Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does anyone have porcelain veeners?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I had pretty good teeth, not very white though and pretty small, I never liked them! About 3 years ago I got some composite veneers (bonding) to my front top six teeth. It was the best thing I ever did! Made such a difference, they look extremely natural and they didn't have to file my own teeth back, just slightly roughened them. But I don't worry about that, if they discolour over time, which I am sure they will, I will just have them redone!
I have also tried the Supersmile toothpaste form EDS, I got the two pack..toothpaste and accelerator. It is recommended for veeneered teeth, I did find it good. Bit expensive for everyday use, but I use it for about six weeks and then alternate with regular whitening toothpaste,
Juniffer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have Porcelain veneers already for 6 years now and they are as good as new. They don`t pick up stains and give my teeth great natural look. I can smile every time I want to without embarrassment.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
A year ago I had Lumineers put on 6 top front teeth and then 2 crowns next to them. I love them. They're very thin so they dont look like "Chiclets". My dentist used the 2nd from whitest color and then used "Movie Star White" bonding material beneath them so that they arent "bleached white" but more natural looking.

I tried bleaching but OMG! the pain was horrid.

My dentist told me that the bottom front teeth would require crowns since the biting surfaces cant be done with Lumineers. Is that true???

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
A year ago I had Lumineers put on 6 top front teeth and then 2 crowns next to them. I love them. They're very thin so they dont look like "Chiclets". My dentist used the 2nd from whitest color and then used "Movie Star White" bonding material beneath them so that they arent "bleached white" but more natural looking.

I tried bleaching but OMG! the pain was horrid.

My dentist told me that the bottom front teeth would require crowns since the biting surfaces cant be done with Lumineers. Is that true???

i dunno if that's true, never experiencing Lumineers,--
but, a friend of mine,
had the frontal portion of her 2 lower teeth *bonded-over* with no bite problem --
depends on one's bite, and the thickness of her bonding and the thinness of your veneers, i suppose.--
a shame to have to crown yours, if you don't have to Sad
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kath!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have veneers, so don't know if this applicable but what I do when I bleach my teeth is to use dental grade fluoride (which you can order at the pharmacy or online). You fill the tray, just as your dentist does and use for the required time - just a few minutes. Do this a couple of times before you bleach and it eliminates that awful electric feeling pain.

This excellent tip was given me by a member on another forum and it has been very helpful in maintaining the pearly whites! Thanks, C!
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I am so thankful for this thread! I am debating on whether to get veneers or not. My teeth are very straight but I grind them. I had bleaching trays done 10 years ago and cannot use them because they fall off since I have lost so much length from my teeth. I should have listened to my dentist years ago and got a mouth guard but I didn't think my grinding was that bad...was I wrong!!

I was told that bonding to lengthen my teeth would not work because I would just break it off during the day. I should probably get a second opinion because I am not sure this is true. I am conscious during the day and would not intentionally grind my teeth! I have thought about veneers but the thought of them scares me. I would appreciate any input from you guys? I am embarrassed to smile because my teeth are so short now!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi, allyssa, I have porcelain veeners. I've have mine over 25 years. I'm glad I got them. I think it would be very wise of you to get a second opinion. You need to do that. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, allyssa, I have porcelain veeners. I've have mine over 25 years. I'm glad I got them. I think it would be very wise of you to get a second opinion. You need to do that. Smile

Hi Mars, thanks for your response! Have your gums receded at all during that time? My concerns are that my gums will recede making the veneers visible and fake looking. I will talk to my dentist about this as well before making my decision.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Yes, my gums have receded. However, my gum line doesn't show when I talk or smile, so for me that's not an issue.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Yes, my gums have receded. However, my gum line doesn't show when I talk or smile, so for me that's not an issue.

Thanks again..my gums do show when I smile so that would concern me at some point. I'm sure that it takes some time for gums to start receding and if that's the case I could always have the visible veneers replaced. Have you ever had any problems with sensitivity? Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions...I am really nervous and want to make the right decision Exclamation
Cheerisonic
5% products discount

Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have a couple things to add.

Make sure you go to a cosmetic dentist that shows you his work aka portfolio. Ask to meet a couple patients to see his/her work in person.

The old way of veneers (which was the right way) was to bond a fingernail thin piece to each tooth. Which is the way most dentists do it now.

I have had veneers at least 30 or more years and my first set was beautiful. The second set was when they used the technique of filing each tooth down to attach a pre-cast veneer. (Basically placing caps on the teeth.) I wouldn't have agreed to it but the dentist started grinding my teeth before I could stop him. So wrong.

To top things off make sure when you are getting porcelain veneers that is truly what they are going to be. Mine were supposed to be that and they are just made out of composite. They are beautiful, but what a disappointing second experience. Funny thing is the same dentist did both sets.

Anyway, some things to ponder. I don't regret ever getting them, but I thought I would just share my experience.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |