Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::TRIA:: Hair Removal System At Home
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MummyOf2
5% products discount

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I came across this system a fair while back now and when I seen its price I quickly pressed [x] but in time as business grew I went back on my search looking for the gadget I once seen & found it. I am from the UK so the price tag of £675 was scarey as I had once tried one of those £99 lasers from fleabay Laughing There was no way I was just going to press buy it now so went on a mad search trying to weed out *genuine* reviews genuine users you see far too often companies bigging up their own products.

IS TRIA FOR REAL?

This is how I came across this forum after weeks of searching! I guess you could say thank you to the forum owner, Keli the thread owner (http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32614) and others who replied for the £675 (GBP) dent in my bank Laughing I knew the reviews there weren't loads of but it was positive enough that I thought this was worth the try.

So here goes I nervously bought the TRIA.

Where are you planning to use the TRIA?
    Upperlip & chin (despite what they recommend)
    Arms (task of a few tattoos though which I am having removed in about a year)
    Underarms
    Legs

First Impressions

My TRIA arrived and I left it in the hallway for a while nervous to open this expensive little gadget Embarassed Laughing

When I did explore my new toy:
    *Heavier than what I imagined but thats ok
    *Very little information I half expected a demo DVD a big thick booklet of some sort but there was just a mini booklet with all the instructions you need. I found that good I hate reading instructions that could have been explained in 1 page than 10!
    *I did not have to *activate* it. I believe the USA system does need activated by a website or by telephone but not the case for the UK.

TREATMENT 1 - Underarms

I found this was quite intense I started on the highest level (3) and reduced it to the middle setting (2) which doesn't surprise me as your underarms are quite sensitive. It took me about 10 minutes to zap under each arm. Next time I will probably be more thorough.

TREATMENT 1 - Facial hairs

Found this fine at the highest setting & again did not take long to treat that area. The area was slightly red for about 30 minutes but nothing a light concealer wouldn't help if you need to.

Thoughts on the TRIA whist in use

*It is a noisy little toy as the fan turns on and off but nothing major.
    My partner said it sounded like I was playing tetris as I was zapping away Laughing
    *I found moving to the next spot quite easy and quick but can definately imagine as I move to the legs it will be a longer process. Thankfully my partner said he would help with the back of my legs.

So ...I will repeat both treatments above in just under 2 weeks time and one day this week I will start my legs.

I will keep my thread updated when I have something to add and hopefully I can help others decide if the TRIA does really work or not.

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Interesting! I look forward to hearing more about your experience with Tria. Good luck! Smile

5% products discount

Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
You know what I took my time to start this I used the little free time I get to try to help others and give an honest 'review' ...in the review section funnily enough so why has it been removed to DIY skincare? I was 'reviewing' a product I had every intentions of updating per treatment from initial thoughts, how the machines works, first tretament and then onwards. What a waste of time because I won't be updating.

This is terrible ...you even locked my other thread that I should have maybe worded better but didn't have a chance I was not after home mixes that you kindly pasted my question on and diverted me to! I was on about devices you could buy and use at home at home but that was obvious imo because I linked to a 'device' as an example but I was cut off with a locked thread.

You know I own a forum a highly successful one for conception to parenting we have up to 700 members online in every hour this is a useful forum (the members) but the mods have a power trip. This has put me off as a new user I feel like Im a kid in the playground now. 3rd incident in a very short period.

Terrible. Thanks for making a new user feel comfortable actively joining in!
Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
MummyOf2 wrote:
You know what I took my time to start this I used the little free time I get to try to help others and give an honest 'review' ...in the review section funnily enough so why has it been removed to DIY skincare? I was 'reviewing' a product I had every intentions of updating per treatment from initial thoughts, how the machines works, first tretament and then onwards. What a waste of time because I won't be updating.

This is terrible ...you even locked my other thread that I should have maybe worded better but didn't have a chance I was not after home mixes that you kindly pasted my question on and diverted me to! I was on about devices you could buy and use at home at home but that was obvious imo because I linked to a 'device' as an example but I was cut off with a locked thread.

You know I own a forum a highly successful one for conception to parenting we have up to 700 members online in every hour this is a useful forum (the members) but the mods have a power trip. This has put me off as a new user I feel like Im a kid in the playground now. 3rd incident in a very short period.

Terrible. Thanks for making a new user feel comfortable actively joining in!
Rolling Eyes

Mummyof2 - I'm not a moderator, but I'm pretty sure that the reason your thread was moved from the Review section is because this is the section for Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare. Therefore, all of the other Skincare Tools reviews are also here - including my own Boots Smooth Skin Hair Removal System review. So it makes sense for your Tria review to be here, making it easier to find for others to read.

I'm sure the mods didn't mean to upset you, but this is the best place for your review. When people want to check out Skincare Tools, this is the place they'll visit, rather than the Reviews section.
MummyOf2
5% products discount

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Products Reviews Forum
Share your opinion about products that you use.

^ Its for reviews? Certain product reviews rather than a mix of different items. The TRIA is a 'product' I did go to place it in this section but thought it would be more help placing the review in the section designed for this lol

Thanks but Ive been here such a short time and its not user friendly ...have found members helpful in my short stay. If the product review section isn't for product reviews I guess they should explain that hmm

Dear Mod team,

Please remove/delete my review.

Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
New forums can be difficult to navigate until you get used to them. You'll find your feet soon, I'm sure, and you just need to ask if you're unsure and someone will try their best to help.

As EDS are a salon selling skincare products, they originally set up the forum to discuss these products (meaning products you apply to your skin, rather than tools/devices that you use on it). It has expanded over the years since then and, due to demand, new sections have been created for us to discuss other issues. Since people wanted to talk about tools and devices, this section was created for that purpose - along with DIY advice and materials, obviously.

It would be a real shame if you deleted your post because of the mix-up. I'm certain that no offense or upset was intended, and these devices are of great interest to many of us. Of course, it is your decision.

Leaving your review here, amongst the reviews of other skincare devices, would make it easier for those searching for such tools to find, rather than mixing it up with the skincare and cosmetic products.
lindabaker

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi! Does anyone know if I can SAFELY use the Tria on my upper lip. My complexion is closer to that of Halle Berry. If so, I am wondering which setting I can safely use. Also, will the hairs still be there after the treatment or will they fall out and be immediately smoother? Thanks! This forum is terrific and informational!
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:59 am      Reply with quote
lindabaker wrote:
Hi! Does anyone know if I can SAFELY use the Tria on my upper lip. My complexion is closer to that of Halle Berry. If so, I am wondering which setting I can safely use. Also, will the hairs still be there after the treatment or will they fall out and be immediately smoother? Thanks! This forum is terrific and informational!

You'd have to call Tria to find out if your skintone is too dark for the Tria. You need to shave the area first before each treatment. The hair will grow back but you will notice less and less hair growing back after each treatment. You are not supposed to use the Tria directly on the hair. You have to shave the upper lip first so that the Tria can concentrate it's power on the root of the hair under the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Like keli says, it's better to check first as you really don't want to risk burning your skin.

If they can't tell you over the phone, it might be worth booking one of those free patch test offers many laser/IPL hair removal places have from time to time. Of course, make sure you pick a reputable establishment. They should be able to tell you whether your skin is too dark.
Danus

Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm on my third treatment now and I would absolutely recommend Tria. I've been using it on my arms and I want to say that I have had at least a 60% - 70% hair loss up to this point. I'm a guy so I had a pretty dense growth going and I would usually have to shave every day in order to not have any stubble issues but I'm at the point now where I can shave once now and be set for at least 4 days so far (this is the first time I shaved since the previous treatment so I didn't notice this until now.) I still have random spots of growth but that's just due to either missing it or new hairs growing back.

I'm not sure why you started a separate topic for this but I've offered a few of my treatment experiences in the previous thread for anyone interested. I'd link the thread but I'm too new of a user to be allowed to :/
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
lindabaker wrote:

Linda, Tria does not recommend itself for the face, so the company would probably tell you not to use it. If you decide to go ahead, I would suggest you spot test an area NOT on your face. You don't want to cause any discoloration on your face.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |