Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Palo Via At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I would weigh in. I just had my third treatment with the office Palomar. These are done once a month. I have one more to go. Some of the symtoms I am seeing is ringing a bell.

When they finish my face treatment, I do swell up a bit, not as much as the first time though. They do three passes in each area. I do have what look like red splotchy places all over. I use an ice pack and the car air conditioner on the way home. I am usually fine when I get home (30 min drive). It takes 1-1/2 weeks for the red to go away, then in places I might get some peeling. In no way shope or form do I use my clarisonic or exfoliate until the dryness is gone. I use a foam cleanser, and rich moisterizer at night and the same in the morning.

It sounds like, to me, that everyone is trying to get rid of the dryness while the skin is trying to heal. My skin has really perked up. It actually looked like it had a brown film when I started the treatment. Now it doesn't. I will be having an IPL after the next treatment. I started a thread and post after each treatment. She is taking pics before my last Starlux (Palomar) and I am taking photo paper with me to get her to print the before and after third treatment. I will post them. I was hoping to get the Palovia to keep up maintenance. I am not sure now...lol
jancb

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I haven’t seen much activity on this thread lately, so I thought I’d post my results with the Palovia. First, I am 52 and my issues starting out were “crepyness” and a couple of wrinkles under my eyes (I don’t really have crow’s feet), and acne scars (a couple of box car-like scars on each cheek). I used the device on high for 30 days…I had issues with redness in the treated areas for the entire time. This was tolerable—I wear mineral foundation everyday and with a bit of effort, I was able to cover the redness.

So, my conclusion about this device is (drum roll please): it works for what it is designed to treat. What I mean by that is the crepyness under my eyes—upper cheeks really—is virtually gone. I will say that one spot under my left eye does seems a bit hyperpigmented at the moment, but I don’t know if that will resolve itself, so I’ll have to wait and see. Regarding the wrinkles under my eyes—they seem to be gone, of course they come back when I smile, but when my face is relaxed, they are much improved.

The acne scars don’t seem to be any better…I guess it was wishful thinking that a home device could fix those. I suppose that there’s still a possibility that they will improve (if I wait the 3-4 months as they suggest) and I think I will continue to treat them everyday for a while (I’m going to maintenance on my eye area).

Given these results I should be really happy—after all, the thing did what it said it would! But, I guess my expectations were too high. Don’t get me wrong--I AM happy that my eyes look better—that crinkliness under the eyes really adds years. But, I was hoping for more.

Overall, I would recommend this device to others who have specific issues under and around their eyes—especially if they can tolerate the high setting. I have no idea how it would have worked it I had used it at a lower setting.

Oh--one more thing--I am kicking myself for not taking before pictures. I thought about it, but just got lazy--I think they would have helped remind me just how much my eyes were bugging me before I started treatment...

Hope this helps!
MarieH

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I finally!!! got mine in the mail to review today! I am so excited to get started! I've read every post in this thread and have wanted my own forever. I have fine lines and wrinkles under my eyes and am really hoping to see an improvement!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Jancb would you this device is worth the $500.00 price tag? You also mentioned the decrease in skin crepiness which is my main reason for looking into purchasing one, how is your skin currently doing?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
jancb

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:28 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
Jancb would you this device is worth the $500.00 price tag? You also mentioned the decrease in skin crepiness which is my main reason for looking into purchasing one, how is your skin currently doing?

Hi--it's timely that you asked this question because I was going to post an update. Since I went to the 3 times a week schedule (versus every night), the redness has subsided greatly. But I am seeing a bit of the crepiness return--I guess this is because the inflammation has also subsided...I'd still say that there is some improvement from when I started, but it's not like the skin is completely smooth now either.

So, I am still on the fence about this device. If you asked me today whether it is worth $500, I'd lean towards saying no. But, given the time it takes for the skin to repair itself, I'm going to suspend my final judgment until November, which is 4 months from when I began using it. It's too late for me to return the thing, so I'm still holding out hope...

HTH.

Jan
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:31 am      Reply with quote
jancb wrote:
echoecho wrote:

Hi--it's timely that you asked this question because I was going to post an update. Since I went to the 3 times a week schedule (versus every night), the redness has subsided greatly. But I am seeing a bit of the crepiness return--I guess this is because the inflammation has also subsided...I'd still say that there is some improvement from when I started, but it's not like the skin is completely smooth now either.

So, I am still on the fence about this device. If you asked me today whether it is worth $500, I'd lean towards saying no. But, given the time it takes for the skin to repair itself, I'm going to suspend my final judgment until November, which is 4 months from when I began using it. It's too late for me to return the thing, so I'm still holding out hope...

HTH.

Jan

Well it's good your being realistic and taking into account the ammount of time it takes for the skin to heal. I ask because the Tripollar STOP was worth every cent to me, I won it in an auction but wasnt to sure I would purchase it for the expense, which is the case with this device.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody,

I am new here. This forum was one of my references to help me to decide to buy the palovia, so I thought I would chime in with my experiences.

I am mid-30s, medium fair skin and freckles. My main issue for wanting the Palovia were under-eye fine lines.

I have to pretty much agree with jancb on everything..Except (and I am still within the 60 day warranty time - I COULD send it back for a refund if I wanted) I think it is worth the price.

My undereye area IS better...but like jancb says, it's not the perfect specimen I was hoping for. And yet, the Palovia has done more than any cream has ever done. Also like she says, when I smile, the lines reappear, but when I am still the lines are significantly less. That is something, eh?

Keep in mind, at least for me, it looks worse before it looks better. After treatment, not only was the area red, but actually looked more haggard. It will look that way for up to 7 days (after you stop), until the skin heals. I used cover up, and that did NOT hide the redness. I just told everybody that I was having an allergic reaction to something. Really, I don't know what magical cover up could hide that redness! So be prepared for that.

I am still early days, so hoping I will see even more improvement as the skin repairs itself. Also, have to say, I didn't do 30 sessions. But I was using the device every 8 hours (as opposed to every 24). So I used it for about 15-20 sessions over the course of over a week, and then let it heal for about 1 week. There really is a noticeable difference. Not perfect, but noticeable. So...is that worth it to you? In matters of skin wrinkles, I think so!

Hope that helps!
naha1
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Let me add just another thing! If you can possibly wait for this type of technology, wait until the Philips Reaura comes out, supposedly in 2012.

It uses the same laser technology as the Palovia (and Fraxel), but instead of only having 25 imprints per 8 hour period (very limiting!!!!), it lets you scan over your whole face, neck and chest, from what it looks like. Basically, the next advancement in this whole at home laser technology.

I know I'm saving up for it! ... In fact, now that I mention it, I'm really considering if it might be a good idea to, in fact, return my Palovia now and use the money as a future down payment on the Reaura...Hmmmm....

(I can't seem to post links, so just do a google search on Philips Reaura and you will find articles about it)

naha1

PS: If you DO decide to buy the Palovia, buy it from qvc (dot) com, as they have a 90 day return policy for this item (whereas you only get 60 days if you buy it straight from the company). Then you can try it out for a full month to see if it is for you.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:19 am      Reply with quote
naha1 wrote:
Let me add just another thing! If you can possibly wait for this type of technology, wait until the Philips Reaura comes out, supposedly in 2012.

It uses the same laser technology as the Palovia (and Fraxel), but instead of only having 25 imprints per 8 hour period (very limiting!!!!), it lets you scan over your whole face, neck and chest, from what it looks like. Basically, the next advancement in this whole at home laser technology.

I know I'm saving up for it! ... In fact, now that I mention it, I'm really considering if it might be a good idea to, in fact, return my Palovia now and use the money as a future down payment on the Reaura...Hmmmm....

(I can't seem to post links, so just do a google search on Philips Reaura and you will find articles about it)

naha1

Well thats stopped me from buying. Thank you. I will have to look into this upcoming device.

casssy

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:19 am      Reply with quote
chery wrote:
hello to all, my name is cherry from the netherlands and i ordered from nordstrom last week. today i recieved shipping mail. so i hope it is not just on 110 volts, please tel me its not.

Just tried to order the Palovia from Nordstrom's but message says.... This product is not available for shipments to this country. Does anybody know where it is available to buy in the U.k
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:00 am      Reply with quote
casssy wrote:
chery wrote:
hello to all, my name is cherry from the netherlands and i ordered from nordstrom last week. today i recieved shipping mail. so i hope it is not just on 110 volts, please tel me its not.

Just tried to order the Palovia from Nordstrom's but message says.... This product is not available for shipments to this country. Does anybody know where it is available to buy in the U.k

The Phillips one is more expensive but it looks more quality made and also Phillips is a brand many people trust because they do have a good history.

I'm holding out for the Phillips version but have you looked at the official Palo Via website?

havana8

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:56 am      Reply with quote
casssy wrote:
chery wrote:

It looks as if iderma ships internationally so you may want to try them:
http://www.iderma.com/product/palovia-laser/

Another option would be to use a mailing service such as http://www.shipito.com

HTHs.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:56 am      Reply with quote
casssy wrote:
chery wrote:

casssy, I'm in the UK. I missed your post as I don't read EDS so much; seems to be lots of posts lately from the same few members (?).

Anyway, I ordered from lovelyskin.com a few months ago. Be warned, Customs lumped a lovely £70-odd on top!

http://www.lovelyskin.com/details.asp?PID=120767&MID=902&PG=1

I also have a 10% off code. Not sure if I can put it here, but you're welcome to PM me. Though I found a 15% off one from a voucher codes site back then.

The official Palovia website doesn't post to the UK.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
casssy

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much ljk for your reply.I really wish it was available to buy in the U.k The £70 custom charge has really put me off to be honest so i may wait for my niece to get it for me when she goes to Florida next year. Many thanks again & goodluck with the Palovia.
casssy

Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Really..I must be a fool to order something I don't have 100% faith in. Palovia should do a batch recall or some sort of announcement to reassure their customers.

I'm glad you got a replacement, Thoughtful! And you're in the UK too Smile Wonder how the Philips device fares next to Palovia, given its specs?

The Philips device has just launched in the U.K available at the Space NK shops its rather expensive though Here are some prices
Question
How much does RéAura laser skin rejuvenation cost? Are there any further costs?
Answer

The initial starter kit costs €899 or £799, which includes a 60ml tube of laser performance gel, a laser device and a 60ml bottle of laser aftercare complex—as well as the complete RéAura experience.
The laser device can be used to rejuvenate skin regularly, and the gel and aftercare can be replenished at a select store near you or from the retailer’s website. Recommended retail selling prices:
Laser performance gel retails €39 / £35; Laser aftercare complex €49 / £45.

Sorry at that price will have to go with the Palovia.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't realise the Philips' device was out already! Usually I'm clued-up on these things Confused Here's a Youtube clip for the RéAura: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIxjOI5fAy8

Philips' manual: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sc5000_00/sc5000_00_dfu_eng.pdf

It appears that you have to treat the face in 3 "zones", forehead, left side of face/chin, right side face/chin. And move the device in long vertical/horizontal strokes, with gel applied, until the zone is completed (when it gives a sound). Twice a week for 8 weeks is the schedule.

You can move on to neck, décolletage, arms, hands, for each treatment schedule thereafter.

As for there being a time limit to the device, ie, where the Palovia has 30 direct zaps..it appears that it locks for 24 hours if "overtreatment protection has been activated". I assume it overheats after a period of time?

It's powered by a Lithium Ion battery too, the same as the Palovia, and has a 2 year guarantee. Here are the before/afters from Philips:www.philips.co.uk/myreaura (can't seem to load it at my end, but it's a link from the manual!).

Tempting! ..if I had a bottomless pit of money Bad Grin

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, *25* zaps from the Palovia, not 30!!

..Can you tell I've not used it for a while? I've completely stopped (used it diligently for about 2 months) as people told me I looked terrible. After a week or two, the pin pricks/stamps didn't go away.

I'll go back to it after my birthday, going to do a Jessner's/TCA before then and heal up from that.

My niece said I looked as though I'd been "stapled"!! I'd say my skin looks a little more refined, but no spectacular changes for me.

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'd also add that the Palovia/RéAura is NOT marketed at 25 year-olds. (Re previous posts). More 35, say 40+.

I have read of people with bad acne scars spot-treating with Palovia, as an experiment (eg acne.org forums), but I'd be wary of using it on much younger, evenly-toned skin. Less is more at that age.

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to use it on my back where there is a bit of hyperpigmentation and hopefully firming of the eyelids.

Do you know any other details as to when it's going to be released?

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
It would be a very bad idea to use a laser device on hyperpigmentation! Shock It would only make things worse.

I'm guessing you mean the skin above the eyelids, think some people have had success firming up the skin there, though it is tricky to do with the Palovia; takes a bit of practice.

According to casssy, RéAura is out in the UK now. Not sure about the rest of the world. Can't see it on any UK sites yet. RéAura is "available exclusively online and at SpaceNK from later this year- final price is £799."

http://www.kissandmakeup.tv/2011/09/philips_reaura.html

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I would be interested in using it to firm up the skin above the eyes if it was possible. Was going to have the actual treatment done on the upper eyelids but if it's possible to do it with this device I'm interested Razz

Is the Phillips model out yet?

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'd still be wary about using such a device on healthy 25 year-old skin, though maybe someone will chime in.

I can't see it on any Space NK websites at all; maybe it's only in-store at the moment (?).

All I can find on the Philips site is this: http://www.philips.co.uk/c/skincare/283659/cat/ and that's no good either..it directs me to my nearest Space NK store.

JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
What concerns me about the Palovia is that it's not strong enough to do long lasting improvement and having to use it every day or twice a week keeps the skin in a permanent state on inflammation. Which keeps it swollen. Whenever you have swollen skin the wrinkles always look less but it's not healthy to do that in the long run.

IF the schedule was much less I'd feel more confident that it was actually building collagen deeper into the skin layers.

I'm just not just sure that it creates lasting improvement . . .

I also asked the company if they have a new model coming out and they refused to answer, just kept referring me to the website. Which makes me think that they probably do but don't want to come out with the info now as to discourage this model from being purchased.

Still have big ???'s about this!
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I, too, got a bit worried about the initial 30 day non-stop schedule for the Palovia, added to the fact I didn't look good with the slightly bloody dots everywhere! (Totally at odds with any Dermaroller recommendations).

It's interesting how the treatment schedules are different between Palovia and the RéAura. The RéAura's seem more realistic (twice a week). Whether it implies the Philips device is more effective/powerful, it would be interesting to know.

Even the treatment method is different. The Palovia is 25 x "Stamps" compared to the circular motions of the RéAura (whether it constantly sends laser zaps throughout each cycle, unsure, have to read the manual again).

It seems to use a similar system where it senses direct contact to the skin before use. The price is crazy though. Nearly twice that of the Palovia!

And, it appears that you have to undergo a skin examination before they sell you RéAura.

JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Well, Dermaroller is once every 4-6 weeks - not daily. If it's a deep roll it can be done every 2 months. That makes a lot more sense to me.

I think damaging the skin daily and then continuing twice a week forever sounds very fishy to me. If this were a true effective laser - they are supposed to effect deeper into the skin and build collagen over time - it just isn't adding up for me.

I also looked at the other laser, agree - very expensive. But I think this just tells everyone that in the next few years at-home lasers are going to be much easier to get! That's good news.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |