Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Palo Via At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:53 am      Reply with quote
retiree58 wrote:
did you have to buy extra gel as it only last 60 treatments??
april

I've not bought more gel so far. I still have quite a bit left. I might explore a DIY option once this tube is gone.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

True to their word, after unexplainable interrupts I shipped mine back on a Tues and had a new one by Friday. The new one works great!

I do my periorbital area at night. One pass on each eye and I use all 25. I have some static wrinkles but I am hoping to soften my dynamic crows feet. I want to keep my eye skin firm so that it looks like the rest of my skin and have worked on this for years with pretty good success. I have lots of crows feet when I smile, but when I am not smiling my skin is good.

In the morning, I use all 25 under my chin. I have tightened my neck muscles and now I am trying to remodel my chin and neck skin. The red is not noticeable.

My skin gets super red and is not dry but scabby or sandpapery. This is challenging to deal with.

I have used the laser on my skin 30 minutes dry and 1 minute dry and the results have been the same. I use the laser on my eyes in the evenings then just before I go to sleep I apply green tea tincture and use a red/infrared LED, this reduces the redness but does not get it all. Then I apply fresh aloe vera gel, then traumeel that has arnica in it and it is very healing and then raw avocado oil with oil soluble vitamin c.

The next morning I apply aloe vera gel and use an ultrasound to reduce the swelling. Then I apply traumeel, raw avocado oil with oil soluble vitamin c, and then regular creams. Then I apply concealer. And of course sunscreen. My largest wrinkles are exacerbated and the concealer shows the little dots from the laser. I am a little self conscious, but after two weeks of nightly use, the red scaly look is beginning to feel normal. No really, it takes me more time to get ready in the morning trying to deal with the redness and keeping things lubricated. I am not used to using concealer but I will follow the entire program faithfully.

I wanted to mention that the best thing for my undereye bags (well first its Flex Effect for the long run) is lymphatic massage. LM has done more to reduce or practically eliminate under eye swelling or bags for me than green tea bags, creams, dermawand, or ice.

This feels as strong as rolling with a 1.5 mm dermaroller, but it is faster and less painful but the effects feel similar. I have done 3 years of 6 dermarolling treatments per year and feel like microinjuring your skin helps keep it strong, firm, and thicker. Sometimes the results aren't noticeable for six months. The results are subtle but apparent none the less. My point is that I believe that the microinjuries caused by the laser are also bound to make our skin stronger with time.

I use the oil cleansing method OCM and find that it helps eliminate peelies. So, I rub the oil in for quite awhile around my eyes and can feel it dissolve some of those dead skin flakes off.

How are you all doing and what stage are you in?

HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I came across this on eBay, I haven't tried it
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Laser-Relief-Cream-2-0-OZ-Calms-Redness-/130481082829?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item1e614751cd
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:16 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
I've not bought more gel so far. I still have quite a bit left. I might explore a DIY option once this tube is gone.

The Palacia website has a conductive gel:
http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=50

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:40 am      Reply with quote
The PaloVia gel is mostly oil based. I'm not sure if using a water based gel would cause issues (maybe burns?)

Here are the PaloVia gel ingredients:

Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Propylparaben

I'd prefer to use a different oil than mineral oil. Any thoughts?

For those of you that have had professional laser treatments, what do they use?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
The PaloVia gel is mostly oil based. I'm not sure if using a water based gel would cause issues (maybe burns?)

Here are the PaloVia gel ingredients:

Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Propylparaben

I'd prefer to use a different oil than mineral oil. Any thoughts?

For those of you that have had professional laser treatments, what do they use?

I think you may be right. I found one ultrasound gel on which it said "Not to be used with laser devices". But I also found this one which is for IPL - but it doesn't give any information or list the ingredients.
http://www.angelbeach.com.au/ipl_laser.htm

ETA: Just a thought: - the information for the STOP RF device says that you cannot use ultrasound gel with it either. This question needs some further investigation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:12 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the laser for about one month now on my nasolabial folds and lip lines. I use it on the high setting and I have missed a few days.

First, it doesn't seem to make any difference if I use it immediately after washing my face or if I wait to use it. In both cases my face is dry before I apply the gel and use the laser.

Second, I am getting less redness and the peeling, flaking, dry skin issue is basically gone. I am no longer getting any swelling. My upper lip lines are no longer getting red however I still have pink nasolabial folds. I can cover this fairly well with makeup.

Third, it is working!! My nasolabial folds are significantly improved. They are not at all as deep as they were. I'm not so sure about the lip lines. They may take longer. They have a sort of tight, crinkly look to them. My lip line is more defined. It is easier to line my lips.

Although I am at the one month usage point, I am going to continue to use the laser daily.
retiree58

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 am      Reply with quote
so glad everyone is relating experiences daily with great detail. I used the laser yesterday and had huge red spots and the low setting still is quite intense mostly around my eyes. So now AM I use it on my frown lines, upper lip area. PM used it around my eyes. I find that putting aloe vera gel after takes the stinging away and easily covered with makeup the red areas.Will continue to give daily results. I have taken lots of before photos and excited to see the 30 day mark.
April
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this for a little over a month now. I have used it mostly 2x a day on different parts of my face. My eyes, lips, n/l folds, cheeks, jowls, and 11's. It is a work in progress. I continue to use this almost 2x a day, because the area's I use it on can not be accomplished in one day. So I do a rotation. I do my N/L folds, and eyes's one day. The next, my lips and 11's, and so on in a rotations. My N/L folds are looking better, as are my jowls. My lip lines are gone. My 11's are better but I do have botox in that area. I am hoping to not have to have that again. I paid 600. for my lip line filler. So, if I don't have to do that again because of this laser, I have paid for it. My eyes look good. I can say that everything is improving. I am pleased and will continue to use this until I have done a rotation of 30 days for all areas. Then I will back off. It is a work in progress. I know it takes time to accomplish what this laser touts. Just reporting my progress.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:13 am      Reply with quote
OK my eye areas have large red like burn welts..today...day 2..
I only used the low setting and its really hard to get the spots all uniform as our eye areas go in and out..when it starts the 3 second process even on low my eyes sting...is this normal..
I put on aloa vera gel after...
my frown lines are slightly red with my above lip lines. I did one area in the am and eyes pm..
how long does the red last and should I give my eyes a rest day?
thanks April
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I have been using this for a little over a month now. I have used it mostly 2x a day on different parts of my face. My eyes, lips, n/l folds, cheeks, jowls, and 11's. It is a work in progress. I continue to use this almost 2x a day, because the area's I use it on can not be accomplished in one day. So I do a rotation. I do my N/L folds, and eyes's one day. The next, my lips and 11's, and so on in a rotations. My N/L folds are looking better, as are my jowls. My lip lines are gone. My 11's are better but I do have botox in that area. I am hoping to not have to have that again. I paid 600. for my lip line filler. So, if I don't have to do that again because of this laser, I have paid for it. My eyes look good. I can say that everything is improving. I am pleased and will continue to use this until I have done a rotation of 30 days for all areas. Then I will back off. It is a work in progress. I know it takes time to accomplish what this laser touts. Just reporting my progress.

Sounds like you are having some success - congratulations! I don't know whether I've said this before (I probably have - I'm at that age now when I repeat myself all the time!) But when my daughter went for her salon laser treatment, she said the nurse (who was in her 50s) looked incredible. She asked what she did and the nurse replied that she just did frequent laser treatments - she had no Botox or fillers in her face. My daughter said her skin was very smooth and youthful looking.

Obviously, only celebs can afford frequent laser treatment because they're so expensive - so maybe this home device is going to be a real winner - I certainly hope so!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
This may sound like a silly question - but does zapping the upper lip hurt the teeth? I know that I've always found IPL to be very unpleasant in that area when I've had it in the past.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm due to have major dental work done - implants etc, so I'm wondering whether using the PaloVia on the top lip after I've had the dental work might be a no-no.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, my experience using the laser on upper lip lines has involved no sensation or affect on my teeth whatsoever....I haven't had any recent dental work, but I would say I have sensitive teeth.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've have a dental implant for a few years and haven't had a problem using the Palovia or even the Stop near it so far~knock on wood.
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
yes!! maby i now what causes the interuptions, i had only had 2 out of 25 for the last couple days, i mailt with nordstrom and i could get an exchange, today i tried again and pusched on the batteryplace by acident and it worked, the next 24 went fine so i hope this was cossing the problem. please let it be. So try and please let me now
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have this issue, but where is the battery place you speak of?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I finally have good news to share regarding this MAD science experiment...lol! I have only been using this intermittently, not using it on nights when I have something special the next day.(I skipped 6 days for a family vacation). But, I am pleased with what I see in the mirror!!

I am using it under eyes, above eyebrows, temples, nasolabial folds, and upper lip lines. I see some lovely plumping in all those areas. If it is swelling, then it is lasting through all those skipped days! Whatever the cause...the effect is my face looks more refreshed than it has in a long time!!! Hooray. I was feeling like I looked so worn and tired before starting this and so far so good.

I'm also thrilled because when the redness, or dry laser patches, or any other bothersome side effects become more than I can take, I just give it a rest and wait till that subsides, and I'm still getting results.

Oh what will the future hold...I hope more great results for all of us!! Happy zapping my friends!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

well i'm very tempted by this device.

Has anyone noticed tightening of any kind, like around the jawline for example?

Also, has anyone who has botox or fillers noticed that they diminish using this laser? I have read alot on the web that says lasers don't effect fillers, but I just wondered if anyone had experienced this?

thanks

Jackie xx
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Jackie, I use this around my lips and am happy to say that I no longer need to use filler on my lip lines. That is a good thing. I don't use it there everyday and my lip lines have not shown up again. I will continue to use this on my face. I believe it will work in the long term. It takes time to build collagen. I am on my way. my eyes look better, my 11's look great. I have had botox there and my 11's are not back yet as it has been a while since I have had it there. I have not even used my safetox in a while either. I am just concentrating on the laser right now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Today is the last day of my daily month long trial. Now I will go to twice a week usage. I have been using it on high the past few weeks, skin is so red, am glad I am going to only twice a week now. Thankfully it eventually fades and makeup covers it !! Very Happy
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Any results, liglossdoll???

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I am kind of nervous and concerned with the redness and kind of welts.I am going into week 2 and dont want scarring. I read that it takes time like a month to finally get rid of the dead scaling skin and redness.I do have scaling and dry skin too..
But mostly have had nice blemish free skin in my life but now getting wrinkles so not used to having redness and dry flaking skin. Should I lay off for a day?
Any words of wisdom for those over 1 -2months?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Will see when the redness fades, ,lol!! Very Happy
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:15 am      Reply with quote
All who are using this gadget. What is your skin care regimen while using this? Do you do the same as usual? I ex-foliate and moisturise as well as putting a base of vit. c serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
At 1am last night I pressed the "Buy" button. I suppose it was inevitable. But the Aussie dollar is so good at the minute that I thought I'd better take advantage of it (that's my excuse anyway)!

I'm not really concerned about my upper face. Yes, I have crows feet but they don't really bother me. It's my lower face that's my issue. The area south of my nose is heading further south. So I'm mainly going to concentrate on that area. I'm starting to look a bit prunish around my mouth and I hate my marionette lines and jowls.

Seeing as no-one has given any feedback on treating broken capillaries, I will be the guinea pig for that.

I think I'm going to approach this I as did my salon laser treatment and follow a similar protocol. Which is, using Retin-A to prep the skin and after the laser, keeping the area "wet" with something like Paw Paw Ointment.

I'll report back after I've used it. BTW, the buying experience from Nordstroms was very smooth and easy.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |