Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Palo Via At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Seeing as no-one has given any feedback on treating broken capillaries, I will be the guinea pig for that.

Yea! I was hoping you would cave and try this for the broken caps! Can't wait to hear your review. Very Happy
retiree58

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
What should I use to exfoliate the real dry skin I am getting from the treatments..just those areas??
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
At 1am last night I pressed the "Buy" button. I suppose it was inevitable. But the Aussie dollar is so good at the minute that I thought I'd better take advantage of it (that's my excuse anyway)!

I'm not really concerned about my upper face. Yes, I have crows feet but they don't really bother me. It's my lower face that's my issue. The area south of my nose is heading further south. So I'm mainly going to concentrate on that area. I'm starting to look a bit prunish around my mouth and I hate my marionette lines and jowls.

Seeing as no-one has given any feedback on treating broken capillaries, I will be the guinea pig for that.

I think I'm going to approach this I as did my salon laser treatment and follow a similar protocol. Which is, using Retin-A to prep the skin and after the laser, keeping the area "wet" with something like Paw Paw Ointment.

I'll report back after I've used it. BTW, the buying experience from Nordstroms was very smooth and easy.

Congrats on your new purchase! Hope it arrives quickly. I'm dealing with similar issues - sag in the lower face. I've now completed day 23 of the every day zapping. I do see some improvement in the fine lines - but it could be swelling.

The areas I am treating are red and barely covered with concealer. I think your idea of keeping the area moist is good - especially in the later weeks of treatment. I've been trying to keep mine moisturized and I think it helps the dryness.

By the way, there was a post, just today, on the QVC PaloVia thread where someone mentioned it was helping one of their broken caps.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
retiree58 wrote:
What should I use to exfoliate the real dry skin I am getting from the treatments..just those areas??

I wouldn't use anything too rough. You don't want to irritate your skin any further. You could try a microfiber facecloth (don't be too aggressive with it). Or even OCM or olive oil - massage in it for a few minutes and then wipe with a warm wet cloth. The oil may help loosen the dry bits.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:40 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
retiree58 wrote:

I wouldn't use anything too rough. You don't want to irritate your skin any further. You could try a microfiber facecloth (don't be too aggressive with it). Or even OCM or olive oil - massage in it for a few minutes and then wipe with a warm wet cloth. The oil may help loosen the dry bits.

As far as all the crusty dry skin that results from a professional laser goes - the advice is to keep the skin wet, to not let it dry out. It will eventually all drop off of its own accord. Now, obviously, if we are going to be using this device everyday, then that means on-going crusty dry skin. But as I said earlier, I'm going to try and keep the skin super moisturised by applying Paw Paw Oinment directly afterwards and during the day using oils and tinted moisturiser.

BTW, I went back to the doctor today for my second round of Sculptra. I told him that I'd purchased the PaloVia. He knew all about it - so I asked him if he thought a home-use laser was going to be worthwhile or just not comparable to a salon laser. He said that, in general, he felt that laser treatments were the way to go. He said he had a high regard for laser technology used for skin rejuvenation. Apparently, he has a colleague in Brisbane who has done allot of research into this technology - and his opinion is that it's very effective. He said that using the laser over the areas that I've had injected with Sculptra will be very beneficial. I was quite surprised by his positive response because I thought he'd say that nothing would be as good as a salon treatment.

Before my Sculptra treatment I was sitting there looking at the B&A's of various treatments. The most impressive photos of patients who had had success with laser had all had multiple laser treatments. Therefore, I think it's important to be consistent with the PaloVia - at least we're not shelling out thousands of dollars.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Okay Keliu-
I am now watching your results so I will need your "official" posts once you have used this and put it to the test.
I have been on the fence, so if it works for you in those areas I am in. You and I have the same concerns in the lower jaw area.
My eyes and crows feet are good since I had my upper and lower bleph, so the lower is my focus.
Good Luck and I am rooting for you (us).
I have really been enjoying everyone's trials and tribulations with this machine. It seems to be a cost-effective at home treatment that may actually deliver results. That is a nice change!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just an update. I am now in maintenance mode. I last used the laser Monday am, will use Thursday again. The redness is pretty much disappeared today.

Granted, my skin is in pretty good condition. Just turned 40. I have to say though I am blown away by the results!! I had a few fine lines starting around eyes, esp. Left eye (being a side-sleeper and on tummy as well). Also, very faint nasolabial lines just starting. (probably only noticable to me, lol!). The fine lines around my eyes are pretty much gone, also I do not see faint nasolabial lines. as well. When I smile I still have lines, but much less noticable.

I am excited to see how skin my looks at the 6 month to year mark of using the laser. Very Happy
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

does this laser help with skin tightening?

thanks

Jackie xx
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to hear that Lipglossdoll! So this experi has definitely been worth it for you. Since I'm also a Canuck, perhaps I can expect the same! I'm using the Ageless Secret Gold very soon so don't want to mix everything up but I have to say the idea of zapping myself is very appealing. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Glad to hear that Lipglossdoll! So this experi has definitely been worth it for you. Since I'm also a Canuck, perhaps I can expect the same! I'm using the Ageless Secret Gold very soon so don't want to mix everything up but I have to say the idea of zapping myself is very appealing. Very Happy

I'm hoping that the ASG along with the Lightstim and PaloVia provides a triple whammy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:19 am      Reply with quote
lol Keliu...and why not? Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
What is the ASG

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
What is the ASG

Ageless Secret Gold http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39478&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to give the ageless gold and mineral lamp a try too.

My skin looks pretty darned good, even if I say so myself, lol! The only new items I have been using is the palovia laser, immulocologie skin line , also slendertoneface. Not sure if it is just 1 item or combination. Very Happy
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yea! Lipglossdoll!! I'm so happy your routine is working for you.

I don't want to get too off topic here, but thinking about combination therapies...I read today about an FDA clearance for a new Tanda system that will deliver five-times greater power than the existing Tanda products.

There was a quote from Michael H. Gold, MD, "Having the Tanda Professional Rejuvenate red light home-use device is a wonderful addition to those wanting to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes with the most advanced hone light source available. The device provides high-powered and safe treatment for skin rejuvination that effectively enhances collagen and elastin production while improving dermal moisture."

I'm thinking this combined with Palo Via might be a real win-win. They said the company Syneron expects commercialization of the product in the second half of 2011...pretty vague. But, I'll be watching for this one!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder in what way the Pro Tander will be different to the current model. Anyway, I definitely intend to use my Lightstim after a PaloVia treatment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I had a hunt for this last night, and on one site this was advertised as an "at-home fractional laser" (I had one pop at a fractional CO2 with a surgeon and the results were nil).

As I'm in the UK, is there anywhere I can get this, preferably via Paypal? The Palomar site says "US orders only".

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
As I'm in the UK, is there anywhere I can get this, preferably via Paypal? The Palomar site says "US orders only".

I'm in Australia and I ordered fromwww.nordstroms.com - very smooth transaction.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Keliu Smile I'd prefer to use up my Paypal funds, though. There was an ebay seller with one a few months back so I've emailed them.

I know nobody has been using the Palovia for long, but how do you think it would compare to Tripollar STOP? I'm assuming both of these items would be touting similar results.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Thank you Keliu Smile I'd prefer to use up my Paypal funds, though. There was an ebay seller with one a few months back so I've emailed them.

I know nobody has been using the Palovia for long, but how do you think it would compare to Tripollar STOP? I'm assuming both of these items would be touting similar results.

They're different technologies though. I still use my STOP but can't really say I've had any results from it. Basically, RF (STOP) is for skin tightening and the Palovia is for skin resurfacing (Fraxel). Both are supposed to stimulate collagen production though.

The PaloVia does sound like a more aggressive treatment than the STOP.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again Keliu..that makes sense. I am really starting to lust after this gadget. The only thing that puts the dampener on it are the problems some QVC reviewers are having, reliability-wise. Hope it's not a widespread problem.

A couple of questions, if anyone knows:

What would I use to power the Palovia? I'm in the UK and read that a transformer isn't needed. Would an ordinary US/UK plug-in travel adaptor do? (It's a mini-USB connector apparently, the same as my phone..wonder if that means I can charge it up via my PC/netbook!).

Does the Palovia only have a limited life like the Tria hair remover laser? The Tria has an estimated 1500 hours' bulb life, someone translated it into so many zaps, but I can't remember the number!

As for the downtime, I'm hardcore, beauty is pain Wink

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in Australia - I just presumed that you would use a plug adaptor and just stick it in the wall socket.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've just finished the 30 days of daily treatments. I do see improvement - the lines I was treating (crows feet, lip lines and smile lines to the sides of my mouth) are slightly less noticeable (even my hubby mentioned it). There is still a lot of redness and dryness. It's interesting, the redness around the eye area doesn't seem as bad as the smile lines to the sides of my mouth. My lip lines are hardly red at all and I would have thought that area would have been more sensitive.

I did notice that using retin A while on the laser treatment makes the zapped spots look redder the next day.

I move into the 2x a week treatment now. Yippee! Hopefully the redness will dissipate.
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
The biggest down side to the Palovia for me is after using it for 3.5 weeks~ and this wasn't even on a daily basis, the interruptions started happening. First it was 1-2 which started a few days ago, then today, I wasn't able to get a single pulse so I called the company and they are sending out a replacement. It had just been charged the day before, and I wasn't doing anything differently. I think they rushed to supply as many as possible, and let defective ones pass. When it arrived, I noticed a scratch/dig mark on the optic window in the path of the laser(on the inside) and think this may be at least part of the problem. Make sure you register within 30 days of getting it for real. I'm wondering if they just sent the the bad ones to QVC? Mine had been in the back-order bunch and just manufactured in December.
bunnyman
5% products discount

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how long the Palovia unit will last? Are there any replacement parts like the light source that can or needs to be replaced? Is there a counter that counts down how many pulses have been used? So, my question is what is the lifetime of the Palovia. Thanks in advance.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |