Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor Ylang Ylang vs Clarins Lotus Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Aromessence Ylang Ylang both oil and balm on an off for a couple of months now. It's very good and it has definitely helped sort my skin out. I've just been browsing the Clarins website (trying to do some research for my Mum) and I came across the Lotus oil. I didn't realise that Clarins do treatment oils too. I was wondering how good the Lotus oil is. It's a lot cheaper than the Decleor stuff and you get a bigger bottle.

The Lotus oil has received good reviews on MUA but nobody has compared it to the Decleor Ylang Ylang and so I'm not sure which is considered to be the most effective.

Anybody here tried both? Which did you prefer and why?

Does anybody know if Clarins are helpful in giving out samples? Maybe I should try a sample of the Lotus oil to see if it would suit my skin. hmm

TIA Smile
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Yes Clarins does give out generous sized samples. Clarins also offers the clarins facial at no charge. It is a 40 minute session where they will cleanse, exfoliate and then mask. They give samples of moisturizer, cleanser, toner. I asked for the lotus oil. It is a small vial that lasted over two weeks used daily. I then purchased when Sears had there promo. Hope this helps.... Smile
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. Smile

Did you like the Lotus Oil? What did it do for your skin?
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I use it in place of a moisturizer. You need just two or three drops so a bottle will last a long time. I am very oily and this helps to "normalize" my skin. I am not as oily when I wake up. I use at night only. Sometimes I will put it on and then wait 10 - 20 minutes and then apply my BHA product. Very Happy
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I discontinued using Clarin skincare about 6 years ago, due to sensitivity problems and the products are too fragranc-y to my liking... Now that I've read this post and am very curious about the Lotus oil mentioned... I looked up the description/usage of the products and read the whole entire MUA reviews on not just the Lotus oil but also the Santal and Orchid oil, and they all received good reviews Shock ...

I was on the verge of purchasing Decleor's Ylang Ylang oil and balm Smile ... Now I'm interesting in trying out Clarin's oil as well... May stop by Clarin's counter in a day or two to get some samples...

Toe - If you get to try it before I do, please share your experience with us!!! Wink
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I would like to seem the ingredients list.
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
This is what I gathered from the website Smile ...

Face Treatment Oil "Santal"
Enhances radiance while leaving skin smooth and satin soft.
Face treatment oil with 100% pure natural plant extracts. Use at night as the perfect complement to Aromatic Plant Day Cream on dry or high coloured skin. Promotes a youthful radiant complexion in the morning.
Beauty Benefits :
- Helps reduce appearance of slight reddening.
- Nourishes skin, helps prevent moisture loss.
- Leaves skin supple and satin-soft.
Ingredients :
- Lavender (Alleviates,Relaxes)
- Parsley (Clears,Tones)
- Sandalwood (Fragrance,Tones)

Face Treatment Oil "Blue Orchid"
Helps prevent night-time moisture loss.
Face treatment oil with 100% pure natural plant extracts. Use at night as the perfect complement to Aromatic Plant Day Cream to revitalize dehydrated skin and promote a youthful, radiant complexion on waking.
Beauty Benefits :
- Revitalizes, tones, moisturizes and nourishes.
- Helps prevent moisture loss.
- Leaves skin soft and supple.
- Minimizes signs of aging.
Ingredients :
- Orchid (Anti-free radical,Emollient)
- Patchouly (Revitalises,Tones)

Face Treatment Oil "Lotus"
Helps rebalance skin prone to oiliness during the night.
Face treatment oil with 100% pure natural plant extracts. Use at night as the perfect complement to Aromatic Plant Day Cream to help rebalance combination skin prone to oiliness. Promotes a youthful, radiant complexion.
Beauty Benefits :
- Helps normalize sebaceous secretions.
- Helps "tighten" the pores.
- Helps prevent moisture loss.
- Nourishes and leaves skin supple and soft.
Ingredients :
- Chamomile (Alleviates,Relaxes)
- Geranium (Alleviates,Astringent,Normalises)
- Lotus (Softens)
- Rosemary (Moisturises,Regenerates)
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:15 am      Reply with quote
cheers it sounds an interesting blend but what would be equally important is the carrier oil they use.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Managed to get a small sample yesterday. Unfortunately, the full ingredients are not listed on the sample box but it does come with a little leaflet which says ' combining essential aromatic oils and Hazelnut oil'. Therefore, I presume the carrier is the hazelnut oil, same as Decleor. I did sneak a peek at a full sized product on the shelf and try to read the full list of ingredients. There were a lot! Some of the listed ingredients sounded quite chemically. I just checked out the list of ingredients on my Decleor Aromessences and the list is way, way, shorter. I think the Clarins stuff might not be as 'pure' as the Decleor. Still, I'll give the sample a try once I've finished my 2 week Decleor Ylang Ylang stint and let you know what it's like.
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have the ingredient list for the clarins lotus oil or the decleor aromasence ylang ylang oil? thanks a lot for sharing! Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:42 am      Reply with quote
hippie_sotong wrote:
Does anyone have the ingredient list for the clarins lotus oil or the decleor aromasence ylang ylang oil? thanks a lot for sharing! Smile

clarins lotus oil

Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil - Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil (Geranium oil) - Parfum/Fragrance - Rosmarius Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil - Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) - Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil - Lotus Corniculatus Flower Extract (Lotus Flower Extract) - Citronellol - Linalool - Geraniol - Limonene - Citral - Coumarin - Benzyl Benzoate."

decleor ylang ylang oil

Ingredients: Essential oils of Ylang Ylang, , rosemary, geranium, and hazelnut plant oil.

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
decleor ylang ylang oil

Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil,
Cananga Odorata Flower Oil,
Pelargonium Graveolens Oil,
Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil,
Pimenta Acris (Bay) Leaf Oil

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Decleor Ylang ylang oil is the second best thing I have used on my blackheads after Proactive.
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:37 am      Reply with quote
thanks pal, thus gives me some confidence Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
You can make an easy and much less expensive version your self, I am reposting Carekate's recipe for those interested in giving it a go!

HTH
DM

Recipe for Homemade Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence Oil (holy grail product for controlling sebum production for those with super-oily skin):

• 1 Oz. Kukui Nut Oil
• 6 Drops Ylang Ylang Oil
• 3 Drops Lavendar or Geranium Oil
• 2 Drops Bay Leaf Oil
• 1 Drop Rosemary Oil

Mix it up in an Amber Glass Bottle and Make Sure to Shake it up Before Each Use!

For those of you who have had luck with Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence, I have found this to be a great cheap replacement. You can substitute the Kukui Nut Oil with Hazelnut Oil If you like, but it must be refrigerated and made in very small batches as the shelf life is not very long. I chose Kukui Nut Oil to replace it for preservative purposes, and find it works just as well. If you are pregnant or breast feeding, do not use the Rosemary Oil...it can be toxic to babies. I replace Geranium Oil with Lavendar Oil in this recipe when I make it simply because I have it on hand, but geranium oil may be used in place of the lavendar for a product more similar to Decleor.

Again, there are many other essential oils that are very good at helping to regulate sebum production, so don't forget to check out the essential oil guide at this link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5922&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |