Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Palo Via At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
happyAThome
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I was reading an interesting Blog last week from a Doctor in Malaysia. I don't know if this applies to you or not - but I thought I would pass this along to anyone on the board just in case - he says that Asian skin should not be treated with a Laser. If you Google Fraxel and Hyperpigmentation you will see that darker skin types such as those with Asian, Mediterranean and South American ancestry also are included.

Here's one of his pages where he talks about it and what he does to treat it.

http://www.hippocrates1976.com/search/label/hyperpigmentation

This is where I first landed on his page and where he mentioned it:

http://www.hippocrates1976.com/2010/03/secret-of-cosmetic-fillers-revealed.html
happyAThome
5% products discount

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I only have 8 more days until my 1 month is up and so far I am pretty satisfied. I haven't returned it because I have learned to hold it more steady and also to stretch my skin when treating and I think that helps a lot. I use Retin A daily so that also helps. On the top lip I feel like it has kind of stopped or slowed in diminishing the lines but they probably have gotten better. I have a 10X mirror so it's probably just me. The skin is still kind of hard and scaly - no matter how much Retin A I put on it. (I'm trying to make it peel sooner - it feels like it wants to) Below my lips I have two lines like reverse marionette lines that "may" be muscles or not. They are slooowly going away although one side is deeper than the other.

I also bought the Viss IPL with the face attachment (along with the hair removal) which arrived day before yesterday and I have to say this was a surprise. I had a lot of ruddiness on my cheeks (kind of like broken caps at the surface) and this did more for them than Baby Q ever did in one treatment. I also treated one broken cap with the PaloVia and it had left one big square stamp right in the middle of my face and this took that right out immediately. So my broken cap isn't "gone" but it is diminished more than it was - so there's hope. That's just in one treatment. It's kind of always bothered me as it's always right there, you know?

My husband had remarked on my face a couple of times about the ruddiness and how bad it looked so I told him I wanted the Viss. He doesn't know I have the PaloVia - I don't think men need to know everything! He did let me do a treatment on him today with the Viss on his face, he plays Golf and he has Sun damage on his face.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Happyathome - I'm very interested to hear about the Viss IPL - I had no idea that it had a face attachment.

Maybe it would be a good idea to start a thread on this device.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Happyathome - I'm very interested to hear about the Viss IPL - I had no idea that it had a face attachment.

Not sure if you've seen this one, Keliu:

VISS IPL
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39102
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Not sure if you've seen this one, Keliu:

VISS IPL
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39102

No I hadn't. Thanks again Havana!

5% products discount

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Well for an experiment I tried my Viss IPL Gel with my PaloVia and got a much bigger jolt Shock

I had Googled earlier about what the Gel actually is and what it is used for and I found a board where they were talking about it and they said they just used Ultrasound Clear Gel. That it improved the transmission and if you didn't use it you could get burned.

That must be why PaloVia had such a hard time finding a Gel before they released it. I don't use mine - it's too icky. I tried it once.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I have not been able to figure out how to edit my former post, but wanted to make a correction. The aesthetician told me that typically before laser they will treat the skin for one month to suppress the "melanin" not "melatonin", as I previously wrote.

happyAThome, thank you for your reply. I checked the links that you provided. Very interesting. I have light olive skin and have eastern European ancestry.

Some good news to report... I purchased some Environ products and that is helping immensely with the red/brown skin. I am using the 0.15 mm dermaroller for product penetration. I hope that my red/brown skin issue will be cleared up soon. Unfortunately, my wrinkles appear to have the same depth. However, my skin seems to have a finer texture in the periorbital area than adjacent untreated skin.

HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
happyAThome wrote:
Well for an experiment I tried my Viss IPL Gel with my PaloVia and got a much bigger jolt Shock

So for broken capillaries and general skin rejuvenation, are you giving your vote to the Viss IPL or the Palovia?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:59 am      Reply with quote
FYI - Marta at Truth in Aging has this mentioned on her site (it's a part 1 review, she's going to report back).

http://truthinaging.com/treatments/palovia-in-home-fractional-laser-treatment

Keliu - I don't own a Viss IPL but a Silk'n SensEpil which I use for facial hair, haven't tried any experiments with it. I just may now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Palovia for 11 weeks now. First 30 days was every day and after that twice a week. I've used it on high each time.

About a week ago, I saw someone I hadn't seen in a few weeks. She asked me, "What is this magic cream you are using? I want some." I asked her what she was seeing on my face and she said that it that some of my wrinkles are gone and others have softened substantially - most noticeably around the mouth.

As you can imagine, I was thrilled! I had noticed improvement, but once someone else notices, you know it's for real. I'm sure it's from the Palovia as I've not done much else different in the last few months.

Also, we recently had some family pictures taken and I also see a "brightness" and general uplifting/refreshed look in my pictures. It was nice to see pictures of myself and not cringe in response! There was no touch-up done to the pictures.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
FYI - Marta at Truth in Aging has this mentioned on her site (it's a part 1 review, she's going to report back).

http://truthinaging.com/treatments/palovia-in-home-fractional-laser-treatment

Keliu - I don't own a Viss IPL but a Silk'n SensEpil which I use for facial hair, haven't tried any experiments with it. I just may now.

Thanks for posting this link - I always respect Marta's opinion. I'm awaiting her review with baited breath!

As for using the Silk'n SensEpil for skin rejuvenation - just be aware that the Viss IPL has two difference heads, one for hair, one for skin. So I don't think you can rejuvenate skin with the head that is meant for hair removal.

I still haven't received my refund from PaloVia. At this point I'm tossing up whether to re-purchase the PaloVia and hope that it's a reliable unit, or to try the Viss IPL.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Shastagirl,

Did you use the Palo anywhere else besides the undereye and the upper lip areas?

Did you treat anything other than wrinkles?

Thanks!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Shastagirl,

Did you use the Palo anywhere else besides the undereye and the upper lip areas?

Did you treat anything other than wrinkles?

Thanks!

I've treated the following areas:

-under eye and crows feet areas (which weren't too bad to start with)
-lip lines (above and below lip)
-smile lines (not exactly NL's, but to the sides of my mouth. This is the area I where I saw the most improvement).

I was mostly treating wrinkles, although I did also try it in a red/slightly indented spot on my cheek which is helped just a little.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Thanks for posting this link - I always respect Marta's opinion. I'm awaiting her review with baited breath!

I do not think this will be Marta's review, Keliu. The writers name was Copley, I beleive.
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Anyone else having issues with hyperpigmentation? I completed the 30 days of around eye usage and i definitely now have some hyperpigmantation around those areas. It is not that dark but they are there none the less. Does anyone have any suggestions how to counteract this from happening except for treating the area a few weeks prior with some type of lightening cream or gel? I have been really good about exfoliating during the entire time I have been using the palovia. I like the results but am bummed about the brown spots. They are so hard to get rid of... Mad I am currently using Jan Marini's lightening gel to help with these. I want to use the palovia on forehead wrinkles next but am worried about getting spots there too.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hittin40, thanks for the post because this has been on my "wish list" but already have issues with hyperpigmentation and getting more is the last thing I want right now.

Keliu, I didn't realize the Viss IPL has two different heads! I should have bought that unit instead.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:30 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Hittin40, thanks for the post because this has been on my "wish list" but already have issues with hyperpigmentation and getting more is the last thing I want right now.

Keliu, I didn't realize the Viss IPL has two different heads! I should have bought that unit instead.

WhiteWolf, on my wish list too, but have been watching and waiting....in the meantime splurged on a new laptop for myself and one for daughter! Laughing Laughing
Looks like any skin care goodies are on hold for a little while. Sad

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
This is my first EDS posting. First of all, I want to thank this forum for providing so much great information and support. My skin was burned last summer by the improper use of products I purchased from a med-spa. I was not given proper instructions and found myself with retinoid dermatitis that took some time to resolve (with the help of this forum and free treatment my wonderful derm gave me). The emotional ramifications took much longer to resolve...

ANYWAY Very Happy ...

I started using the Palovia 2/15. I used it daily for 30 days on high at first and then medium. I used it under my eyes and on crows feet. I rubbed emu oil and aloe vera on afterward followed by NIA24. Each morning I awoke to red welts. They mostly subsided by evening. After several weeks my skin felt sand-papery. I wear glasses and work with mostly guys (who don't notice stuff like this) so I was not bothered by this. After 30 days I reduced my usage to 2-3 times per week.
I believe I have experienced positive results from the unit. I went to a doctor (podiatrist) for the first time - and she commented that she expected to find some one much older when she walked into the room.
My main issues are fine lines and crepiness under the eyes and on top of cheeks.
I plan to continue using the unit.
I have not experienced issues with interruptions that I did not deserve Wink.
I hope my review helps someone.

PS After what I have been through - I hope each and every one of you know that you are a beautiful creation.
PSS Smile I used the unit on a small broken cap on the top of my cheek. It is greatly diminished.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I am on the twice a week regime and still loving product.

My only issues are some days when using product skin is slightly red, fades really quickly. The other night I used it and was soooo red in the morning still, had to cover it up.

Not sure if it is the skin care I am using afterwards or what.

The redness is way better though than when I used it daily. Very Happy
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying to determine if I will have trouble with hyperpigmentation...I'm just starting with the Palo and I think I am a Fitzpatrick type 2 and am exfoliating and wearing sunscreen.

If you are suffering from hyperpigmentation from the Palovia, what is your fitzpatrick skin type?

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/842711-overview#aw2aab6b6

Do you exfoliate with acids, retin-a or microfiber cloth much like preparing for a TCA peel?

Thank you for sharing,
Mary
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm somewhere between a II and a III on the fitzpatrick scale. My face is pretty pale and will burn but my body skin is more olive toned. I definitely wear sunscreen on my face daily and I have for years.. I exfoliate using jan Marini bioglycolic cleansing lotion and and also a pca exfoliating scrub. I do dry brush my face occasionally as well, and I have a clarsonic. I just recently started do a weekly enzyme peel, ncn pro pumpkinn. Hoping all of these will help with the spots from the palovia. I really like what id did for my crows feet and would be using it all over my face if I wasn't having this issue. Sad Of course It doesn't help that it is summer now and I live in the southwest so I might shelf it until fall when I won't be outside so much. I do have a tendency to hyperpigmentation. I had terrible melasma from my pregnancies and being on the pill for years. Was just getting rid of all of it..so much work to say beautiful.yikes Embarassed
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Do you exfoliate with acids, retin-a or microfiber cloth much like preparing for a TCA peel?

I have never heard of exfoliating before a laser treatment - and I don't think it's a good idea because the laser has an exfoliating effect on the skin anyway. In addition, exfoliating may leave your skin irritated and fragile - which you wouldn't want if you're going to blast it with a laser.

However, it is advised by doctors to use Retin-A on your skin for as long as possible before a laser treatment (assuming that you don't have trouble with it). The reason is that the Retin-A preps the skin and you will get better results.

The above information applies to a professional laser treatment - but I'm sure it would apply to the PaloVia as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a Fitzpatrick type II. I've had no hyperpigmentation from the Palovia.

As for exfoliation - I keep it pretty gentle. If I notice dry stuff, I gently use a microfiber cloth. I also use retin A several times a week (alternate nights from the laser).

I too see some mornings with redness. Not after every treatment, but for some reason there are days where it is worse and needs cover-up.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Sorry if I sounded like I knew how to prep...I'm just trying to see if we can find commonalities between the users who hyper-pigment and those who don't.

I did email the manufacturer and they said:

" Thank you for purchasing the PaloVia™ Skin Renewing Laser™. The Palovia Laser is appropriate for anyone with fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes - regardless of skin type or age. Clinical testing of the PaloVia Laser among hundreds of participants showed no instances of hyper or hypopigmentation. "
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I have posted my routine in earlier posts. I am Fitzpatrick 3-4 and am hyperpigmented in my periorbital area after using the Palovia.

It is a slow process trying to treat the hyperpigmentation. Had I known, I would have pretreated to reduce the possibility for melanin production.

HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |