur eve and the puffiness is greatly reduced (have not used laser since Mon) but my skin is still red, not as red, but red. Any body else experience persistent redness? Maybe there are only a few of you at the maintenance point right now? My skin seems firmer in the treatment area.

I do FE and massage and dermaroll in the lower eye area and I know that these stimulate my skin. I think that at a minimum the laser will make my skin stronger under my eyes.

Vitamin A and C are recommended to promote collagen production associated with dermarolling and I think that the same concept would apply here. I am using retin A a couple times a week and retinol nightly with a C serum in the mornings.

When I use makeup to cover the red, that is when the dots show, the laser marks.

I also have used this on my "1" and combined with a frownie, I thought that this reduced the appearance of that line.

I will start my nightly process again tomorrow night. I look forward to seeing any results although I do look a little ragged in the mornings after treatment. I think that with time, my skin will get used to it and not be so puffy/red?

HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
loribar, I think I will go to maintenance mode after the month is over, even though I have not been using it on high. I will see when the time comes.

Lipgloss, I do have the markings on my face as that in the linked picture. Does anyone else?

Hydro, I too use it on my 11's and it is working like a charm. That area is looking great. Red but great. My face is red and hot. I will continue to work on my face. One area in the evening and another in the morning. I am doing my N/L, lips, jowls, eyes, and the 11's . I am red and with out make up look a scary.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Boy, that waffle weave pattern looks like my results after an IPL for the first few days for sure.
Has anyone noticed any differance on the broken caps yet or rosacia?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:09 am      Reply with quote
hydrogeogirl - on the anti-inflammatories, I am using an oil mix that contains some oils known to be anti-inflammatory. I'm guessing that the oils only help with the surface irritation and since the laser is penetrating deeper that it's not influencing anything in the dermis. It does seem to be making the redness and dryness somewhat easier to deal with.

Has anyone noticed any red dots? I have one now on my upper cheek (under the eye area) that wasn't there before. I thought it was blood at first, but it doesn't wash away. I hope it is not a new broken capillary. It's the size of a pen-point.

AnnieR - I've not been able to use on the broken cap I have. It's too close to the inner eye and I can't position the laser properly to get it.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I had a small cluster of red dots--bloody looking but below the surface--after one treatment. I skipped the next treatment and they went away. I am avoiding that spot for the time being.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I definitely have the red dots. Especially around my upper lip area and cheeks. I just started doing my eyes. It looks like blood. Could be burn mark. What do you think it is?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am just over 2 weeks of use now. I am currently on medium setting. I am red and swollen in evenings after using it, but by the morning swelling and redness is gone.

After I use a good moisturizing serum/cream, (Immunocologie cream, also volumizing cream from Lierac. Maybe this is helping with the redness, ect? Smile
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I definitely have the red dots. Especially around my upper lip area and cheeks. I just started doing my eyes. It looks like blood. Could be burn mark. What do you think it is?

For me, I don't think it is a burn, I'm guessing it is a spot where the laser penetrated and it bled. I'm going to follow Cuddles' advice and avoid that spot for a few days and see if it goes away.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |