Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Palo Via At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
bunnyman wrote:
Does anyone know how long the Palovia unit will last? Are there any replacement parts like the light source that can or needs to be replaced? Is there a counter that counts down how many pulses have been used? So, my question is what is the lifetime of the Palovia. Thanks in advance.

It might help everyone if you were to contact Palomar and ask them that question. The website states this:
Quote:

How long will the PaloVia laser last? Are its parts replaceable?

How long the PaloVia laser will last is dependent on many different variables, including the manner and frequency of use. The internal parts are not replaceable; however, the PaloVia laser comes with a One-Year Limited Warranty against defects in manufacture, materials or workmanship under normal use conditions. To be eligible for service under this limited warranty, you must register your product within 30 days of purchasing the PaloVia laser.

http://www.palovia.com/skin-renewing-laser/faqs

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 am      Reply with quote
very excited about this.
how does it compare to laser treatments at the spa?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:10 am      Reply with quote
My PaloVia arrived earlier today - so I charged it up (only took two hours) and did my first treatment this evening.

The instructions state not to use it around the mouth, but as I don't really have an issue with crows feet (lets face it, you can always Botox those anyway) the mouth is my target area. I have some lip lines and prunish wrinkles.

The device is extremely light and small so is quite portable if you want to take it travelling. It's well designed and the LCD screen gives you a blow by blow description of what the device is doing.

I decided that I didn't want my skin to be too moist from the shower before doing the treatment. So pre-shower, I cleansed my face with one of those moist wipes and then swabbed the face with toner, ensuring my skin was very dry.

As recommended, using the high setting, I put a small amount of gel on my forearm and did the test shot - it stung slightly. I then put a pea sized amount of gel on my finger and spread it around my mouth, out towards the NL folds. I zapped around my mouth in no time at all. I found it useful to blow up my cheeks or to push out my lips with my tongue to create a flat even surface. I only had two "interruptions". But I found it very easy to use.

Afterwards I used my usual cleansing oils and then had a shower. My skin was stinging a little - but I'm a veteran of IPL treatments so it didn't bother me at all. After my shower, I applied my serums and did an LED treatment. The LED treatment took away the stinging and at this time I have no swelling.

I'm liking that this is quick and easy to use - because I need another lengthy skin treatment like a hole in the head.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Keliu - did you have any broken capillaries to zap?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:39 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Keliu - did you have any broken capillaries to zap?

I mostly certainly do - I'll give them a go in the morning. I have a patch of them on my chest that I'd love to get rid of.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:52 am      Reply with quote
For me it be worth the price alone just for treating the broken caps Very Happy
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am very happy with the laser so far. I am using it twice a week in maintenance mode.

Granted, I started using immunocoligie skin care line at the same time. Skin looks awesome!!

I found the first month using it daily tough though, was sooooo sick of the redness, ect. But I made it through to the other side, lol!! Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

Did a few broken caps this morning. I've decided to use the device in the morning for spot treating. It's definitely no more trouble to do than brushing your teeth.

Did the small patch of broken caps on my chest and a couple on my cheeks. The blood did not disperse immediately. The areas are now very red, but I can see that the broken caps are still there but not as visible (but that's probably because of the redness). Will continue to do this each morning and see how it goes. I can't see how you would be able to treat broken caps around the nose because the laser has to be in complete contact with the skin to be able to work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

Did a few broken caps this morning. I've decided to use the device in the morning for spot treating. It's definitely no more trouble to do than brushing your teeth.

Did the small patch of broken caps on my chest and a couple on my cheeks. The blood did not disperse immediately. The areas are now very red, but I can see that the broken caps are still there but not as visible (but that's probably because of the redness). Will continue to do this each morning and see how it goes. I can't see how you would be able to treat broken caps around the nose because the laser has to be in complete contact with the skin to be able to work.

This is where I have the worst-looking broken caps!
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Keliu wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

do you think this could work on thread veins on the legs?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Don't we all! And they are the most difficult to treat, even with a salon machine, they have a habit of returning.

However, disregard what I said earlier - I have this morning, managed to treat my nose caps. The device has a blue light which comes on to show that it has good contact with the skin. I pulled back my nose with the other hand and pressed the device strongly to the skin until the blue light was steady. Then I pressed the start button with my other hand. This is a good trick - because it's important to maintain good contact with the skin with one hand and use the other for pressing the button. I've found by doing this I don't get as many interruptions.

I also treated the caps multiple times - which is not recommended in the instructions. But I think broken caps require an intense treatment. There is no way that this device packs the same punch as a professional one. So the key is going to be quantity over quality. After only two treatments, there is a slight improvement - so I'm hopeful.

Even though I said this device is not as powerful as a salon machine - my face is quite red and blotchy and the skin around my mouth is dry. You wouldn't want to be doing these treatments if you have a heavy social calendar. Although I can cover most of the redness up with makeup. I don't have any swelling.

Henlenjean - as far as I'm aware, I think leg veins require a special treatment. I don't think that this device would be strong enough to treat them. I do have leg veins, so when I'm over the excitement of doing my face, I'll give them a go.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi

A word of warning for anyone who has purchased this laser from anywhere other than the US.

I got mine from Nordstrom 2 weeks ago and it is playing up already I can only get 2 zaps without any interupptions.I registered the laser with Palovia online and they replied that the warranty is only valid in the US so they can not replace or honour the warranty.
I had to go back to Nordstrom who do not exchange items overseas and they told me I had to reorder another one send the faulty one back and pay for all the shipping costs myself, well I wasnt happy and after many emails they are going to amend the booklet that comes with the laser so that customers buying from here in the Uk and overseas will know they are not protected by the manufacturers warranty.
So please be aware of this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:31 am      Reply with quote
the palovia interruptions are interruptions from the wires of the battery

The interruptions of the palovia are caused by the wires attached to the middle part of the battery, where the chips are located.
What you can do to solve the problem is to put a folded cotton patch between the battery and its cover to create enough pressure on the middle of the battery. This worked for me. This way the battery is in better contact with... whatever it might be. Anyways, it worked for me and I hope that this 'll solve your problem too.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have done treatment for way more than 30 days. My under eyes are creepy where they were not before. I was thinking of doing a micro roll for product penetration. Is this a good idea? My lip lines are gone and my jowls are better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I have done treatment for way more than 30 days. My under eyes are creepy where they were not before. I was thinking of doing a micro roll for product penetration. Is this a good idea? My lip lines are gone and my jowls are better.

I haven't treated my under eye area - I'm mainly doing around my mouth. But I'm finding that my skin is quite sand-papery in that area now. So I can see how the delicate eye area would become quite dry. I don't think there would be a problem using a small needle roller to get some product in there. But I've found it very helpful to use an LED after my treatment to take away the stinging. And then I apply Lucas Paw Paw Ointment and Emu Oil over the top of that. The dryness has really improved.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Man I really want this! I wish QVC would do another easy pay on it. They are selling it a few dollars cheaper but they don't offer a warranty as long as buying from the original website does.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am becoming increasingly frustrated with this device - too many interruptions. The more I use it, the more interruptions I get. I see this as a design fault. It makes treatments completely nerve wracking.

I am also not recommending this for the treatment of broken capillaries. To be fair, this device uses Fraxell technology and broken caps are usually treated with IPL. A proper IPL treatment will disperse the blood from broken capillaries in one zap - you can see it happen before your eyes. The PaloVia is not achieving that result - and I doubt that multiple treatments will do it either.

As for my eye wrinkles and lip lines - I haven't used it long enough to see any results. I'm not seeing any swelling in the areas I'm treating either and I am using the device on High. On my forehead I can see the tiny little pin-pricks of blood which the laser leaves behind - this is indicative of Fraxel, so I suppose it's doing something.

Overall, I would have been happier to pay more money for a more substantial, heavy duty machine. I think they should have designed something more along the lines of the at-home hair removal devices which are available now.

At this moment, I'm wondering if I should be writing to Nordstroms to complain about the number of interruptions. I have a horrible feeling that this is just part and parcel of this gadget.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu - There are quite a few people on the QVC thread that had trouble with interruptions. Some ended up sending it back to Palomar for a replacement.

On a typical day I get 2-3 interruptions. Once in a while I get 5-7, seems either too much gel or not enough - I couldn't really find a pattern to it. And yes, it is annoying and messes with your sequence if you are wanting to use up all 25 zaps (or more!).

I'm now 3 weeks into the maintenance phase (2x/week). Some days, I think I see improvement, other days, I swear I look worse. I still have slight redness on the spots near my mouth. The redness around my eyes seems to clear up in a day after using it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
I couldn't really find a pattern to it. And yes, it is annoying and messes with your sequence if you are wanting to use up all 25 zaps (or more!).

No, I can't find any rhyme or reason for it. I know I have good contact with the skin because the blue light is on and steady, but I still get an interruption. Sometimes I think I've found the perfect technique - and then I can't get it to work at all. It's really making me mad.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Is everybody ignoring my post about the interuptions, i bought with nordstrom myself, it can take 3 months before i could get a new one. and the schipping 100$ is for me. So i wont return and was looking too fix it. I found wat was causing the interuptions and now its doing 25 zaps again. Just wanted to help out. this is my last post here.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:26 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
Is everybody ignoring my post about the interuptions, i bought with nordstrom myself, it can take 3 months before i could get a new one. and the schipping 100$ is for me. So i wont return and was looking too fix it. I found wat was causing the interuptions and now its doing 25 zaps again. Just wanted to help out. this is my last post here.

I did try your recommendation of putting a cotton pad between the battery cover and battery - but it made no difference for me. However, I'm glad yours is working ok.

Anyway, IMO, you shouldn't have to modify the device in order for it to work correctly.

ETA: One more thing - if the problem of interruptions was due to the battery losing contact, the blue "ready" light would not be coming on.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
QVC had the Easy Pay again today so I bought one. Hope it works for me.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
chery wrote:

I did try your recommendation of putting a cotton pad between the battery cover and battery - but it made no difference for me. However, I'm glad yours is working ok.

Anyway, IMO, you shouldn't have to modify the device in order for it to work correctly.

ETA: One more thing - if the problem of interruptions was due to the battery losing contact, the blue "ready" light would not be coming on.

I too tried the cotton pad and it didn't change the intermittent interruptions. I'm beginning to think I just have a shaky hand and that causes it, cause some days are worse that others...too much caffine, maybe!!??
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Sitting on the fence, thinking of pushing the buy button. But the interruption problems is what's keeping me from pushing it.
It sounds like the fast fix worked for Chery, but not for everyone and that is a risk. Plus I hate to spend that much on something I have to shove cotton in to work!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
My last two treatments yielded 24 interruptions per treatment. In other words I was left with one shot. I have written to Nordstroms asking for a refund - will let you know what eventuates.

I'm very disappointed about this because I think the device may have potential. Where I have used it, my face is quite red. But that's another issue in itself. When you have a professional laser treatment you look frightful for maybe 5 - 7 days. When using the PaloVia you are zapping your face everyday for a month, so that's basically a month of looking red and splotchy. Not that that worries me, as some makeup covers it up.

I don't think I would advise anyone to purchase this device - too many people are reporting trouble with interruptions. The device needs modifying.

ETA: Just wanted to say that I really loved the whole concept of zapping myself stupid! It really appeals to my masochistic tendencies in the beauty department. With that in mind, I've been checking out the home-use IPL devices on Ebay (manufactured in China, of course). But how would you know what you were buying with one of those machines? How would you know how to use it properly? - Chinese instructions are always terrible.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |