Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Platelet-rich plasma rejuvenation (PRP)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Thats disappointing Keliu.

PRP looked quite promising, liked the idea behind it. Isn't this what Kylie is supposed to use, and has been doing so for years?
I was watching a programme on Danni Minogue the other night, not sure what age she is but she looked pretty good to me!!

Oh to have the finances to try all these things that they have access to!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
It could be that these types of treatments work better if you're younger and have more collagen to work with.

As for the celebrities - whatever it is that they get injected, you can guarantee that they get bucket loads of it, not just a couple of syringes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Funny this thread came up again, my local news (Minnesota) just did a huge piece on the "Vampire Facelift". They followed two women through the procedure, and when they were all done showing the results, I really couldn't tell the difference. So maybe for really subtle changes/healing this would work... but I think there are much better options out there for aging.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:04 am      Reply with quote
whirleegig wrote:
Yes, I just really don't want to fly somewhere when I could just drive 3 hours and come back. Especially right before Christmas. What if my flight go cancelled?

Don't they have travel insurance for that?
I have travel insurance for any trip anywhere up to 2 weeks anywhere in the world.
For 1 trip it is something like $40...but for 1 year my credit card co charges me $50 and no physical as it is an insurance anyone can buy.

But if you do use it for medical emegence part...they will not pay for preexisiing stuff...but it also has a travel cancelation and luggage loss and theft clause!

might be worth looking into.
you can even get this insurance 12 hours before your trip over the phone!
whirleegig
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I think I will get travel insurance every time I fly from now on! You make a lot of sense, Ottawa.

So I ended up getting another fat graft in december and will get another at the end of May.

I still haven't gotten PRP and I really want to! I just think I want PRP instead of PRFM (Selphyl). I may do that this summer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
whirleegig wrote:
I still haven't gotten PRP and I really want to! I just think I want PRP instead of PRFM (Selphyl). I may do that this summer.

I thought these treatments were basically the same and were just different brand names. Is that not the case?

5% products discount

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have not written anything here in a long time. I have been a very long time reader and have learned so much from the informed members of this forum. I am 62 and have finally spent quite a bit on plastic surgery. I am happy with the results. My husband and I are semi retired and travel a lot. I just want to be able to enjoy wearing the clothes that I want and going to the beach. I am not attempting to be "Barbie".

My most recent surgery involved body jet lipo with laser enhancement for skin tightening. I had the fat combined with the platelets and growth factors from my own blood. This was injected in my face and hands. I am two weeks post surgery and I am extremely pleased with the results. I know that it is more substantial than the "Vampire Facial", however I did want to share.

This was not inexpensive, however my husband and I are very pleased with the results and my doctor has told me that I will not see the full benefits for six months.

Thank you all for your time in posting your findings. I always learn a lot from all of you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
gpence wrote:
........with laser enhancement for skin tightening.

Could I just ask which type of laser treatment you had - and what do you think of the results? Was the laser treatment performed before or after the fat/platelets injections?

5% products discount

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had Smart Lipo in conjunction with the Body Jet Lipo. I am pleased with the results. It was my saddlebags, inner thighs, inner knees and right hip. I was advised that I would not see the full results for six months. The laser lipo was for body sculpting and skin tightening. I previously had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. It was not symetrical on my right hip. I am happy with my results. I have five children, four mine and one stepchild. I could not resolve sagging issues with diet and exercise.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
The laser lipo was performed before the fat injections. The fat retrieved from the body jet lipo is very clean and has less damage than other forms of lipo. The platelets and growth factors from your own blood enhances the success of the procedure.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Did not mean to post the same thing twice. Confused
moonda
5% products discount

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have just joined a place called scoopons.this is their latest deal but now im wondering after reading these posts if its a bit cheap.

Just $149 for a Breakthrough Medical Grade Skin Rejuvenation Treatment worth $400! Reclaim that youthful glow INSTANTLY with this revolutionary treatment that NATURALLY stimulates cell regeneration by delicately injecting your own plasma! Results last up to 1.5 YEARS! The stars are RAVING about Platelet Rich Plasma Technology and so will YOU!

what do you all think...too good to be true.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
That's certainly very cheap. I paid $800 for one vial of PRP.

In addition, I think the claims of "reclaiming that youthful glow" are over the top. At best, PRP will improve the look of the skin over time - it will not give any kind of instant visible results.

As far as my two treatments go - I'm still totally underwhelmed with the whole thing.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for replying as i have now decided not to do it.just seems to good to be true.cheers

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,
I used to post all the time but took a break and got over being so hooked on it, got hooked on a plastic surgery forum instead Razz

I got a treatment the other day and had to of course post about it for all you forum-ers that are thinking about giving it a go. First let me say I'm not really sold on it as it dosent have enough clinical evidence to back it up, only anecdotal just because something works for healing another thing in the body it does not necessarily mean the same healing results will translate to the skin. However it was very cheap on Living Social at $150AUD so could not pass the opportunity up (having said that also snagged a mesotherapy treatment, which I'm going to use in six weeks).

This is a painful treatment, not as painful as carboxytherapy which in the end was not worth the pain because it did nothing at all for me but still painful. I have been to this clinic before and it is very reputable, the doctor does it in a particular way so that not as many injections are needed (because it would absolutely kill getting these injections all over the face).

I will be updating this post as soon as tangible results occur (if they do) but at the moment am liking the swollen look of the cheek area, the injections have kind of puffed the area up and made it look like there are actually cheeks there.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:17 am      Reply with quote
moonda wrote:
I have just joined a place called scoopons.this is their latest deal but now im wondering after reading these posts if its a bit cheap.

Just $149 for a Breakthrough Medical Grade Skin Rejuvenation Treatment worth $400! Reclaim that youthful glow INSTANTLY with this revolutionary treatment that NATURALLY stimulates cell regeneration by delicately injecting your own plasma! Results last up to 1.5 YEARS! The stars are RAVING about Platelet Rich Plasma Technology and so will YOU!

what do you all think...too good to be true.

Hi Moonda,

This didnt happen to be at Renaissance Cosmetic Clinic. They are always having coupon deals and they are excellent value, plus the staff are also fantastic. I got my Mesotherapy coupon through them as well, looking forward to using it Very Happy

P.s. come to think of it the injection sites are still tender and it's one day after treatment, supposed this is normal but botox dosent give you much tenderness and more injections are needed.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:42 am      Reply with quote
It doesn't sound like any of the first hand reports of PRP are very promising?

Keliu,

Do you mind explaining the process further?

Thanks, BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
It doesn't sound like any of the first hand reports of PRP are very promising?

Keliu,

Do you mind explaining the process further?

Thanks, BFG

The procedure is shown on this site I posted when this thread started, mind you the model in the video looks pretty good to begin with but it does show the way PRP is done.

http://prpskinrejuvenation.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I've actually booked in for a consultation at Australian Skin Clinic at Ashmore next Thursday. So I'll let you know what they say - I'd like to get it done around my mouth. They quoted $1,200 per area but the process needs to be repeated within 4-6 weeks.

Since this is actually a cytokine-mediated treatment, DrJ feels a need to chime in. PRP is rich in some powerful cytokines, PDGF, FGF, and VEGF in abundance. But these are for early stage wound healing, and ones that are associated with inflammation.You will build up the wrong kind of collagen. Can lead to scarring. I'm going to post a table to BFT tomorrow that shows various growth factors during wound healing.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I used to post all the time but took a break and got over being so hooked on it, got hooked on a plastic surgery forum instead Razz

I got a treatment the other day and had to of course post about it for all you forum-ers that are thinking about giving it a go. First let me say I'm not really sold on it as it dosent have enough clinical evidence to back it up, only anecdotal just because something works for healing another thing in the body it does not necessarily mean the same healing results will translate to the skin. However it was very cheap on Living Social at $150AUD so could not pass the opportunity up (having said that also snagged a mesotherapy treatment, which I'm going to use in six weeks).

This is a painful treatment, not as painful as carboxytherapy which in the end was not worth the pain because it did nothing at all for me but still painful. I have been to this clinic before and it is very reputable, the doctor does it in a particular way so that not as many injections are needed (because it would absolutely kill getting these injections all over the face).

I will be updating this post as soon as tangible results occur (if they do) but at the moment am liking the swollen look of the cheek area, the injections have kind of puffed the area up and made it look like there are actually cheeks there.

Sounds a whole lot like a classical inflammatory reaction to me.
naturebella
5% products discount

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:31 am      Reply with quote
any more reviews of the selphyl prp?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Friend of mine tried the Vampire Facelift and it did nothing. She later had a real facelift and looks great.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |