Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Question for clarisonic users!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand what the Clarisonic does really to the skin.

Does it exfoliate it? What does it do to the acid mantle?

I am asking because I really don't like irritating my skin, or exfoliating too much. I also don't like messing with my skin's acid mantle either since it works fine when I treat it nicely and starts complaining (breakouts, rough patches, etc.) when I abuse it.

So.. how gentle is the Clarisonic and how often do you use it and.... any other info would be appreciated!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
I don't understand what the Clarisonic does really to the skin.

Does it exfoliate it? What does it do to the acid mantle?

I am asking because I really don't like irritating my skin, or exfoliating too much. I also don't like messing with my skin's acid mantle either since it works fine when I treat it nicely and starts complaining (breakouts, rough patches, etc.) when I abuse it.

So.. how gentle is the Clarisonic and how often do you use it and.... any other info would be appreciated!

Great questions. I'll throw in 1 more question, as I have been thinking about getting a Clarisonic, but I don't want to overdo the exfoliation, either. Does anyone with broken caps use the Clarisonic and does it make them worse?
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:22 am      Reply with quote
When i first got the Clarisonic, I used it twice a day for 2 weeks and my skin felt wonderful! Smaller pores and all.

Then after that it broke out like crazy. And I dont usually get acne. So I stopped it until I completely healed. Since I spent so much money on it, I started to use it twice weekly as an exfoliator. Its really great, after that I will put a mask on.

I feel that I really need to cleanse my skin every now and then and the Clarisonic does that perfectly.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:20 am      Reply with quote
u can get the one with the delicate brush. that one is really soft.

clarisonic is a great device. i love it !!
beautytalks

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:09 am      Reply with quote
I've only had my clarisonic for a week or so. It definitely cleans out the pores on my nose better than any AHA/BHA product I've used. I am using it twice a day. If I stay to long on my upper cheeks, near the eye area, it turns red. I just avoid that area when its sensitive. I think product could cause red blood vessels if u push it too hard or use it too often... but only around the eyes or nose.
beautytalks

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:12 am      Reply with quote
also, I think this could cause acne if u don't let the brush dry all the way and don't change it often. The water just sits there and I am sure stuff breeds.

I clean mine with peroxide now and then. I also shake it off the water droplets so it can dry thoroughly.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Just for what it's worth...I've had my clarisonic for a few months now and I feel like it gets my skin cleaner than using anything else. I think it's a great exfoliator! I'm using mine once a day (evening) and there's no traces of residual makeup after I use the toner.

Since I'm on Nuderm right now, my skin is alittle more sensitive, but I've had no problems with the Clarisonic at all. I think it has helped the blackheads on my nose tremendously!

I've also got the one that has the different settings and I'm using mine on the lowest right now. I think it has been a great addition to my skincare routine!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:45 am      Reply with quote
beautytalks wrote:
I've only had my clarisonic for a week or so. It definitely cleans out the pores on my nose better than any AHA/BHA product I've used. I am using it twice a day. If I stay to long on my upper cheeks, near the eye area, it turns red. I just avoid that area when its sensitive. I think product could cause red blood vessels if u push it too hard or use it too often... but only around the eyes or nose.

Hmm, maybe I should do a little more digging on this, as it sounds that it could cause the broken caps to get worse and I don't want that.
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
When I first got my Clarisonic I was using AHAs and BHAs and the occasional Retin-A. (I don't anymore.) And I found I couldn't use it more than twice a week as it would dry my skin out (probably from overexfoliation) even though I was using the softest brush and lowest setting. (I get the Sensitive or Delicate brush heads - can not remember which I have currently.)

But now that I don't use acids or scrubs or strong retinoids, I can use it 4 or 5 nights a week without overdrying, and it does clean my face very well. I really do like my Clarisonic.

I have never gotten red or rashy from it either, even when it made my skin dry.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my clarisonic this monring and I'm so excited! Still going through the first 24hours charge and I can't wait Smile

I bought the pro version because it comes with the univeral charging cradle (I live in singapore where our plug and voltage is those like the UK) and I use my own plug adaptor.

Just found out that the charging cradle has no metal extensions connecting to the device? The device just sits in the cradle there's no metal bits connecting them together. But surprisingly the device can charge! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |