Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Retin-A Withdraw
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Before using Retin A I had very clear skin. I didn't even have to wash my face if I didn't want too. I stopped using Retin A about 4 months ago. Let me tell you I can't remember a time where my skin has been so horrible! My forehead just won't clear up. I get these really hard pimples. What happened to my clear skin?

Has anyone has this problem? I feel really angry. What are you supposed to do go back on the stuff? How long did it take for your skin to go back to normal, if it ever does?

*Sigh*
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
continue using retin-a?
SandyT
5% products discount

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I am going through the same thing. My face has been breaking out worse than ever since I stopped the R-A. There has to be something out there that would clear this up. I was starting to think mine maybe hormonal (I'm 57)but it did not start until after I stopped the R-A, so just assumed that was it and after your post, I dunno!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
i had dry red flaky blotches after retin-a for about 1 week, now its still there but much better,
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
SandyT wrote:
I am going through the same thing. My face has been breaking out worse than ever since I stopped the R-A. There has to be something out there that would clear this up. I was starting to think mine maybe hormonal (I'm 57)but it did not start until after I stopped the R-A, so just assumed that was it and after your post, I dunno!

I'm sorry your going through the same thing I am! I've been using clindamycin on the really hard pimples. It usually works but sometimes it takes awhile.

I really don't think it's hormonal because I'm on birth control and that is suppose to help keep your skin clear. Like I said before I've never had such a problem with my skin until after stopping Retin-A. If I find a solution I'll let you know, and if you find one let me know. Smile
HeavenLeigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Recovery from retin-A use is possible!! But you need to use something to control the acne in the meantime, and I don't recommend anythiing harsh including antibiotics. I've tried this, and the acne just came back after I stopped.

I have also been a retin-A user, relatively long-term for about a solid year of applying it every night. I stopped because I felt my skin was look really blah even with most of the acne under control. It didn't stop the hard bumps from forming either, it just kinda stayed fatter. Retin-A also didn't stop milia from forming...and overall, I uneven skintone, and dryness despite my oily skin. Skin was also less firm and much thinner. I just suddenly looked OLDER!

Ok and I must've mentioned this a million times across EDS by now *chuckle* but I started the 302 skincare regime in attempt to search for a non-acid alternative, which has been a godsend to me!! Very Happy I've been using the acne mist, recovery minerals, ointment rx and 302 drops (really speeds up healing and surfacing of the hard bumps!!!) While I still get breakouts, they are healing faster and surfacing properly. It's been about 4 months, but I must say I saw the benefits of 302 rightaway...you need to persist with it though as recovery can be slooooow but consistent if your routine is not too much.

And other things: I know this will sound very conventional, but I think that eating healthy (no fried, sugary, spicy things) - lots of fruits and veggies and fluid consumption, and fish!! Fish is amazing. And getting to bed early, getting enough sleep is of utmost important. For me, my acne starts flaring everywhere if I go to bed late (even if I wake up late too). These are chinese medicine principles, but they do help with controlling inflammation and redness of the acne or acne marks.

The results are now, 5 months after stopping retin-A and 4 months into using 302, I'm looking younger again as my skin recovers its original firmness, thickness and ability to retain moisture. I thought I'd gained weight when I saw that my skin was looking more thick and firm, but I hadn't gained any weight! I must also add that prior to this, acne had been a problem for me for 4 years!! Now it's under control even without retin-A or acids or regular exfoliating.

All the best with your acne recovery, it *IS* possible to recover your skin to its prior condition!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:59 am      Reply with quote
I've started using retin-a on my neck, but after reading this I will never use it on my face! I have never had spots or acne and have really clear skin so would hate the after effects of retin-a if they happened to me. The idea of being practically dependent on one thing for the rest fo my life doesn't sound appealing!! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
HeavenLeigh wrote:
Recovery from retin-A use is possible!! But you need to use something to control the acne in the meantime, and I don't recommend anythiing harsh including antibiotics. I've tried this, and the acne just came back after I stopped.

I have also been a retin-A user, relatively long-term for about a solid year of applying it every night. I stopped because I felt my skin was look really blah even with most of the acne under control. It didn't stop the hard bumps from forming either, it just kinda stayed fatter. Retin-A also didn't stop milia from forming...and overall, I uneven skintone, and dryness despite my oily skin. Skin was also less firm and much thinner. I just suddenly looked OLDER!

Ok and I must've mentioned this a million times across EDS by now *chuckle* but I started the 302 skincare regime in attempt to search for a non-acid alternative, which has been a godsend to me!! Very Happy I've been using the acne mist, recovery minerals, ointment rx and 302 drops (really speeds up healing and surfacing of the hard bumps!!!) While I still get breakouts, they are healing faster and surfacing properly. It's been about 4 months, but I must say I saw the benefits of 302 rightaway...you need to persist with it though as recovery can be slooooow but consistent if your routine is not too much.

And other things: I know this will sound very conventional, but I think that eating healthy (no fried, sugary, spicy things) - lots of fruits and veggies and fluid consumption, and fish!! Fish is amazing. And getting to bed early, getting enough sleep is of utmost important. For me, my acne starts flaring everywhere if I go to bed late (even if I wake up late too). These are chinese medicine principles, but they do help with controlling inflammation and redness of the acne or acne marks.

The results are now, 5 months after stopping retin-A and 4 months into using 302, I'm looking younger again as my skin recovers its original firmness, thickness and ability to retain moisture. I thought I'd gained weight when I saw that my skin was looking more thick and firm, but I hadn't gained any weight! I must also add that prior to this, acne had been a problem for me for 4 years!! Now it's under control even without retin-A or acids or regular exfoliating.

All the best with your acne recovery, it *IS* possible to recover your skin to its prior condition!

Hey Hun!
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your reply! I'm really glad that the 302 system has brought back your beautiful skin! I was just thinking before I started using Retin-A people used to tell me my skin was really nice. I used to think to myself " what are they talking about". Now that I have these horrible breakouts I think to myself "my skin wasn't that bad".

I started looking into what everyone is doing for their skin and what is supposed to the top of the line products. I kept seeing all of these acids products. I kept wondering to myself has anyone used acids for along period of time? It seems to me "acids" seem to be the "it" thing in skincare, but for how long? It just didn't seem right to me. So I never started using any other acids but Retin-A.

I wonder how many doctors have seen patients that have stopped using Retin-A, and they ended up having horrible breakouts ect? If they know this information why aren't they warning people about this?

I might receive "heck" for posting this but somehow I really don't think Retin A is that great and wonderful like the derm's crack it up to be. I wonder how many of the studies for Retin-A were done by the drug companies? I haven't heard of a lot of people who have used Retin-A for along time. I know there are some and if it works for you that's great!

I really like the looks of ingredients in 302 skincare. I like that it has no parbens, SLS and all that other junk I'm trying to stay away from.

The one thing I've learned about skincare is you really have to be your own investigator. Just because Retin-A claims to be the greatest product in the world doesn't me it's going to be that way for you! I've also think there is a lot of junk in skincare. Unnecessary cheap ingredients such as SLS parbens ect..

Smile
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I think the skincare problems you are talking about after quitting Retin A are not the norm and Retin A can do far more good than harm.. I hope this thread doesn't discourage potential users. Without a doubt I believe most people on this forum would agree, it is singlehandedly the most effect anti-aging substance we have in our arsenal!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm about to embark on a 302 regimen and terrified of not using my Retin A. I was advised to slowly ween off. I'm always trying something "new" and like the 302 philosophy. I had planned on using Retin A forever and still may be back. This thread has me wondering if I too will experience the negative after effects.Please do keep us posted as to your progress without Retin A. I really hope your skin goes back soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
I'm about to embark on a 302 regimen and terrified of not using my Retin A. I was advised to slowly ween off. I'm always trying something "new" and like the 302 philosophy. I had planned on using Retin A forever and still may be back. This thread has me wondering if I too will experience the negative after effects.Please do keep us posted as to your progress without Retin A. I really hope your skin goes back soon.

Hi! I didn't mean to scare you! I heard that your looking into trying 302 as well. I'm sure everyone who goes off of Retin A doesn't have problems, I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones! Thank you for your kind words, I hope my skin goes back to normal as well.

Smile
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I think the skincare problems you are talking about after quitting Retin A are not the norm and Retin A can do far more good than harm.. I hope this thread doesn't discourage potential users. Without a doubt I believe most people on this forum would agree, it is singlehandedly the most effect anti-aging substance we have in our arsenal!

This thread wasn't meant to "scare" anyone off from using Retin-A. As I stated before, I'm sure some people love it as have great success with the product.

I just think people shouldn't jump into using a product because everyone else is using is. They should do a lot of research and take their own skin type into consideration. Smile
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I do agree with you that this is a few cases. Overall, I am very happy using Retin-A and my skin has never been better.... I think proper eating is a factor... Eat more vegies, less meat, no fried foods, drink lots of water and please do not poke those pimples or even touch it!

mountaingirl wrote:
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe there is only a "few" cases of people who had side effects from Retin A. There is no way of really knowing. Maybe I just got lucky. As for my diet, I haven't ate red meat for years. I also drink a lot of water, eat fruit ect... I never had any skin problems until I stopped Retin A. Like I said I guess I'm just lucky.

jade-1234 wrote:
I do agree with you that this is a few cases. Overall, I am very happy using Retin-A and my skin has never been better.... I think proper eating is a factor... Eat more vegies, less meat, no fried foods, drink lots of water and please do not poke those pimples or even touch it!

mountaingirl wrote:
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |