Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Palo Via At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Really..I must be a fool to order something I don't have 100% faith in. Palovia should do a batch recall or some sort of announcement to reassure their customers.

I'm glad you got a replacement, Thoughtful! And you're in the UK too Smile Wonder how the Philips device fares next to Palovia, given its specs?

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Palovia should do a batch recall or some sort of announcement to reassure their customers.

I agree - I'd really like to order another one, but I'm too frightened it would be another dud. I'd really like to know what is going on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Palovia should do a batch recall or some sort of announcement to reassure their customers.
I mean Palomar, of course.. Embarassed

Can't wait to zap myself silly (assuming it works), I have a masochistic approach to skincare Laughing

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
ljk
Let us know how the zapping goes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Amazed! Got the Palovia today, the UPS delivery man said it was International Special Delivery. Some UK parcels aren't even that quick!

The smile was wiped off my face when I had to pay £63.21 customs though Sad

The back of the Palovia says "manufactured February 2011", not sure if that makes any difference.

Is an ordinary UK-US travel adaptor OK with this?..actually, scrap that idea, my mobile phone USB cable works! It'll take a little longer than the AC adapter (AC charge is 2 hours) but I don't mind.

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Had my first go with the Palovia. I was actually quite scared! The laser "nips" but it's bearable.

7 bells seem to go off. Getting the blue contact light to come on is tricky but readjusting before hitting the laser button takes practice. (Silly me thought I had to hit the button for the blue light!). I used it on High.

Had a few interruptions, but I'll put that down to me trying to get familiarised. When I stayed very still it worked OK.

Did round the eyes, between my brows and horizontals at the forehead. Think now I'll zip through it next time!

Someone on QVC mentioned Aloe Vera gel (water-based), though the Palovia gel has mineral oil in it (?)..did anyone come up with substitutes? As per the QVC thread, I'm using the gel sparingly and wiping after each zap.

Was expecting to see "dots" everywhere (like the one fractional I got from a PS), but I'm only sunburnt-looking, no welts, blood dots or anything alarming.

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Curled my toes this second time! But nothing that would make me reach for painkillers. Can see welts/stamps forming. 3 interruptions.

I'll report back when I'm further down the line, a few weeks or so.

allaboutus

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:13 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Had my first go with the Palovia. I was actually quite scared! The laser "nips" but it's bearable.

7 bells seem to go off. Getting the blue contact light to come on is tricky but readjusting before hitting the laser button takes practice. (Silly me thought I had to hit the button for the blue light!). I used it on High.

Had a few interruptions, but I'll put that down to me trying to get familiarised. When I stayed very still it worked OK.

Did round the eyes, between my brows and horizontals at the forehead. Think now I'll zip through it next time!

Someone on QVC mentioned Aloe Vera gel (water-based), though the Palovia gel has mineral oil in it (?)..did anyone come up with substitutes? As per the QVC thread, I'm using the gel sparingly and wiping after each zap.

Was expecting to see "dots" everywhere (like the one fractional I got from a PS), but I'm only sunburnt-looking, no welts, blood dots or anything alarming.

*Attention* Fraxel makes three devices, and Palovia is not the same as the Fraxel you may be thinking about.

People throw around the word "Fraxel" without actually knowing there are 3 different Fraxel devices.

Solta medical who makes the brand Fraxel has 3 different Fraxel devices! EACH DEVICE IS FDA APPROVED TO TREAT A DIFFERENT SKIN CONCERN!

They include Fraxel re:fine, Fraxel re:store, Fraxel re:pair. Fraxel re:store is what most of us think when we hear the word "FRAXEL."
It wont let me post the link here but just go to fraxel dot com /Fraxel-Laser-Products/

Fraxel re:fine can be compared to palovia. They are both weak wavelengths.

Fraxel re:store and Fraxel re:pair are stronger wavelengths and completely different from the palovia.

So when referring to Fraxel it is important to state which model "fine, store, pair" are you talking about?

Most people get re:store and re:pair done at a doctors office, not re:fine.

Palovia is NOT anywhere near Fraxel re:store or Fraxel re:pair! It is comparable to Fraxel re:fine! There is a difference!!!!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:13 am      Reply with quote
I appreciate what you are saying, however, the Palovia really can't be compared to any of the professional Fraxel machines. A professional Fraxel Laser would cost tens of thousands of dollars, the Palovia is merely a scaled down version meant for home use and costs $500.00. Nevertheless, it still uses the basics of Fraxel Laser technology but obviously at a much weaker strength - that is why it is required to use it daily.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I appreciate what you are saying, however, the Palovia really can't be compared to any of the professional Fraxel machines. A professional Fraxel Laser would cost tens of thousands of dollars, the Palovia is merely a scaled down version meant for home use and costs $500.00. Nevertheless, it still uses the basics of Fraxel Laser technology but obviously at a much weaker strength - that is why it is required to use it daily.

I was trying to say that people are throwing around the word "FRAXEL" incorrectly. There are 3 Fraxel machines, and the most comparable to Palovia would be Fraxel Re:fine, and even then the re:fine would probably be much stronger than anything palovia could deliver, nevertheless the wavelengths are the same. However the mj of energy delivered might be different, palovia is 15mj max, I'm not sure what Fraxel Re:Fine is. ***if the Fraxel re:fine also opperates at 15mj, then we can most likely say the palovia can be compared to Fraxel re:fine."

My point was, that people should specify which Fraxel they are referring to. It is like saying Chevy, well which Chevy? Chevy Tahoe V-8 or a 4 cylinder Chevy Aveo.

Get it?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:38 am      Reply with quote
I don't think you're getting it - you cannot compare the Palovia to a professional Fraxel treatment. We all know that. BUT it is based on Fraxel technology. When we use the word Fraxel, we are not using it to compare to a professional laser, just the basic technology. The name Fraxel is derived from the world "Fractional" - the Palovia is a fractional laser.

Quote:
Fractional laser skin resurfacing with Palomar maximizes client aesthetic outcomes while minimizing procedure risk and reducing downtime. It's the smart approach to skin resurfacing that uses microbeams to create areas of treated tissue surrounded by untreated tissue, which provides faster healing and reduced side effects.

http://www.palomarmedical.com/treatments/skin-resurfacing.aspx?gclid=CMmA75Hcm6gCFYqGpAodu0s-Hg

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I don't think you're getting it - you cannot compare the Palovia to a professional Fraxel treatment. We all know that. BUT it is based on Fraxel technology. When we use the word Fraxel, we are not using it to compare to a professional laser, just the basic technology.

No I perfectly get it, you don't get it.

Fraxel is not a technology, Fraxel is a name of a product made by Solta medical.

You appear to be confusing the brand name "FRAXEL" with the technology known as "FRACTIONALIZED LASERS."

Again, "Fraxel" is a trade marked brand for a series of devices made by Solta medical.

"Fractionalized" laser is a technology.

Furthermore, you must specify which Fraxel you are speaking of. Fraxel re:fine, Fraxel:store, and Fraxel re:pair all use different wavelengths.

For example, Re:pair is co2, re:store is erbium.

I don't know why you don't seem to understand, yet you seem to imply I am the one that doesn't understand, when clearly you have "Fraxel" and "Fractionalized" confused.

One last time, palovia uses 1410nm wavelength, the closest Fraxel device would be Fraxel re:fine. Palovia operates at a max 15mj. I'm not sure what the max mj energy for re:fine is, however re:fine does penetrate to a depth of 650microns.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:53 am      Reply with quote
allaboutus wrote:
"Fractionalized" laser is a technology.

That is what I have just said. I repeat again, no-one is comparing the Palovia with a Fraxel Laser. The word is being used to mean the technology - like calling a vacuum cleaner a hoover. Nobody is expecting the Palovia to perform in the same way as ANY Fraxel treatment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
allaboutus wrote:
ljk wrote:

*Attention* Fraxel makes three devices, and Palovia is not the same as the Fraxel you may be thinking about.

People throw around the word "Fraxel" without actually knowing there are 3 different Fraxel devices.

Solta medical who makes the brand Fraxel has 3 different Fraxel devices! EACH DEVICE IS FDA APPROVED TO TREAT A DIFFERENT SKIN CONCERN!

They include Fraxel re:fine, Fraxel re:store, Fraxel re:pair. Fraxel re:store is what most of us think when we hear the word "FRAXEL."
It wont let me post the link here but just go to fraxel dot com /Fraxel-Laser-Products/

Fraxel re:store and Fraxel re:pair are stronger wavelengths and completely different from the palovia.

So when referring to Fraxel it is important to state which model "fine, store, pair" are you talking about?

Palovia is NOT anywhere near Fraxel re:store or Fraxel re:pair! It is comparable to Fraxel re:fine! There is a difference!!!!!

Not sure why I'm being quoted, as I haven't mentioned the word "Fraxel" once. I did say about blood dots/patterns as it's mentioned on the QVC forum; though that seems to happen over a period of time.

As Keliu said, the treatment time is 30 days, which hints to a much weaker output than a professional laser, which is as it should be. (By the way, the surgeon fractional I got was called "Tre-Amplus" whatever that is, not Fraxel). Palomar advertise Palovia as an "at-home fractional laser".

A question..do ordinary Palovia customers get two bottles of treatment gel, or is it only QVC customers?

I had four interruptions today, but I'm hoping it's just a weak battery, as I'd done two treatments before without topping up.

For anyone interested, on the QVC thread Palomar stated the Palovia battery will last 2-3 years, though not sure if that's with the twice-a-day use some are doing!

Also, as I posted earlier, Solta Medical are working on their own at-home device with Philips.

Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:50 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
allaboutus wrote:
ljk wrote:

Not sure why I'm being quoted, as I haven't mentioned the word "Fraxel" once. I did say about blood dots/patterns as it's mentioned on the QVC forum; though that seems to happen over a period of time.

As Keliu said, the treatment time is 30 days, which hints to a much weaker output than a professional laser, which is as it should be. (By the way, the surgeon fractional I got was called "Tre-Amplus" whatever that is, not Fraxel). Palomar advertise Palovia as an "at-home fractional laser".

A question..do ordinary Palovia customers get two bottles of treatment gel, or is it only QVC customers?

I had four interruptions today, but I'm hoping it's just a weak battery, as I'd done two treatments before without topping up.

For anyone interested, on the QVC thread Palomar stated the Palovia battery will last 2-3 years, though not sure if that's with the twice-a-day use some are doing!

Also, as I posted earlier, Solta Medical are working on their own at-home device with Philips.

Your quote is in the inside box and allaboutus is quoted in the other one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I must say, I'm more confused than ever!..think I'll keep quiet! Confused

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Your quote is in the inside box and allaboutus is quoted in the other one.

I didn't even notice that! - ljk has quite clearly compared the treatment to "the one fractional I got from a PS" so she didn't even use the word Fraxel!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Bypass 25 stamp limit?

Wonder if we can mod this device to bypass the 25 stamp limit. That would give more stamps to do around the mouth and forehead.

Would removing the battery then putting it back in reset the timer? Is the battery attached via soldering?

We need a geek to help us.
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I wouldnt go tampering with mine.This is the second one I have had and it works just fine and I wouldnt want to ruin that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:50 am      Reply with quote
QVC has the Palovia in stock and on easypay for $454.62 until 11:00 pm...easypay payment is $160.21 times 3...fyi
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtful wrote:
I wouldnt go tampering with mine.This is the second one I have had and it works just fine and I wouldnt want to ruin that.

I also wouldn't recommend tampering with it. For starters you would completely nullify the warranty.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been reading this thread since I purchased my palo via in February. It worked great (no interruptions) for the first week or two, then I gradually started getting more and more interruptions. I did everything palo via suggested to avoid them, but it wasn't helping. I was about to exchange it when I decided to try using both hands to hold it steady per stamp. that worked! I haven't had a single interruption now for more than two weeks. I wanted to share this with any of you who are having the interruption problem.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
doineedthis wrote:
Hi, I've been reading this thread since I purchased my palo via in February. It worked great (no interruptions) for the first week or two, then I gradually started getting more and more interruptions. I did everything palo via suggested to avoid them, but it wasn't helping. I was about to exchange it when I decided to try using both hands to hold it steady per stamp. that worked! I haven't had a single interruption now for more than two weeks. I wanted to share this with any of you who are having the interruption problem.

I'm glad it's working well for you - however, when mine started playing up, I tried holding it every which way and still couldn't get it to work. I couldn't even get it to work on my arm.

How is everyone else going with theirs?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu
My replacement is working great.Only had about 1 or two interruptions so far.
Im going away this week and fortunately my monthly zapping is finished so I ll start maintenance next week.
My results are good around the eye area.Im still red and dry and a bit sandpapery but the crows feet have softened a lot and the ones that were creeping onto the top of my cheek seem to have gone but Im not sure if its inflammation causing it.I have also been zapping my frown line inbetween the eyes and my top lip.These areas dont look so good, they are a bit crusty and its hard work trying to get some moisture into them and I have been using a lot of concealer.The wrinkles there seem slightly softer but not as good as the eye area. Maybe because the skin is thicker there it will take longer.
So far so good this gadget does do something. Hopefully time will tell if they stay looking this good into maintenance.I just wished i didnt have to put up with the redness,as I have pale skin ithe redness is a big contrast.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I did 30 days on high on my periorbital and "1" and 3 1/2 weeks of twice weekly treatments. I finally did not want to deal with the red and leathery skin and returned my device. Without cover-up the red brown is very noticeable.

I stopped treatment March 20th. I still have red-brown skin and have to wear cover up. An aesthetician said that it looked like I have hyper-pigmentation and that my skin type is a Fitz 3-4. She said that typically skin would be pretreated to suppress the melatonin and prevent hyper-pig.

I am dermarolling with a 0.15 mm to penetrate products into the periorbital skin and currently using DIY Glucosamine/Niacinimide, water based C-serum, and oil based retinol and C, Retin-A, and glycolic treatments to try to get rid of the red/brown. Wrinkles look worse than pre-laser treatment, I am hoping that they will look better when the brown/red goes away.

How long could it take for the brown/red skin to return to its normal appearance? Any recommendations to treat laser induced hyper-pig?

I have many before and after photos that I compare side by side.

Wish I had better news. HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |